Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of Joiningg. What's the state?

mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Hey all,

Was thinking about giving it a try.  I tried when it first came out, but it was simply unplayable.  I've heard a slight murmur in the ether that it might be doing a bit better.  Is this true?  How is the population?  

thx,

I self identify as a monkey.

Comments

• RollerratRollerrat Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I too am curious about the game. On paper MO is almost my "perfect" MMORPG. How stable the game is nowadays? Any game-breaking bugs? I assume the population is still quite small?
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Last I checked ( several months ago) everyone that's left after the TC update was turtled up in their own self-sufficient cities. If you're returning, jumping into one of the established guilds seems a good way to hit the ground running.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by DMKano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZqZw8nzu20

Instakilla still plays so - I guess they're not doing anything about blatant hacking heh

Instakilla was banned actually.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

The game overall is in a pretty decent state. Pretty much everything works as it should and the new expansion added a ton of content. Unfortunately TC gave players the tools to create huge walled-off safe zones that make it far too easy to farm in 100% safety. While some may think this is good for the game (and I've heard the population has been increasing), I feel like it has largely removed the world PvP aspects that used to make the game truly enjoyable for people like myself. Still, this won't effect new players in a negative way, so give it a try!