Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is or is not a clone

akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
Ever since World of Warcraft was released people have started using the term "WoW Clone" even though there isnt any game that fits the definition of a "WoW Clone". Yes a lot of games do share some similarities with WoW just like WoW shares similarities with the games that came before it. Does this mean WoW is a clone of Asheron's Call, Everquest, and Ultima Online? No it means that Blizzard took the best parts of these games and incorporated them into WoW. Until now I have believed that there hasnt been any true Clone of a released game and now that I look through the games released I have been proven wrong. An example of a game that has been cloned is this game Minecraft. First it was Trion Worlds with the release of Trove. Now Lego and Warner Brothers have teamed up with their Minecraft Clone titled Lego Worlds. Trove and Lego Worlds are a prime example of 2 games that can be classified as a Clone because every facet of these games is exactly like Minecraft. Another example of a Clone Game is Disney's Infinity which is a clone of Valves game Garry's Mod. Just like with Trove and Lego Worlds every part of Disney's Infinity is exactly like Garry's Mod.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"