Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STEAM LAUNCH!!!!

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

SV has announced that just 5 years after it's launch, Mortal Online is ready for its Steam launch.  They have announced it is planned for an August release along with a new queuing system to help manage the massive influx of new players.  So it seems that one way or another, this 5 year long march is nearing it's end.

Will it succeed?

Will it fail?

Will they finally turn a profit?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Why don't you tell us what you think before we answer your questions...
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Steam will help the MO population. Hope it works out for them.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Being advertised on every gaming site over the last few years and giving it away free has not been able to convince more than 3000 across the entire planet it is worth a sub fee.  Why do they think steam will save them?  They will get a big influx of players initially and then a few months later it will be right back to the miserable numbers it has now.  What then?  What is their plan after that?

At this point most serious MMO players have already heard about MO.  All that is left is the casuals and once they see the quality of MO, they will go running away as fast as they can. 

My prediction: If they go live on steam in August, they will be right back to sub 5000 paying customers by January. 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD