Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age Of Wushu questions

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Need somebody to help me out with some questions I have about Age Of Wushu. The new expansion  and new server made me try the game again and this time I am actually enjoying Age Of Wushu. My Begger is having a blast but still confused on a lot of things.

Meridian: Can somebody please explain to me what this is. It seems very important and I don't want to do something with it that will gimp my character.

War Zones: Sometimes when I am traveling the map I try to go in a area and it says its a Guild War going on and I cant enter. Is there a way to look on the map and see this ahead of time instead of me running all they way out to a area only to find out I cant proceed into the area.

Auction House: Is there an auction house or are the town shops the only method of buying and selling. I prefer the shops but would still like to know.

Vagrants: If I understand you start off as a Vagrant which is a neutral and then you have the choice of staying Vagrant or  joining a school. I joined Begger Sect but if I want can I leave Begger Sect and join another school and can I just go back to being a Vagrant and do my own things.

NPC Meter: NPCs have a meter above their heads that have a little face icon in the middle. Can somebody explain what this means.

Prison System: A lot of times I am playing and it says a player just got released from prison. How does the prison system work?

Open PVP: How does open pvp work? I looked at the options next to my avatar that shows different pvp options I can select but I still don't know what it really means.

Blue Areas On Map: Some of the map areas are blue and some are not. What does it mean when an area is blue?

Skills: During the tutorial I was given a set of skills but now after becoming a Begger I have another set of skills. Do I get rid of the old skills I had on my bar and go with my new Begger skills or do I use both.

Faction / School: Whats the difference?

Chi: What is Chi?

At the character select screen it shows:

Power ( Lacking Understanding )

Script ( A Legend Of Scholors )

Scene ( Yanjiing )

What do those mean?

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Mikeha

Need somebody to help me out with some questions I have about Age Of Wushu. The new expansion  and new server made me try the game again and this time I am actually enjoying Age Of Wushu. My Begger is having a blast but still confused on a lot of things.

Meridian: Can somebody please explain to me what this is. It seems very important and I don't want to do something with it that will gimp my character.

Meridians are unlocked as you level school internal skills. Each meridian has a corresponding school and inner.

War Zones: Sometimes when I am traveling the map I try to go in a area and it says its a Guild War going on and I cant enter. Is there a way to look on the map and see this ahead of time instead of me running all they way out to a area only to find out I cant proceed into the area.

Before a war starts there is a server wide announcement of the war and the guilds fighting. Outside of that I do not recall another way.

Auction House: Is there an auction house or are the town shops the only method of buying and selling. I prefer the shops but would still like to know.

The scales icon at the bottom of your screen opens a region/zone wide menu which list all the items being sold in stalls in that zone.

Vagrants: If I understand you start off as a Vagrant which is a neutral and then you have the choice of staying Vagrant or  joining a school. I joined Begger Sect but if I want can I leave Begger Sect and join another school and can I just go back to being a Vagrant and do my own things.

Yes you are able to leave schools. There are several option to do so. I do not remember when or how though. You might want to google "Wushu school betrayal" or incognito.

NPC Meter: NPCs have a meter above their heads that have a little face icon in the middle. Can somebody explain what this means.

If I remember correctly if you kill enough of those npcs you will begin a challenge mode where their boss come and fights you. You can do this 5 times per set of npcs I believe.

Prison System: A lot of times I am playing and it says a player just got released from prison. How does the prison system work?

There is jail, and then there is prison. A player goes to jail for committing enough murders that the guards attack and arrest them. That player will be released when their infamy goes down, pays, or gets broken out by friends. A player goes to prison is when a bounty is placed on someone.  There is no way out until their time is served. The higher the bounty the longer the time. 

Open PVP: How does open pvp work? I looked at the options next to my avatar that shows different pvp options I can select but I still don't know what it really means.

Think of those options like a safety on a gun. In normal mode you will not be able to attack other players, this does not stop them from attacking you though. When you turn on Jianghu mode you can attack anyone. There are option under Jinaghu like not attack friends or alliance members.

Blue Areas On Map: Some of the map areas are blue and some are not. What does it mean when an area is blue?

The blue areas are guild controlled areas. Within those areas the guild controllers can institute martial law. Which allows them to kill w/o gaining infamy.

Skills: During the tutorial I was given a set of skills but now after becoming a Begger I have another set of skills. Do I get rid of the old skills I had on my bar and go with my new Begger skills or do I use both.

Those first skills a very weak. Just beginner skills. Start on you school skills and inner.

Faction / School: Whats the difference?

Schools are just that schools. Factions operate out side the "jurisdiction" of schools.

Chi: What is Chi?

Chi goes towards unlocking you meridians.

At the character select screen it shows:

Power ( Lacking Understanding )

Inner skill level

Script ( A Legend Of Scholors )

Personal story

Scene ( Yanjiing )

The city region you are in.

What do those mean?

You have a lot of learning to do little brother image

Have fun man. Ask a lot of question early and often. To be a new player in Wushu again... good times image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Have fun man. Ask a lot of question early and often. To be a new player in Wushu again... good times image

Thanks a lot. Just joined a Guild and they are helping me out with a lot of info. Now I see why you always spoke so highly of this game.

The interface has changed a bit so some of the options are now located in different places. Also this game looks amazing now with the graphic engine update, night / day cycles and dynamic weather. The combat seems smoother now and not as clunky as it use to be.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Ok, I have some more questions.

Task

I have Storyline, Jianghu Wanderer, Recommended and Mysteries. What do those mean and which are more important?

Also Jianghu has its on categories like Jianghu Business, Everyday Life, School and Jianghu. What do those mean?

Is there a way to see who has task for you instead of having to go from house to house?

Should I do all the task in my starter village first before doing others in the big city?

I see that I have a Daily Experience Task tab. Should I also work on these?

Skills

I was told that I should first get my Internal Skill up to level 20 before doing any other skills. After I get this skill to level 20 should I then start working on my Set Lotus Palm Skills?

When do I get other skill sets? Also when I do get another skill set what happens to the old? It seems like a waste to level up skills when you know another set is coming.

Guild Chasing Count

What is this?

Point Exchange Interface

What is this?

Strength

Mine is First Understanding. Is this my level?

Level Of Professions

Some of the Professions say you have to get level 9 in another before you can take that Professions. Where does it show the level of your professions? My cooking says Cook ( Cooking Novice ) 47/1200. I am seeing a level 1-9 anywhere.