Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yet ANOTHER quarter of losses posted...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

How long can it go on?  Can they keep losing money year after year with no end?

First quarter (2015-01-01 - 2015-03-31)

• Net sales amounted to 573 151 (700 665) SEK.
  • Profit after financial items amounted to SEK -516,526 (-579,152) SEK.
  • Earnings per share amounted to approximately SEK -0.01 (-0.01) SEK.
  • The equity ratio amounted to approximately 80.4 (91.4)%.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

Since July 2010 they have posted continued loses.  That is 19 consecutive quarters of losing money.  That is almost 5 years.  

Also keep in mind that their loses are close in amount to their revenue.  That means they spent all the money they brought in (as you said, a low amount) and then spent it again.. roughly.   And after 19 consecutive quarters (almost 5 years ) of loss after loss, one has to wonder when it will end.  I believe the CEO comes from a rich family but 5 years would seem to be long enough indulgence.

My guess is that they hold on to try a Hail Mary Steam launch before the end of the year.  

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Since July 2010 they have posted continued loses.  That is 19 consecutive quarters of losing money.  That is almost 5 years.  

The servers run on the tears of Tindrem graveyard victims.  

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well.... I guess i was wrong.... You actually can run a game as a charity... (or some weird tax write-off. )

This have been a good conversation

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It isn't a horrible loss and if he is from a rich family they might just think of it as an expensive hobby. At the same time, does that also include donations? Because I know a lot of people in that community have been donating to them, they have this donation / kickstarter type thing set up on their page for rewards and the ones worth over 1k one of the goals has been sold out so it must have sold at least one. 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    It isn't a horrible loss and if he is from a rich family they might just think of it as an expensive hobby. At the same time, does that also include donations? Because I know a lot of people in that community have been donating to them, they have this donation / kickstarter type thing set up on their page for rewards and the ones worth over 1k one of the goals has been sold out so it must have sold at least one. 

You'd have to check but I believe that due to tax considerations they had to report it as revenue...