Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personally I don't think it's needed in game, but: Vroom-vroom

Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

... and also a mini-dungeon:

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/monthly_development_update_may_2015

(apologies for the vroom, they said it first image)

Seems it will be added next week... we'll see I guess.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Thanks for sharing, Po_gg! I'll be getting myself one of those bad boys. image

I also think it's a good for them to put the first one on the store, as it's something that players have been looking to buy for quite a while.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

A very nice first mount !!

I love my bike!

imageimageimageimage

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Great pics!  That looks like fun.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    When one does not care very much for Funcom one should remain quite.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Thanks for the pics, I'll be getting mine this weekend!

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Out of curiosity, how does it appear on your character?.

I do remember back on release on all forum threads asking for mounts one of the regular comments was asking how would it appear, since several people didn't like the idea of a motorcycle or 4x4 suddenly materializing below your character just like that. Actually one of the things I liked of Age of Conan was how when you got into your mount you had the horse run from off camera to your character, and run away when you dismounted.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Originally posted by L0C0Man

Out of curiosity, how does it appear on your character?.

I do remember back on release on all forum threads asking for mounts one of the regular comments was asking how would it appear, since several people didn't like the idea of a motorcycle or 4x4 suddenly materializing below your character just like that. Actually one of the things I liked of Age of Conan was how when you got into your mount you had the horse run from off camera to your character, and run away when you dismounted.

This is what I want to know too. If it's just the same appear out of thin air design that other mmos use, I'd rather they not even implement it. Either way, I hope they either turn it off in the hubs, or give us a way to turn it off in the options.

<3

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Yep, that's what I ment too with the thread title. It's cool for some roleplay gatherings or cruising through a town... and I like the collection element as well. Not to mention, it looks awesome (I envy the lucky one who won the biker jacket with his/her cabal name on the back)

But as a gameplay element, I don't think it was needed or necessary, I was pretty confident with Sprint IV, that was more than enough for the zone sizes. With Sprint VI, plus the turbo boost, zones will seem too small and cornered. Though it could be a base for some new achievments...

Anyways, it's in there, most likely it will spread in the future for other vehicles and animations, so we'll need to accept it I guess... vroom vroom :)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I dig the new fire sprint more, personally.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

WTB Ak'ab mount.

(Pretty much justifiable lore-wise, too . . .

• Narrative for Darkness War dungeon refers to Mayan invaders as "riding creatures of nightmare"
    • Flavour text for Ak'ab on the TSW website is a quote from "The Festival" which un-describes "tame, trained, hybrid winged things," which in that story are used as mounts.
    • Flavour text for the Hatchling pet from the End of Days event states that some Ak'ab spawned after the Mayan Apocalypse failed to happen as predicted "have found new masters.")
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I'm probably taking this wrong, but I see this as a sign that TSW is doing reasonably well.  They are continuing to support the game.

I self identify as a monkey.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I hope their next one is a sports bike. Maybe they could do some sort of promotional thing with Ducati. This opens the door up for some interesting things. Skateboards, scooters, roller skates... lol.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    I'm probably taking this wrong, but I see this as a sign that TSW is doing reasonably well.  They are continuing to support the game.

TSW has a small but very dedicated community. Which combined with the inflow of new members on a regular basis definitely keeps them afloat.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

Add mounts to the game = possibility to sell a lot of them (different models) for $$$. That's what they're doing truthfully.
  • ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491
    Originally posted by Rawiz

Add mounts to the game = possibility to sell a lot of them (different models) for $$$. That's what they're doing truthfully.

And it is what they should do.