Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possibly the dumbest gameplay I have seen in any MMO.

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

I can not believe how dumb this gameplay is.

For almost 3 minutes, all the character does is turn to the back of the mob.

The isometric viewpoint makes it look like one of those mobile Android games.

Just terrible.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looks to be focusing her attacks on the bosses back to avoid taking damage maybe even do more damage. I don't see anything dumb about it.
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    So in other words it should fit right in with this generation of MMOs. Actually it's an innovative title, because no one has done dynamically static AI to this degree before. Awesome
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Mikeha
    Looks to be focusing her attacks on the bosses back to avoid taking damage maybe even do more damage. I don't see anything dumb about it.

I pity you if you have never experienced anything remotely more challenging than soloing a mob by running around his back.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

That's pretty much it as there seems to be a "back attack bonus" that keeps happening.

I'm not sure exactly what the immunity is. the player is either using an attack that the boss is immune to or the boss is immune to regular attacks.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • monochrome19monochrome19 Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

Just terrible.

Well ... you're entitled to your opinion. I just happen to think your opinion is kinda stupid. What's wrong with combat that actually requires positioning? Are you so used to tab targeting that anything that requires effort/skill scares you? Also, it's third person, also BD has the best graphics of any MMO I've ever seen. I'd probably say the best graphics in the history of MMOs but I havent played every MMO.

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Originally posted by monochrome19

Just terrible.

Are you so used to tab targeting that anything that requires effort/skill is a turnoff?

this requires effort and skill?

what?!

what are you comparing this game against, hello kitty online?

I pity you if you have never experienced anything remotely more challenging than soloing a mob by running around his back.

You are the one that deserves pity for judging a book by its cover. I play an assassin in Aion and he has skills that are designed to be used on a mobs back so I am always trying to attack the mobs back. You cant say something is dumb when you don't even know whats going on.

Just terrible.

Are you so used to tab targeting that anything that requires effort/skill is a turnoff?

what?!

Yes, effort and skill, I know those are foreign concepts to you but try to understand them.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Just terrible.

what?!

Well, this seems to be an "action combat" game. And positioning is important as well as just "getting out of the way".

In Tera you don't want to be in the front of any BAM when it's doing a special attack. Unless of course you are the tank.

Actually, even in dark souls you want to move out of the way/roll out of the way or block and hope you don't recoil so they get a second attack.

Can you point to an "action combat" fantasy game that doesn't require you to roll out of the way, move out of the way or block?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Would it had been better if she was just standing in one spot at the front of the mob? I don't understand what you are looking for. This is about as skilful as you are going to get for a mmo. She is moving around to better kill the boss.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Lol the OP is delusional, seems like he has never played a game that rewards positioning. FFXI monk, Dark Souls, Bloodbourne hell even WoW rogues have bonuses for positioning.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Just terrible.

Well ... you're entitled to your opinion. I just happen to think your opinion is kinda stupid. What's wrong with combat that actually requires positioning? Are you so used to tab targeting that anything that requires effort/skill scares you? Also, it's third person, also BD has the best graphics of any MMO I've ever seen. I'd probably say the best graphics in the history of MMOs but I havent played every MMO.

You fanboy is showing... ^

I've seen mob AI in EQ respond faster than that, did the big guy just eat a barrel of molasses or wha? It was like watching some hyper active kid poke an old blind circus elephant with a stick, I felt sorry for the thing.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

OP just didn't eloquently state why he thinks the combat is bad.  He's not talking about the players attacks so much as the lack of any real interaction by way of the boss.  It just kind of swings at the tank now and then... no big aoe's to avoid etc.... no dragon tails lashing behind....  that sort of thing.

He just needs to learn how to better present his feelings.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Looked like a mechanic to kill that particular boss. It did register back attacks and crits and looked like everything else it was immune to.  Kinda hard to judge by just one boss fight.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    That mp pot spam tho.. If that's all the game is about, potions, I think I am not even looking forward it anymore.

