Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5000 signatures for bring back DF1

Subreddit petition

Please, who is interested and really liked Darkfall-1, for me the only true skill game ever played, sign the petition in that subreddit.

If 5000 signatures are achieved, there is a big chance of getting DF1 back and Av continue the development of it instead of the crappy and unwanted Unholy Wars.

This is the change everyone, expecially long term followers, is waiting for, since now AV have a new development team (after Razorwax departure) that is active and listen to the community.

Comments

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Signed it currently liking DF1 better than DF2, minus a few changes they could have done to Dark Fall 1 like improved character models.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

I would go for DF 2010: the original map size of Agon with all the islands and the larger seas; the Mahirrim, Alfar and Dwarves in their original racial statures and models. And include a chance for rare ores in any node.

NO bloodwalling, though. And Funhulks....that was not the kind of sandbox content people really wanted.

There were some controversies over the one universal meta-build. And how can we ever forget the debate over localized banking v. the system we had? And what about travel? Fast travel or not?  

There was a lot of argument about what the original Darkfall should be. I think the proposals for DF 2010 were highly anticipated. There were a lot of things about DF that were wonky, for sure. But that game was far better than what launched as DFUW, from my experience.

EDIT: And I would love to get my wiped character back.

EDIT 2: AND I bought 4 accounts for DFO. Three for me, one for my wife. And two accounts for DFUW. All of my DFO accounts got wiped. I'm not buying another freaking account from Aventurine again. I think I've bought enough.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by d_20

I would go for DF 2010: the original map size of Agon with all the islands and the larger seas; the Mahirrim, Alfar and Dwarves in their original racial statures and models. And include a chance for rare ores in any node.

NO bloodwalling, though. And Funhulks....that was not the kind of sandbox content people really wanted.

There were some controversies over the one universal meta-build. And how can we ever forget the debate over localized banking v. the system we had? And what about travel? Fast travel or not?  

There was a lot of argument about what the original Darkfall should be. I think the proposals for DF 2010 were highly anticipated. There were a lot of things about DF that were wonky, for sure. But that game was far better than what launched as DFUW, from my experience.

If they could find a way to limit skills and make lots of different builds viable, I might be interested.  Without that one big change, can't say I like the idea of bringing back DF1 any more than the current game with classes.

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

What class's?

Are you refering to the schools/abilities or just clueless on whats going on in DF?

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Edit your post quick with this petition. The sub reddit one, they wont give a fuck.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-dfo.html

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Originally posted by Fearmeirl

What class's?

Are you refering to the schools/abilities or just clueless on whats going on in DF?

Okay, you got me.  Darkfall UW clearly doesn't have classes, because they call them schools and that is totally different!  Go play semantics with somebody else.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Dullahan

What class's?

Okay, you got me.  Darkfall UW clearly doesn't have classes, because they call them schools and that is totally different!  Go play semantics with somebody else.

Are you aware that they introduced custom classes a while back? You can pick and choose 8 abilities (from any school) + 1 ultimate.

Originally posted by Holophonist

What class's?

Are you aware that they introduced custom classes a while back? You can pick and choose 8 abilities (from any school) + 1 ultimate.

I was actually not aware of that, but that is still creating a specific build versus Darkfall 1 where you could be everything at once, even in the end where you only had to switch a few items out to to benefit certain abilities.

I guess my biggest problem with Darkfall was always the skill system.  I thought it made much more sense to have a set number of points and to create class trees that you could work down in, but prohibited you from accessing the most powerful abilities as a hybrid.  Its just a common sense approach to a class system, and was a real disappointment in DF1's design.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bring-back-dfo.html

sign the petition guys if you were once in love with the fps player skilled combat that dfo offered

• DrauhkarDrauhkar Member UncommonPosts: 8
    This would be like a dream come true! DFO was my one true game love. I'm not currently subbed to anything, but would sign up for a year, if given the chance.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I signed it simply because I feel like I had a lot more fun in DF1. It isn't like UW is bad or anything just didn't have the same feeling. In this you feel forced into choosing a specific build whereas in DF1 you could carry around so many different things to change your build on the fly. It made pvp interesting. 
  • Sys7emSys7em Member UncommonPosts: 120

Signed!

Never played Unholy Wars but would love to get back into original Darkfall!

• SoaringBarnacleSoaringBarnacle Member UncommonPosts: 34

EIGHT abilities??? WOW!!!!

Damn how are you people able to manage that many abilities??? that asks for incredible micro-management! :O

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by kdchan

Subreddit petition

Please, who is interested and really liked Darkfall-1, for me the only true skill game ever played, sign the petition in that subreddit.

If 5000 signatures are achieved, there is a big chance of getting DF1 back and Av continue the development of it instead of the crappy and unwanted Unholy Wars.

This is the change everyone, expecially long term followers, is waiting for, since now AV have a new development team (after Razorwax departure) that is active and listen to the community.

Good luck with that.  5,000 is what?  Their entire subscription base?  They changed the game because DF1 was terrible.  There are other games out there that are just as bad as DF1, maybe worse.  Go try Mortal Online.  Is it even still around?  Hah

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by SoaringBarnacle

EIGHT abilities??? WOW!!!!

