Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 questions

JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

Hey guys, I have just 2 questions that keep me from playing this game (totally on a fence right now):

1. Crafting: I see that SWG is a huge inspiration got this game, and SWG has by far the best crafting in any game I've every played (online or not). I see that TR has an extensive system, but what amazed me in SWG was that there were dozens of every ingredient type, each with a dozen different stats, affecting greatly the end results. From the videos I've seen, I just see simple grading (F to A and then numbers). Is this it? Seems a bit simplistic...

2. PVP control: I dislike PVP, it bores me. Played Archeage and was one of the first to make it to 50 to then discover nothing could be done crafting wise as the Russians controlled all the land and sea trade routes. It was impossible to get anything done. I want to avoid PVP as much as possible and don't want that system to affect my PVE and crafting experience. I've read that in this game there is just a small area in the middle of the conflict zone. Now, asking real players: do you feel that PVP affects you? How?

Thanks a lot for your time and responses :)

Comments

• caine6621caine6621 Member UncommonPosts: 210

I can respond to the crafting....This game is SWG crafting on steroids.  If you enjoyed SWG you will want to play this game no question.  There are so many dimensions to crafting that I would call SWG simplistic compare to TR.

You are talking about the different stats and that TR doesn't have that.  In SWG each ingrediant had multiple stats but each recipe had only say 4 components.  In TR each item has many more components and to make them requires multiple components and those components require multiple different resources which have a grade so it it just multiplies up the chain if you start with good resources.  It is way more in depth

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't

• AudoucetAudoucet Member UncommonPosts: 69
    The second question is interesting to me too. I would love a good sandbox, and I don't really mind PvP but I would love to be able to play with my friends, build something with them, without having to be forced into PvP.