Originally posted by Nilden

Just terrible.

You fanboy is showing... ^

I've seen mob AI in EQ respond faster than that, did the big guy just eat a barrel of molasses or wha? It was like watching some hyper active kid poke an old blind circus elephant with a stick, I felt sorry for the thing.

Your illiteracy is showing.

• MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

Was having trouble seeing much of anything with all the black stuff getting thrown around. Then I started to think about squid people with ink attacks and that was much more interesting.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311

I'm about as indifferent about the game as one could possibly be. I know next to nothing about it. 

But god damn that video made it look awful. That boss hardly reacted to anything. The black shit everywhere was completely unnecessary and distracting. It was just 3 minutes of yawn.

Sure the graphics are pretty ok, but I'm sick and tired of MMORPGs sacrificing everything good about the genre for some shinier pixels. I play FFXIV and sometimes I think about how much could have been added to the game world if they hadn't felt the need to push the graphics to the limit. (seamless zones anyone?)

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by ragz45

OP just didn't eloquently state why he thinks the combat is bad.  He's not talking about the players attacks so much as the lack of any real interaction by way of the boss.  It just kind of swings at the tank now and then... no big aoe's to avoid etc.... no dragon tails lashing behind....  that sort of thing.

Tend to agree, that was a boring fight tbh, i can only imagine it was one of the early boss fights, and hopefully not indicative of the rest of the game, the combat in the fight was far too simplistic, even the 'effects' couldn't hide how limited the fight was, or how limited the Boss AI was.

Does anyone know if the later battles improve much at all or is that a realistic example of a Boss fight in the game? Lazy coding if that is the case tbhimage

• FateFatalityFateFatality Member UncommonPosts: 93

i'm pretty sure game is still in alpha/beta, you judge the Boss AI? or the combat? how about the player it self too, all i can say is if you look at other combat videos the monsters are hard, and AI is still being tweaked , as i notice a issue with the AI but they don't have this issue with normal mods, so its in testing phase , don't hate base on lack off  AI or something on a game that is not finished.

I know for fact the combat is good and fine, also depends on the class, and the player , the boss is a test not complete with all its AI , so don't judge on this video alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwETF2kBks watch this idk how to embed it correctly 

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by ragz45

Tend to agree, that was a boring fight tbh, i can only imagine it was one of the early boss fights, and hopefully not indicative of the rest of the game, the combat in the fight was far too simplistic, even the 'effects' couldn't hide how limited the fight was, or how limited the Boss AI was.

Does anyone know if the later battles improve much at all or is that a realistic example of a Boss fight in the game? Lazy coding if that is the case tbhimage

And that boss isn't early bosses but the boss that drop one of best weapon in this game , as the one who uploaded the clip said.

From the combat , i can see this game try to focus on PVP instead of PVE.

The PVE seem like build for solo like most of new MMORPGs , But for rare drop boss , it bad , indeed .

I used to have hope on new crop of Korea MMORPGs , but it seem like all of them will get to nowhere , all of them try to mix sandbox with theme park .

Early levels quest hub , late levels pure grind then end game instance gear grind . And PVP extra.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

The fight lasted less than 2 minutes.

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Just terrible.

The game doesn't have an isometric viewpoint.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • wildsoul87wildsoul87 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    The boss was a summoned level 50, the toon attacking was a very over geared level 56 tamer an her pet so yeah the fight was short an easy. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    It looks like the person playing had to attack the boss to get a bonus and avoid the immunity from being hit from the front? I'm sure it requires more skill than it looks like because consistantly moving around and aiming attacks and actually hitting them requires a bit of skill, I can't think of many games that don't require skill that involve dodges and rolling like that. Also isometric view? Are you watching the same video? It looks like it's a third person action mmo, it in no way looks like an ARPG like Diablo or POE with an isometric view.