Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asheron's Call : Dark Majesty: ToD Screenshots

DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415
Turbine continues to promote the upcoming expansion pack to the original Asheron's Call with nine new screenshots of Throne of Destiny. We hope you enjoy them:

Thanks to Turbine for sending these along!

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• mastaofmurdamastaofmurda Member Posts: 55

these are some sweet screenshots imageimage

i preordered TOD

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

A new UI?

Too bad they're not starting a new server with the expansion or I might consider playing again (since they banned me ::::02::)

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247

Looks great! Hope I'm back in the mood to play when this comes out :)

Everquest 2 still looks better, but looks aren't everything :)

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

The update looks really good.

• mastaofmurdamastaofmurda Member Posts: 55

they are starting a new server with the expansion.. its not going to be a PK-Only server like darktide though... its gonna be a white world... which is good news for me
  • JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

Were those screenshots taken with the all of the visual options turned up? It's been awhile since I played AC, but the character models look identical to their pre-Dark Majesty counterparts.

Originally posted by mastaofmurda
    they are starting a new server with the expansion.. its not going to be a PK-Only server like darktide though... its gonna be a white world... which is good news for me

Do you happen to have a link to that? I searched their forums trying to find any info on a new server and couldn't.

The AC sites are extremely hard to navigate. They look nice but whoever designs it has no clue on what people are looking for. The menus are crypitc and no where can you just find some screenshots.

Originally posted by Jenuviel
    Were those screenshots taken with the all of the visual options turned up? It's been awhile since I played AC, but the character models look identical to their pre-Dark Majesty counterparts.

They are different but not extremely. They just redid the textures so the characters are still a bit boxy but with more detail. I think most everyone was expecting a lot more when Turbine said the graphics were getting an overhaul.

There is a page somewhere with comparison screenshots but I can't find it, again because the AC site navigation sucks.

• MorriganMorrigan Member Posts: 242

Dawnsong is the new Euro server opening up along with the expansion:

Dawnsong

however, the date in that article was never changed to reflect the new date of release which I am assuming is still July 18th.

One player's great game is another players derisive snort!
    http://www.darthmyr.com for free guild forums

Well good news for the half a dozen people who play in Europe but not for me ::::16:: But really how many people actually play in Europe? I didn't think any MMO was really popular there ::::40::