Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small Group Makeup

BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
Myself and two friends are returning after a very long time away and we are wondering about the small group content that is in the game.  Do we need a tank/healer/dps or does it matter?

Comments

• jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I bought the game when it first came out and played on dial up.  I played for a year or so then quit for a few years.  I played again a few months ago for a bit and enjoyed it.  There is a lot of small group content or quest that would definitely benefit at least one other person.  Alot of quests you have to penetrate camps and take out leaders.  It is very tedious and near impossible with some classes solo.  There are also quests where you have to take down elites in tight areas and a bad pull would destroy a solo or duo, but with another person or 2 may be OK.  Unfortunately I can not remember specific areas, but questing / deed grinding is much faster with a group.  I am not sure how long ago that you played, but the game is way different than it was originally.  Crafting is much easier.  No more camping out rare apawns.  I remember running through the one forest looking for a stupid bat for hours back in the day.......
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Do you think we would need a tank and healer combo though or can we just play what we want?
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    It just depends.  I would play what you want.  Most of the time you can get help if you get stuck somewhere.  The main problem I had was several quests are in the same area and are chains.  If people were a tier or 2 ahead of you sometimes it was hard to find people willing to help you catch up..  If you had to pick one I would say a healer would be more important than a tank.
  • BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366
    Thanks ;)
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

The 6 man fellowship content will require a tank and healer, but none of that is mandatory, especially at lower levels.

Keep an eye out for others in-game of a similar level and invite them to a fellowship once you are high enough level for the first 6 man content. Community in this game is excellent, and the ability to use fellowship chat makes it easy to get chummy with others that you group with.

Just have fun and don't be in a rush to cap, lotro is all about the journey. With a bit of luck by the time you are capped you will have a good group to do higher level content with.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe