Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you play on a blue server?

1235»

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Voted:  I will not play Crowfall.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Vorthanion
    What I don't understand is why you hardcore gankers aren't upset with the developers for even offering blue servers?  Is this an example of hardcores depending on casuals to support their games financially?  Now that sounds carebear to me.

Can you link to a FAQ or something about these blue servers?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ShrikeArghastShrikeArghast Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I don't like player loot... it's just too punishing a mechanic in MMORPGs like this, and it actively discourages people from engaging in PvP.
  • scioccosciocco Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by ShrikeArghast
    I don't like player loot... it's just too punishing a mechanic in MMORPGs like this, and it actively discourages people from engaging in PvP.

Gear isn't that important though, most guilds will have people dedicated to crafting and will have stocks full of gear. So when you die, you go get more.

That's what it seems like anyway.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by sciocco

Gear isn't that important though, most guilds will have people dedicated to crafting and will have stocks full of gear. So when you die, you go get more.

sounds like it could be horrible for you if you cant find a good guild. anyway i dont want to worry about gear i want to kill stuff

I had fun once, it was terrible.

Originally posted by hallucigenocide

sounds like it could be horrible for you if you cant find a good guild. anyway i dont want to worry about gear i want to kill stuff

I'm also not 100% sure how pvp looting goes, but different CWs will have different rules, could even include full/partial/no pvp looting.

According to http://crowfallwiki.com/index.php/Universe_Architecture

God's reach is inventory looting only,

Shadow is inventory and some equipment,

Dregs is probably more than Shadow,

and Infected is probably equal to or less than God's reach.

Also, two of same type of CWs could have slightly different rules.

Reminds me of minecraft a bit in that sense, don't carry everything useful on you, have some chests back at your base, etc.

I'm also not 100% sure how pvp looting goes, but different CWs will have different rules, could even include full/partial/no pvp looting.

Reminds me of minecraft a bit in that sense, don't carry everything useful on you, have some chests back at your base, etc.

as long as i dont lose the gear i got on me im fine with losing stuff. but it would suck if you had to go chop wood everytime you lost a fight to make a new axe or beg guildies for new gear.

as long as i dont lose the gear i got on me im fine with losing stuff. but it would suck if you had to go chop wood everytime you lost a fight to make a new axe or beg guildies for new gear.

My impression is that if you stay away from the Dregs CWs, you should be perfectly fine in that sense.

I'll most likely play two or three characters, one in shadow, one in dregs, and if a third, I don't know.

My impression is that if you stay away from the Dregs CWs, you should be perfectly fine in that sense.

I'll most likely play two or three characters, one in shadow, one in dregs, and if a third, I don't know.

atleast there are choices i like that.  just hope there's one i can feel comfortable with because it looks like it may be a really fun game.

atleast there are choices i like that.  just hope there's one i can feel comfortable with because it looks like it may be a really fun game.

Yep, I love choices. Tired of MMOs basically offering PvE and PvP as server types (they aren't good names anyway).

Whereas Crowfall is like

Play some three faction PvP... image

Play some twelve faction PvP... imageimage

Play some guild based PvP... image

Play some FFA PvP... image

• Joster91Joster91 Member CommonPosts: 5

FLYERS SUCK THEY REALLY REALLY SUCK

<3 Sciocco 

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

I never really understood why people prefer full loot PVP instead of general PVP.

I mean when you play on a full loot server what do you do, as everyone else does, you craft crapload of armour and weapons or buy them or let a friend/guild make them and you place them in your bank to be used when you get ganked and looted.

So how is this different from a regular PVP server rules?, Only difference I see is you have to grind more to be able to have full stock of replacement euqipment.

There is no hardcore PVP whatsoever with this.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I thought it was confirmed there is no such thing as blue servers? 
  • mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768

So no PVE server?

What is the color for PVE server?

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• ElElyonElElyon Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by Maurgrim

I never really understood why people prefer full loot PVP instead of general PVP.

I mean when you play on a full loot server what do you do, as everyone else does, you craft crapload of armour and weapons or buy them or let a friend/guild make them and you place them in your bank to be used when you get ganked and looted.

So how is this different from a regular PVP server rules?, Only difference I see is you have to grind more to be able to have full stock of replacement euqipment.

This is a great point, never thought if it like that.

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    Originally posted by Maurgrim

This is assuming stock piling gear is as easy as other games. From my understanding, this won't be the default way to play.

Campaigns are limited in length and resources and as time progresses, things get more challenging. Can't just run the map hitting resource nodes and go back to camp and spam craft from what it sounds like.

Finding resources and then controlling, gathering, transporting, crafting, etc will be time consuming and will split the time/effort of players on top of all the fighting going on.

Also won't be any "banks." If a guild controls a structure which is where you might stash your extras, could be taken.

Then there is gear degrading and whatever else working against players.

Obviously it isn't permadeath type gameplay, but it doesn't seem like it is just spend a few hours/days, get 20 sets of gear in the bank and then rush in blindly without any fear of loss.

But there will be varying rulesets depending on the ring/campaign, so the closer you get to the Dregs, the more it won't be what your are describing.

There have been very few full loot PVP games at least remotely popular, so not sure what you are comparing to, but the few I know of aren't similar to CF.

At the end of the day, gear isn't supposed to be a major deal. More so the control of resources/land and what not. Gear is just a means to an end and it sounds like they want to be a some what entertaining means by making the process of obtaining it a bit more involved. The problem I believe other games have had is just what you described. People have unlimited backups so there is no real loss. I'm assuming this won't be missing from CF, but I'm hoping it isn't exactly the same.