Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is the pvp meaningful? economy?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

im looking for a new game, and TSW peaked my interest,

hows is the pvp in it, any pros or cons ro winning/losing?

does the game have any crafting? is it important?

how is the game economy, do people buy and sell things, is there a complex market?

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

If those are your main interests, then maybe TSW is not your game :) and I'm not saying that only because imo there's no meaningful pvp in any rpg's image  But ok, aside with my pve-focused mindset, let's be objective:

"hows is the pvp in it, any pros or cons ro winning/losing?" TSW is a PvE-heavy game (luckily), but it has some pvp too, from ad-hoc brawling to "battleground"-kinda team deathmatch, and there's a persistent, world-pvp (in an instance, luckily). Pro or con of winning / losing... nothing, as far as I know. If you win, you earn a bit more tokens for bartering the stuff. The world pvp gives to the currently dominant faction some minor buffs (a few more % of xp gain for example). Pretty much that's it - again, TSW rather shines in PvE.

"does the game have any crafting? is it important?" not crafting, more like assembling. Default for everyone, has no levels or stuff. It's fairly important, but not necessary at all in the sense you mean.

"how is the game economy, do people buy and sell things, is there a complex market?" since everyone can "craft" anything, AH is mostly for base materials and rare drops or cosmetic items. No such thing as "I just crafted a cool sword and I will sell it". No such thing as "playing the market" either.

As I started, it's maybe not your game :) TSW is not a pvp game, not a "crafting" game and not a "trading" game either. It's a story-focused adventure, with great dungeons, lots of roleplay, great community and parties and a pretty big cosmetic system. Also a huge gear-grind at the end, sadly. It's a really good game, but not for a pvp-focused crafter / trader :)

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

it is story driven PVE focused mmorpg

In mmo's ,  I dislike cutt scenes,storyes  ... etc ... and others SP  features but TSW has something magic ,I love that game !