Damn how are you people able to manage that many abilities??? that asks for incredible micro-management! :O

The subtleties of sarcasm seem to elude you. I never indicated that 8 abilities was a large amount, nor did I say that they were hard to manage.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Didn't know that many griefers were literate. :P
  • ParepinParepin Member UncommonPosts: 257

Lets bring back:

1. Mile high bunny hopping that is faster than ships, mounts, and everything else.

2. Mob grind where your required to trap and heal a single NPC to beat on for hours on end.

3. Required macroing because clicking your mouse button hours on end can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.

4. One spec to rule them all.  Everyone had to be the same spec or they were gimp.

5. Really bad graphics and terrible UI.

6. Giant world where everything is 5 times further apart.

Yea, bringing back DFO is a bad idea.  What AV needs to do is finish DFUW instead of listening to these DFO crybabies (which is hurting DFUW).  DFO is dead.  It died for a reason.

Now, here is a list of stuff from DFO that should be added to DFUW:

1.  Enchanting

2. Alfar city

3. DF 2010 Skins

4. A Chaos city or two

5. Trade routes (work in progress already!)

6. Man-o-war ship

7. Bloodcraft and Shadecraft

8. Responsive client (remove nagling)

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by d_20

If they could find a way to limit skills and make lots of different builds viable, I might be interested.  Without that one big change, can't say I like the idea of bringing back DF1 any more than the current game with classes.

The skill issue was one of the things I disliked about DF.  Would be cool to have the game back though.  

• JakobmillerJakobmiller Member RarePosts: 670
    Originally posted by Parepin

Lets bring back:

1. Mile high bunny hopping that is faster than ships, mounts, and everything else.

2. Mob grind where your required to trap and heal a single NPC to beat on for hours on end.

3. Required macroing because clicking your mouse button hours on end can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.

4. One spec to rule them all.  Everyone had to be the same spec or they were gimp.

Yea, bringing back DFO is a bad idea.  What AV needs to do is finish DFUW instead of listening to these DFO crybabies (which is hurting DFUW).  DFO is dead.  It died for a reason.

1.  Enchanting

2. Alfar city

3. DF 2010 Skins

4. A Chaos city or two

6. Man-o-war ship

The thing is that people don't get the same feeling when PvPing in UW as in DFO, including me. The current ability build system does not work to get that feeling back. 

The map was great in DFO and something I personally miss.

The map would not feel large if there were people filling it. Therefor having the old map shouldn't be a problem, as long as there are people playing the game, which is the current issue as well.

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89

Lets bring back:

1.  Enchanting

2. Alfar city

3. DF 2010 Skins

4. A Chaos city or two

6. Man-o-war ship

This. No way I would go back to DFO. I would rather play Mortal Kombat.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Nah,i do acknowledge the effort of such a small team and the idea of free form aiming but the game just lacked in every single aspect of game design.

Not enough of anything,from towns to assets,npc's ,mobs.The combat was even glitched to where you could literally cheat.The combat was too simple,now days players like to build stuff,have homes,pets etc etc.Questing was too small and imo meaningless,the entire game was like a shell of what a game could become.

I played for about 4 days ,i never had the urge to go back and play again ,unless i heard a massive update was done to the game.

imo PVP should NEVER be a focus of a long lasting game,it is a battle idea that is better suited to fps arena games.

a long lasting mmorpg needs lots of systems,assets,quests,towns,npc's ,DF1 was never going to make it with such a small team.Small teams need to stick to making games like we see tons of,2D  side scroller and browser games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Nah,i do acknowledge the effort of such a small team and the idea of free form aiming but the game just lacked in every single aspect of game design.

Not enough of anything,from towns to assets,npc's ,mobs.The combat was even glitched to where you could literally cheat.The combat was too simple,now days players like to build stuff,have homes,pets etc etc.Questing was too small and imo meaningless,the entire game was like a shell of what a game could become.

I played for about 4 days ,i never had the urge to go back and play again ,unless i heard a massive update was done to the game.

imo PVP should NEVER be a focus of a long lasting game,it is a battle idea that is better suited to fps arena games.

a long lasting mmorpg needs lots of systems,assets,quests,towns,npc's ,DF1 was never going to make it with such a small team.Small teams need to stick to making games like we see tons of,2D  side scroller and browser games.

I get what you're saying, but the devs wanted a pvp focus game. That's all. DFO wasnt made for everyone for that reason. But there was still a lot of players who liked it. The world was pretty populated for NA1 so it was a good game for us.

At the start, it was only bad because of all the rampant exploitation, but most of these got fixed near the end.

Lastly, DFO never died. It's the developers who decided to shut it down because they didnt want to split up the community from DFO to DF UW. Most left after the first month in DF UW because it wasnt the same game.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I think many of you need to change your glasses cos it seems they have become discoloured and rose tinted with age!!
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

Lets bring back:

1.  Enchanting

2. Alfar city

3. DF 2010 Skins

4. A Chaos city or two

6. Man-o-war ship

add alignment to that list and you get a +1000 from me (for what it's worth?)... as is?  +900!

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    The first darkfall was better than the 2nd.... mostly because there was no safe zone. Bunny hopping and playing a bit of everything was funner than the 'classes'. It seems that now we can select 8 skills, its almost like the players of Darkfall 2 trying to feel the freedom of doing everything in Darkfall 1.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA