Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenimax should overhaul the repec system

Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

I have had 2 friends join me in eso the major complaint they had was respec they had no clue what abilities  they like or that worked well and kept respecing only to constantly be broke at start of the game.

I also find the game repec unfriendly for starting players it is an all or nothing so in fact your paying to remove skills you also want to keep it got to the point where my friends quit over the repec system they really didn't like it and it sort of broke the game for them, they both bought the imperial upgrade edition.

I also got complaints from many guild members about the respec system at start of game pure stamina builds just don't work well magic builds do as i have tried many pure stamina builds at start due to the fact that block eats HUGE amounts of stamina it causes magic builds to be way more useful due to the fact your have access to 2 resource pools where pure stamina build only has one.

Comments

• mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

Dont wast money on respecing. For the most part you can attain every skill by endgame (300+ skill points ). It is just a question of the upgrade ( that second skill point placed into said skill) that really makes respecing something needed. 

Just go and get  more skillpoints, do quests / find skyshards.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Astro6

I have had 2 friends join me in eso the major complaint they had was respec they had no clue what abilities  they like or that worked well and kept respecing only to constantly be broke at start of the game.

I also find the game repec unfriendly for starting players it is an all or nothing so in fact your paying to remove skills you also want to keep it got to the point where my friends quit over the repec system they really didn't like it and it sort of broke the game for them, they both bought the imperial upgrade edition.

I also got complaints from many guild members about the respec system at start of game pure stamina builds just don't work well magic builds do as i have tried many pure stamina builds at start due to the fact that block eats HUGE amounts of stamina it causes magic builds to be way more useful due to the fact your have access to 2 resource pools where pure stamina build only has one.

there are 2 points of views about respec

1- is a rpg so u may choose wisely (for first timers that sucks) and even then u can pay to respec

2- is a elder scrolls , a game that is all about freedom of skills , builds , sorceres using 2h hammer and plate gear , while im forced to choose btw being free or having gold?

imo , let ppl respec for free until lvl 50 after they hit VET they have to pay...so ppl can change specs while leveling , hell some maybe even can respec to full heal or tank every now and then and thats helps every1

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    If someone quits over how this game handles respec's, they probably didn't like the game very much to begin with.  I, personally, see nothing wrong with it.  Sure, it costs a little bit of gold and it get's more and more expensive as you do it, but I've never really found it an issue.  I would suggest using a character build calculator to map out what you'd like your build to look like near end-game.  Also, if you are putting a point in every single skill you unlock, you are doing it wrong.  I have a pure stamina bow user.  I have ZERO issues with stamina.  Even while dodge rolling and sprinting.  Almost all of my gear is + stamina, stamina cost reduction, stamina regeneration gear.  He's level 36 right now and I don't recall a time where I've ever ran out of stamina.  Not once.  Choose wisely and don't overload on skills you likely aren't going to use.
  • Astro6Astro6 Member UncommonPosts: 247

LoL i got them to try it again now all we get are error 209 spam and multiple crashes good going zenimax well they said they had enough , oh well chances are it MIGHT be fixed next Monday lol.

Yes all 3 of us had the same problems after the patch it is totally unplayable atm.

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939

LoL i got them to try it again now all we get are error 209 spam and multiple crashes good going zenimax well they said they had enough , oh well chances are it MIGHT be fixed next Monday lol.

Yes all 3 of us had the same problems after the patch it is totally unplayable atm.

Just bypass the launcher if you got the patch installed, been saying from day1 they needed a better launcher but the devs in ESO just don't listen to the players. Unless of course it is something that could make them money.

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Originally posted by Brenics

Just bypass the launcher if you got the patch installed, been saying from day1 they needed a better launcher but the devs in ESO just don't listen to the players. Unless of course it is something that could make them money.

I got them to do that but games crashes every few minutes for all 3 of us we all have newest drivers installed and no addons.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Do all 3 of you meet the minimum required specs? Try lower the settings a bit if you arent way above those.

For me I have never actually had a CTD with ESO. Not sure about anyone else though.

Originally posted by SlyLoK

Do all 3 of you meet the minimum required specs? Try lower the settings a bit if you arent way above those.

For me I have never actually had a CTD with ESO. Not sure about anyone else though.

all 3 have  i7 4770 -gtx 770, 8gb ram,2tb hdd i built them in my shop.

I get 146 fps in dungeons odd thing is since last patch it will drop to single digits lag out on medium settings at ping of 42.

Esso is the only game where we have this problem we play WoW at max settings,star wars the old republic at max settings.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

The respec system is...ummm...fine and normal? Not sure what the problem is. Money is abundant in ESO. Enough to respec 3 time from 1-50 3 times without ever really losing money. Cause what is money for again? With the Justice system...can you ever run out of money?

Doesn't matter how many skill points you get from 1-VR14, you may want to respec...so stop saying "you get plenty". You can do it many times and not lose anything. AND learn more about your build in the mean time.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."