Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population Growth & The Learning Curve

2»

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I tried it and although seems ok in a very average old school sort of way,it is just too clunky slow.I am ok with grind but it has to be a busy grind.

One of the biggest reasons i don't like linear questing games is because i don't like walking around just for the sake of walking around.I like to reach a destination and get busy,that is why i always adhere to grouping games.

In this game it seemed like i was just waddling around not getting much accomplished.I should be more ummm lenient i guess since i played FFXI for years and it's harvesting for example is very slow as well.I guess the difference is that crafting in FFXI, i knew there was a legit reward for doing it,PO never sold me on that, i just felt like i was waddling around and will regret every minute of it afterwards.

I might add the world did not look as good in game as it does in pictures,it looks rather oldish like pre Wow era.

I think i am just very picky now a days,i am getting a lot older,so i really want a TRIPLE A game i can call home for my last swing at mmorpg gaming.First thing i think of when i enter a game n ow ,is do i  feel like i would stay in the game for several years,if not then i logout and forget it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Hardly a learning curve considering how strip down it is. You got to have a lot of patience.

Did they even bother assigning keys to their Action Bars yet? This one alone is quite challenging not knowing what the fuck you are pressing.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • wmmarcellinowmmarcellino Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

Hardly a learning curve considering how strip down it is. You got to have a lot of patience.

Did they even bother assigning keys to their Action Bars yet? This one alone is quite challenging not knowing what the fuck you are pressing.

1-8 and Alt + 1-8 :)

Do the RIGHT THING: come be a Paladin with us! http://ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com/

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    Originally posted by wmmarcellino
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

1-8 and Alt + 1-8 :)

They mapped out on their UI?

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • AndiusMeuridiarAndiusMeuridiar Member UncommonPosts: 91
    pfo.pathfinderwiki.com/pw/Special:NewPages

You expect people to use a wiki that hasn't seen any new content added since shortly after the release of the game???

I think you have the answer to Mbando's question in the OP right there by the way. There needs to be new info going onto that wiki and old info getting updated every single day.

The fact there hasn't been a new page added since January and there are so, so, many red links is... incredible.
    It's your wiki! It isn't supposed to be a "personal project" it's where everyone who gives half a damn about this game gets together and submits a bit of content so that new players are armed with a one stop source they can go to in order to learn about the game.

When I play Wurm I find 90% of the information I need on the wiki. When I play Life is Feudal I find 90% of the information I need on the wiki. When I play ArcheAge I find 90% of the information I need on the wiki. Wiki's are the lifeblood of a good sandbox title. They don't have to pay anyone to make them either, people just care enough to do so.

Yeah the fact you (as a community) just upped and stopped working on it the same month as release says a lot about the level of hope on passion remaining for this title. Also people are pretty justified to gripe about a steep learning curve when the wiki is inactive and wasn't even halfway complete at it's time of abandonment. There's a difference between expecting people to use the wiki and expecting people to sort through a whole ton of third party sites, spreadsheets, and guides.

If I still cared about the success of this game I would be trying to get together every community member who still gives a damn to commit to 20-60 minutes a week of adding and updating wiki content.
    wurmpedia.com

There is an example of what a healthy sandboxe's wiki looks like.
    That's cool. I'm a newb looking to be a fighter. I want to compare melee and ranged weapons by the feats they offer, and then find which NPCs train those feats and where they are in the town I'm in.

Oh damn. I see there is no pages for specific weapons showing the feats they offer and no maps. That's fine. They do offer the raw data I need to make those weapon pages and I'll put the map data in myself. Where can I go to contribute that content?

All I can say is longterm I really hope The Seventh Viel are keeping up with the maintenance of that site if you want it to be a wiki substitute. Though you may not need to worry about the longterm with anything concerning your game.
  • AudoucetAudoucet Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by rsdancey

Perhaps this is the resource you're looking for ...

There is a problem if your biggest supporter, Caldeathe, directs people to the wrong wiki. Maybe the good one isn't advertised enough.

Caldeathe...

Life is Feudal Wiki

Wurm Online Wiki

Archeage Wiki

Runescape Wiki

ARK Survival Evolved Wiki

Pathfinder Online Wiki

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't fit in...

Lets face it. If the game catches on then the wiki catches on. Sure it isn't THE wiki. Can you point me to the more successful wiki? A REAL wiki built by the community, not a data dump with some hyperlinks by two people.

Pathfinder Online didn't not catch on with it's "intended audience". It didn't catch on at all. 

I won't claim The Seventh Veil didn't make a lot of extremely poor decisions in how they handled the running of the wiki. Generally is most good games though, when one wiki is being mismanaged another pops up and takes it's place.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Guys, I think the WIKI is pretty far down the list of things they need to do/fix for the game.  Would a good WIKI help?  Sure, but there are soooo many items I would rank higher... 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

A wiki isn't something they need to do. It's something the community should do IF they care about this game.