Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is nobody covering Ark: Survival Evovled?

2»

Comments

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by klash2def
    Originally posted by sketocafe
    I liked how it looked until I saw Dino mounts. It just kind of turned me off on it. It's cool to imagine banding together with some friends with wooden spears and taking down a triceratops so you can all eat. It's less cool when a group of other players cruise by afterwards riding T-Rexes. If you're going to have dinosaurs, make them complete badasses. Don't do anything to trivialize them.

there are dino mounts in wow. 

You think this is the same....how?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Originally posted by Dullahan
    Originally posted by DarLorkar
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    This game looks incredible.  Come June 2nd, I'll 100% be buying this game.  I wish sites would cover it, but you can barely find any information on it.  The most information I've found on it was by following the Devs on Twitter.  I'd love to know more, like the crafting trees and such.  Hopefully after the 2nd there will be tons of information coming out, and I'll be playing it. I hope it's like Rust or Life is Feudal with dinosaurs, that's like my dream game lol.

Because of this maybe?

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. 

I for one do not do EA games. I mean how much more upfront can they be?  Buy a game that they have zero need to do anything else to and you can do absolutely nothing about.

Once they have everyone's cash...no rules or law to make them do anything else. Just such a bad way to do business for the gamers. Really hate that places do this now. As long as places like Steam  get their cut...who cares right?

Might be a good game some day...but who can say? Might be unplayable too and nothing we can do about it.

Problem with that line of thinking is, if no one buys into early access, it probably has no chance of being a good game some day.

I don't buy in early or kickstart many games, but its pretty ludicrous to suggest that its a bad thing.  While its not always the case, usually indie companies trying to make games actually want to make the most quality product possible, because they will make much more money finishing the game than they will from the few early backers in an alpha/beta.  Since its not always the case, its up to the company to do a good job explaining and demonstrating their ideas and capabilities, and for the player to objectively decide whether its worth their time/money to invest.

This broad brush dismissive attitude towards indie games and early access has to stop.  A handful of bad apples and failed kickstarters does not reflect the benefit these platforms have had on the gaming industry.

Sorry but I have bought into several early access games when the concept was still new....one has gone into release and it blew; Lichdom. The others are in perpetual alpha state with no end in site. 7 Days to Die and Planet Explorers are just 2 examples off the top of my head. I'm done with early access.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by Viper482

1. Not an MMO.

2. Early access.

3. Character models/animations look like LOTRO.

1. So what

2. So what

3. Have you ever played LotRO? Cause no it doesn't....at all.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Oh boy another survivalist game...

Definitely sad when an mmo gamer only has mobas, Diablo clones and freaking survivalist games to get excited (or not excited) about.

I think I see a pattern here though. Much cheaper than mmos and somewhat easier to throw together. As much as I bitch about many of these linear quest hub theme parks that had come out until recently. At least they were in the genre I prefer.
  • Alpha_ChinoAlpha_Chino Member UncommonPosts: 36
    So ,  the hype-z games are reaching the peak of their Genre and the traditional mmo's are on the tail end of it's existence.   How sad. 
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Looks great.  To bad I don't own a PS4.  I would definitely play when it came out. 

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I know survival games are all the rage right now but I just cant get into them. When I play a game I want to feel like a hero, not that I should be rewarded because I didnt die. Just seems under whelming. 
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

It is on my steam wishlist and It was suppose to be for sale today but it isn't yet.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by psiic

It is on my steam wishlist and It was suppose to be for sale today but it isn't yet.

Yesterday the Devs said it would be in the after noon time.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

survival and mobas clones everywhere

i miss zombies games....oh wait....

• Alpha_ChinoAlpha_Chino Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Skuall

survival and mobas clones everywhere

i miss zombies games....oh wait....

Yea, cause, you can tame and mount a zombie lol.  Get a clue .

• kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    BECAUSE I WASNT INCLUDED IN ALPHA :(

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I know survival games are all the rage right now but I just cant get into them. When I play a game I want to feel like a hero, not that I should be rewarded because I didnt die. Just seems under whelming. 

Try Die2Nite ( http://www.die2nite.com ). It doesn't reward you for not dying, it rewards you for how you and your group managed to stay alive. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre