Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to register Steam key without reinstalling (or installing through Steam)

SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82

Greets all,

I purchased TSW Base game during Steam's Flash Sale, but already had the game installed and a character started via a buddy key trial. I didn't want to redownload the massive files from Steam and I wanted to continue my character's progress, but was at a loss on how to get the Steam Key (it wasn't in the email I received for the purchase confirm and, although TSW was in my game library, there was no option to view key).

Anyway, I finally figured it out and thought I'd share in case anyone else that recently purchased has the same issue:

(1) I had to initiate the INSTALL from Steam. As soon as I started install, the option (right click over TSW) to VIEW KEY became available.
(2) Copied key to clipboard
(3) Steam Download Manager > Pause Download. I then deleted download (which had only done a few megs) and uninstalled local content
(4) Login in to TSW Account. Bottom left option to register key. Pasted key from Steam
(5) The Steam key copied has no dashes....you have to put a "-" after every 4th character
(6) Once key registered, TSW has an extra step where you then have to link you Steam Account to TSW to validate the key is legit I guess. Login to Steam through the prompt and TSW is actvated.

Last thing to note for other noobs like me....when in game, open the TSW STORE (default is ",") CLick on CLAIM ITEMS and there are a number of 0 cost items you can buy for your character (e.g. Temple Cat, Time Accelerator, Clothing, etc) that you receive for having bought the game.

Cheers.

Comments

• KeanNKeanN Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Or you can just right click the game in your Library and press view CD Key, Just saying :)
  • SquireXSquireX Member UncommonPosts: 82

Originally posted by KeanN
    Or you can just right click the game in your Library and press view CD Key, Just saying :)

But as I said...the option to VIEW KEY when you right click in your game library doesn't exist for TSW until you actually start Steam Install :)

That was the 1st thing I tried to do.

Besides, the key that you then are presented is missing formatting, etc.

Just trying to be helpful. Just saying

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by SquireX

Last thing to note for other noobs like me....when in game, open the TSW STORE (default is ",") CLick on CLAIM ITEMS and there are a number of 0 cost items you can buy for your character (e.g. Temple Cat, Time Accelerator, Clothing, etc) that you receive for having bought the game.

A small correction, you get those because you're subbed (except the steam-specific gift). Ok, practically it's the same for the first time... :) because you get 1 month sub with the box.

But when that's over, you can't use the Accelerator further, and won't get the following Item of the Month either (the monthly cosmetic gift for subscribers). Also, you can claim those items any time, so it's only an urgent advice for the Time Accelerator claim, since that will expire after the first month (if you don't pay for more months). Accelerator is great for the early part of the game when you need the XP to build the starter decks you like.