Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two new classes launch today - The Wizard and The Witch

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556

Over on the Korean Servers, two brand new classes launched today "The Wizard" and "The Witch".

The Wizard (Male Version)

This class is a very high range magic user (A glass cannon DD), that can heal and revive other characters, but has very low defence. It uses a staff as it's main weapon, and can cast while on their mount.

You can only create an old man character in the character creation.

The Witch (Female Version)

The Witch is the female version of the Wizard. This class has strong AOE skills with attacks centred around Stun, Knockdown, and Down attack, with the "theme" revolving around elemental control. The Witch can aoe heal and aoe revive, has casting-speed passives, and can self buff. The Witch also has very low defence.

Due to their magic, witches can make themselves look young and beautiful compared to their male counterparts. So in the character creation you can make a young beautiful Witch.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I love the design of both classes. Give us this game!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wizards are OP.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Hah, it's Gandalf! (Except that he's wearing the wrong outfit!)

Looks cool though! And very active!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

To me it seems that Korean games don't know how to create combat. This wizard has some bunny hop jump dodge to deal with the fact there is no CC or tanking, it feels forced and not very interesting.

Instead of addressing the combat, they gave that character a bunny hop instead and called it a day. Very unispiring and overly simplistic combat.

There are plenty of games that allow for more deep and engaging combat than simply bunny hopping out of the mob's range every 4 seconds. You couldn't pay me to even play that game.

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    This game is very impressive. The graphical fidelity, the gameplay, the crafting and gathering aspects, everything is very well designed and fun. Have to check the JP version and see if they added the new classes too. 
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

Seems a bit too much and slow (

And idd the bunny hup, seems like every class need to do it in order to survive. But after playing gw2 I know I need the holy trinity.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

Originally posted by Dragnelus

And idd the bunny hup, seems like every class need to do it in order to survive. But after playing gw2 I know I need the holy trinity.

I have no idea what you are on about. But I will say that the Trinity will never be missed by anyone but you and a couple other....good riddance.

Originally posted by ikcin

Well just a dress up game. But there is nothing funny to do after the character editor, it is only solo grind.

Link to this? I haven't heard anything like this about BD...you know better though right?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust

I have no idea what you are on about. But I will say that the Trinity will never be missed by anyone but you and a couple other....good riddance.

There are many post on these forums of people missing a solid trinity game. Even Bill Murphy can be quoted saying "GW2 taught me how much I love the trinity" If a modern MMO with a solid old school trinity game came out, Tank, CC, Heals came out. I would drop what ever game I was playing to go play it now!!! 

Well just a dress up game. But there is nothing funny to do after the character editor, it is only solo grind.

Link to this? I haven't heard anything like this about BD...you know better though right?

I have been doing a lot of reading this weekend on the game. I have seen more then a few people post that the game is grindy at the moment. Thats not a big deal really as the game is not released and we have no clue what content they will be adding or how they will scale exp at release. Also grind is not a bad thing if the combat is really fun. 

• shohenshohen Member UncommonPosts: 61

I tried out the Japan beta, very good looking game.. Didn't like the gender locking, didn't really like the movement or combat. The questing was a little spirit creature that kept popping up and leading you 10 feet further to kill the next bunch of mobs.. Got bored quick and uninstalled the game.

Hoping Blade and Soul plays better.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Can't wait for this game.  The combat looks like it's out of a movie.
  • FourplayFourplay Member UncommonPosts: 216
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

There are many post on these forums of people missing a solid trinity game. Even Bill Murphy can be quoted saying "GW2 taught me how much I love the trinity" If a modern MMO with a solid old school trinity game came out, Tank, CC, Heals came out. I would drop what ever game I was playing to go play it now!!! 

What do you mean by modern 2016? Because FFXIV is a modern mmo with trinity, are you not playing that?

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

I have been doing a lot of reading this weekend on the game. I have seen more then a few people post that the game is grindy at the moment. Thats not a big deal really as the game is not released and we have no clue what content they will be adding or how they will scale exp at release. Also grind is not a bad thing if the combat is really fun. 

This is right up there with I love WoW and I hate WoW.  Gamers now seem to line up behind I love the trinity and bring it back versus I'm glad it is gone.  Maybe I fit in the middle.  I enjoyed some trinity games but I'm loving the no trinity GW2 model atm.  

• MissAdventureMissAdventure Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Fourplay

What do you mean by modern 2016? Because FFXIV is a modern mmo with trinity, are you not playing that?

ESO has the trinity as well.  There are many examples to choose from.  Some people got sucked into GW2's message about removing the trinity (even though the new Revenant class has a strong healer aspect) and got all wooly-headed thinking, "Well, ANET said it, so it must be written in stone!".  Critical vs non-critical thinkers,;sheep vs the rest of the population.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

To me it seems that Korean games don't know how to create combat. This wizard has some bunny hop jump dodge to deal with the fact there is no CC or tanking, it feels forced and not very interesting.

Instead of addressing the combat, they gave that character a bunny hop instead and called it a day. Very unispiring and overly simplistic combat.

There are plenty of games that allow for more deep and engaging combat than simply bunny hopping out of the mob's range every 4 seconds. You couldn't pay me to even play that game.

What are you talking about?? There's a ton of CC in this game - Knockdown, Grab, Stun, Freeze, Push, etc. (and no way to get out of it like most games so better make sure you're good enough). But it's action combat so you need to give the characters a dodge to get out of the way and avoid attacks. Witch/Wizard also have a teleport forward skill as well. There's more to combat than that as well, it's important to learn how to combo properly as well as learning the damage bonuses for various things such as for attacking a KD'd character/mob, attacking from behind, etc. It's also very fast combat so you need to be able to react quickly. Wizard/Witch and Valkyrie also all have support capabilities (Witch/Wizard more so to the point where you can spec as full support or full dps on those classes) with heals, shields, buffs, and CC (both single target and AoE skills). Not sure what else you expect but it's definitely not simplistic. Honestly the only games that have decent combat are usually Korean IMO.