Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issue #12 preview

Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Until the News section entry goes up by Suzie:

yesterday evening FC did an Issue #12 preview on twitch (I know, I used to say I loathe twitch, but there was an Issue #12 pack giveaway as well, and who doesn't love freebies image but as usual, Lady Luck favoured someone else... anyways, now it's on youtube as well, https://youtu.be/PBzdLUYIpNg).

#12 will arrive in two parts, first one in mid-August, the second is 2-3 weeks after that. At first glance it seems like Issue #8 was, in the sense that it gives only "endgame" stuff and not mandatory at all. Will bring however a lot of changes, some of them are a bit odd (imo, but others in the chat and on forums raised some concerns too).

With #12 Flappy will back in form of a 10-man raid, and all the raids will be available to anyone. #12 owners will only get two new dungeons, and there will be intorduced a Nightmare version of the raids, that will be also for #12 owners only. The story won't be advancing much within the dungeons (we're still at the Tower), and somewhere in the stream it was mentioned that Issue #13 will be a pvp-focused one, so I think for now FC is still happy with the Season 1 closure, and now it's "some more endgame grind" time :)

That's why I think it's like Issue #8 was, kinda like a transmission between the main game and Tokyo.

Changes with #12:

Lair keys will be used to summon world bosses. Sounds cool, I like the coordinated events, but what's with the lag if those will be around 24/7? :)  Progress cap will be increased to 11 from 10.5.

Currency revamp, that's a big one, they will collapse everything into Black Bullions (+ intorduce a new top-currency Pantheon). So when Issue #12 arrives, all the tokens and marks and everything will be converted. And to avoid what LotRO has (with every new update they convert Seals into Meds so Seals could remain the top currency), they don't want to revamp this system in the future anymore, so there will a cap to prevent folks piling up huge amounts of BB / Pantheon. The numbers / values are still in progress, and that's what makes or breaks this change... if doing a Kingsmouth mission is giving the same type of black bullion as the elite dungeons for example, you need to set the amounts right :)

This will bring a lot of changes with itself, like no more lockouts on dungeons (you can farm them as much as you like) since there's the cap on the currencies - both a total cap, and also a cap on how much you can earn in a week. Also a change in Fusang, no more gain from passively standing there, there will be missions changing dinamically (more than the 3 current ones) and those will dishing out the bullions.

The social panel gets a revamp, that's a good thing. There will be a dungeon finder too, I dunno... I don't have problems with dungeon finders but some folks do :)

What I do have problems, is the system of dailies. Which will be introduced with Issue #12... Ok, called Challenges, but effectively it's the "good" ol' dailies. I'm not happy with it, but who know? Until it's not mandatory and I can ignore it, I'm fine...

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by Po_gg

Currency revamp, that's a big one, they will collapse everything into Black Bullions (+ intorduce a new top-currency Pantheon).

With #12 first part is soon here, Tilty posted the planned conversion rates and the caps: https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?87234

As advised in the post too, spend your tokens before the new Issue, the cap is fairly low and the overflow rate of 2000 PAX per old bullion is close to nothing image

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Looks like I'll be sitting this one out.

Nunstheless, thanks for the info, Pogg!

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    The maintenance got extended, but the changelog is already up:  (nothing really new, all was discussed earlier)
    http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/update_notes_1.12