Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Can I Be Dr. Doom?

Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
I see they added him. Haven't played a super hero game since CoH, but I'm a huge Doom fan. Can I play him for free?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Yes, if you're willing to grind another hero in order to get enough Eternity Splinters to purchase Dr. Doom.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Sassy_Gay_Unicorn
    I see they added him. Haven't played a super hero game since CoH, but I'm a huge Doom fan. Can I play him for free?

There is a list of "starter" heros you can choose from when you start a new account.  From there, you can either grind to get Doom or buy him and just enjoy the game from the get go as your chosen hero.  You could always get lucky and find one of those hero RNG box giveaways they sometimes have on this site and others.  But, I wouldn't hold your breath of getting the hero you want.  After all, it's random.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Every new account gets like 400 (or was it 200?, i think its 400) eternity splinters just by logging in. Every day you get a log in reward, i think the splinters is the second or third day you log in. I dont remember exactly. So that is a big bonus right there to purchase heroes. Heroes cost with eternity splinter is not outrageous (200-400 or so)

Take advantage of that logging reward and get your doom character earlier.

EDIT: even when im not playing the game i try to log in (when i remember) daily to advante the log in rewards since they give more splinters every set amount of days you log in. You can see all the rewards when you log in and which day you can get it.

EDIT2: I bought some heroes with real money because i like the game but i stopped buying with real money and now relying only on eternity splinters. I would pay more if they ported the game to consoles. Brevik already said in an interview he would love to do just that because it makes sense. I have hopes. Thats why im not spending money on the pc version anymore.

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Oof... too bad you didn't sign up when the avengers 2 came out; they were giving away 5 splinters a day up til' this week.
  • Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Thanks for the replies! I'll check it out and if it is reasonably priced just buy the Dr. Doom, not really interested in the other characters.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Originally posted by Sassy_Gay_Unicorn
    Thanks for the replies! I'll check it out and if it is reasonably priced just buy the Dr. Doom, not really interested in the other characters.

Ya, I think the most a hero goes for is like $20.  Usually range from $8-$20.  I'm gonna assume since Doom is new he will probably be the higher end.  Good luck and let us know what you think of Doom.  :-)

• sohaichamsohaicham Member UncommonPosts: 17
    i got the bundle ! with the costume
  • dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184
    well they changed stuff so yu can play doom 4 free now atleast up 2 lvl 10 but it feels abit weird
    since hes the main villain in th game tht hes tryin 2 sabotage his own doings :)
  • LegendaryRarityLegendaryRarity Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I'm not 100% on this as I haven't started a new account since they did the overhaul, but I believe new players can play to level 10 and use their 'uncap' on any hero in the game, barring the current new release. When the next hero launches, the current 'exclusive' one goes into the pool and can be tested and uncapped by new players.

So, if you were really into Kitty Pryde, she should be uncappable and playable to level 10 when Blade comes out. Doom on the other hand should be good to go since he's been out for months.

"Like wine, accounts of valor mellow with age; until Achilles dead 3,000 years stands peerless."