Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Orcs Must Die: Unchained: PvE Section Incoming with Tomorrow's Update

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gameforge and Robot Entertainment have sent word that tomorrow's big update to Orcs Must Die Unchained closed beta client will contain a brand new PvE mode. In addition, PvP mechanics and core game features have been tuned to keep the franchise fresh and growing.

Get ready to be unchained!

A well-organised team can now also profit from another new mechanic in PvE: the Unchained Meter. A barometer fills up as you eliminate enemies through combos, i.e. in a combination of traps and hero attack damage. Once charged, the group enters Unchained Mode and unleashes a greater level of destruction. All heroes get a health and mana bonus as well as reduced cooldowns for their skills. The difficulty rises in spite of all advantages however, rising from wave to wave and demanding the whole team’s attention during special boss waves. New bosses, such as Dread, a heavily armoured orc, or Sarge, a plate-armoured soldier, ensure that groups soon start to feel the heat.

Supreme performances will be rewarded with a high ranking in the leaderboards, on which players can compare their results with others.

Read more about the beta update to Orcs Must Die Unchained.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I love this game and Dungeon Defenders 2, so good! :D
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • GrendGrend Member UncommonPosts: 63
    This is just what I was waiting for. Nothing wrong with the PvP side of the game but it's not  my favorite part of OMDU.
  • BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

The fact that this is run by Gameforge makes me get a sick feeling in my stomach, even though I want to try it I don't think I will overcome this feeling.

"Gameforge" also known as "Frogster" have proven many times that they are not only the most heavy handed and sneaky p2w company in the industry but also have terrible customer support and care nothing for their players. They run/ran a little game known as Runes of Magic, just a heads up as some people may not realize that Frogster changed their name to Gameforge.

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    I was viewing some of the screenshots from that page that is linked and looks really fun. I can't wait to play.