Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is with these patches.

makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
I don't think I have seen such bad patches in a mmo before. It takes them 6 plus hours to change like 5 things and the patch is 6 gbs. It's kinda rediclous.

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by makasouleater69
    I don't think I have seen such bad patches in a mmo before. It takes them 6 plus hours to change like 5 things and the patch is 6 gbs. It's kinda rediclous.

Wouldnt it be obvious that it isnt just 5 things when a patch is 6gb? 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

Prob console (

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Dragnelus
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

Prob console (

6 gb isn't a patch, its a major rewrite. Is this happening on PC, or on Console?

If its on Console then could be its just early teething problems and they had to replace a significant portion of their code image

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516

Unfortunately its could be just a few things they changed.

Reason being is that the way their patching system works, they don't if I recall have great delta patching. This leaves sometimes certain portions of code that may have a small change needing the whole code portion to be downloaded again, this could be even if just 10mb of code is different, but if that is inside something much bigger then you are buggered :D, you will have to download the whole lot for it.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by wyldmagik

Unfortunately its could be just a few things they changed.Reason being is that the way their patching system works, they don't if I recall have great delta patching. This leaves sometimes certain portions of code that may have a small change needing the whole code portion to be downloaded again, this could be even if just 10mb of code is different, but if that is inside something much bigger then you are buggered :D, you will have to download the whole lot for it.

I see. Thanks for explaining. The other posters obviously had no idea what they are talking about.
  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    The latest patch also appears to have broken much more than it fixed.  Official tech support forums are full of people that cannot login and some have found that since patching their PC is no longer meeting the minimum requirements.  Zenimax apparently believe that all PC owners are wealthy and able to upgrade their machines to cope with the patches.  I have other problems like mobs vanishing or jumping through or into walls where I am unable to hit them.  They can still hit me however.  Falling through the geography, abilities not working as intended etc.  Damn game is back to how it was in beta, full to the gills with bugs. 
    Originally posted by Stuka1000

The latest patch also appears to have broken much more than it fixed.  Official tech support forums are full of people that cannot login and some have found that since patching their PC is no longer meeting the minimum requirements.  Zenimax apparently believe that all PC owners are wealthy and able to upgrade their machines to cope with the patches.  I have other problems like mobs vanishing or jumping through or into walls where I am unable to hit them.  They can still hit me however.  Falling through the geography, abilities not working as intended etc.  Damn game is back to how it was in beta, full to the gills with bugs. 

They definitely broke the login server. As for system requirements, they are extremely low. I play on a very low end 3570k stock speed i5 with no grahipics card. I am able to have everything on high minus shadows aa and reflections and get 30 fps. That is pretty good if you ask me. If you want lower games play like eq or uo. You could pick up a computer like mine for like 50-200 bucks used. Hell even if you built it, it would cost like 300. If you don't like figuring out how to maintain and run a pc, I suggest you sell any of u have and get a ps4. Most people can't handle a pc, without braking it. There are just to many things you can do to it to make it not work right. So as for all that my phone is worth more than my pc, I am dirt poor and don't have a steady job, but managed to get a pc capable of playing eso. What you want Obama to say eso is a nessicity and you can now buy it with ebt hahaha.

Hell I even play on a 51 inch screen, and have a back up 53 inch. Some one gave away on Craigslist. With the rate people throw teleconogly away I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could build a free computer capable of playing eso.