Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Play Habbo Hotel NOT SAFE

omgbrad248omgbrad248 Member Posts: 1

Habbo was already in trouble for sexual allegations in 2012 by channel 4 the information can be found and read on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habbo

This was submitted as a review and what parents and everyone should know what to expect when playing this game.

Where scammers run Habbo.

Trolls disrupt events.

Rude crude violent behavior.

Expect to be blocked,trolled, ganged up on, bullied , hated ,and banned for no reason at all.

Calling for help is considered harassment and a crime to the moderators.

The moderators are incompetent and cannot moderate all the Habbo’s on its website.

It’s the safety and moderation that has failed Habbo.com not the registerd users.

Once you've signed up on Habbo.com you can never delete your characters and you can never permanently delete your account 

Comments

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Somehow i still cant find what a pidophile is, and why he is playing habbo hotel..

But i think its a guy that has a playstation.

http://psnprofiles.com/Pidophile

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I feel like when my parents grandparents were scoffing at my era but what i see in today's society is laughable.

All these so called SOCIAL hangouts are anything but ,they are just some wave of kids wanting in on everything FB or Twitter,Snapchat or any other platform that carries a friends list.Since i got to watch all the era's of change,this reminds me of when Credit Cards became popular,people started collecting them like baseball cards lol.Now the kids are collecting all these media friend list options,some people with thousands on their FB friend lists.Yes must be a ton fo really good friends if you have a thousand on your list lmao.

I would assume outdoor activities are dying out and sports,well kids rather sit there fiddling on an iphone than get involved in athletics and REAL social activities.

I can only imagine where gaming and social ideas go in another 20 years,it could be frightening.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Wall of text...

*edit* wall of text was removed by the OP

Is this a rant against the company or against kids doing some exploring on games?

About 10 years ago a friend of mine used to play this. Think she was about 17 and fell in love with a guy - met him rl - lost her virginity to him.

True story.

Parents should:

A: Have that talk with their kids and warn them about pedos online.

B: Not be surprised that kids are curious.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Games like this need a feature that saves the  chat logs of the user and emails the log to a parents account once the youth has logged out for review.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

One simple solution would be to implement the system that ToonTown Online used, in that all chat was pre-canned. It was both fun and engaging and you weren't subjected to this and felt like you were still communicating with people and if you wanted to "real talk" to someone with full chat you had to add them as a real life friend. 

This is subjecting youth to way too much graphic content immediately, so automatically they think it is "ok" or "right", they need to know that it is not ok and implementing a system as mentioned would nip this in the bud.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Very creepy.

Sounds like they should implement some kind of system that picks up on words and then sends suspicious chat logs to the mods, along with some kind of warning to the person being harassed. (Telling them to break off all contact with the creep that's messaging them)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Dakeru

Wall of text...

*edit* wall of text was removed by the OP

Is this a rant against the company or against kids doing some exploring on games?

About 10 years ago a friend of mine used to play this. Think she was about 17 and fell in love with a guy - met him rl - lost her virginity to him.

True story.

Parents should:

A: Have that talk with their kids and warn them about pedos online.

B: Not be surprised that kids are curious.

If you had read the second half of the original wall of text you would have noticed the OP claimed numerous times about how they "banned for no reason" which tells you all you really need to know about where this post is coming from.  This isn't about children.  This is just another guy going to a third party site to complain about getting banned.  Although it's a refreshing change from the usual suspects who get banned from the SWTOR or gw2 forums and show up here to complain about it.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by reeereee

If you had read the second half of the original wall of text you would have noticed the OP claimed numerous times about how they "banned for no reason" which tells you all you really need to know about where this post is coming from.  This isn't about children.  This is just another guy going to a third party site to complain about getting banned.  Although it's a refreshing change from the usual suspects who get banned from the SWTOR or gw2 forums and show up here to complain about it.

I skipped over it and keywords like "pidofile" and 13 year olds caught my attention.

That's the problem with walls of text - they distract from what someone really wants to say.

Harbinger of Fools
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    This crap angers me to no end. Grr. String them up. There's a host of predators on that website. Vigilante or not they need to be stopped.