Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am sorry but FFXIV: A Realm Reborn should not charge its expansions.

13»

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by tort0429

First and foremost, everyone and I mean EVERYONE is entitled to their opinions.  OP you did nothing wrong by stating your's here.  Please ignore all the ignorant replies to your post.  People chill for crying out loud.

People get pissed off when someone creates a post that just says 'I hate that game" and then replies come in, why why why??  In your case you stated why and people still ignorantly comment on your post.  Then the same people wonder why the MMO society gets a bad rap.  Duhhh, maybe everyone should just calm down with the negative replies.

In short OP, the most fun I had in the game is when I joined a guild (Free Company in FFXIV).   A lot of the things you don't like become minor when you are having fun with friends.  If you are playing solo, then those things you mentioned can be frustrating.

If you want to play solo, I would suggest another game maybe, if you want to give this game another try, then absolutely join an FC, you'll have more fun and more importantly, the main reason to play MMOs in the first place, imho, to make friends.

Hope you have fun in whatever you play.  

No one is "entitled" to anything really, and opinions will always be challenged, especially if others view them as biased, ill-thought out, or unreasonable.

This is a forum, so anyone who registers and abides by the rules, is entitled to express their opinions, unless a moderator deems otherwise.  You're right on your latter points though.  Since the OP is outnumbered in this topic, it would be unreasonable to expect him to counter every single post. lol.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Bascola
    You can max a class in a couple hours.

it took me the first free month and another month to get 1 character to lvl 30ish and nother in the 20s, and they have low level crafting too. Just because you rush the game then claim its boring doesnt mean thats how it works. Rushing is boring, and it makes every game boring.

I play at my own slow pace because nobody is waiting for me at the end. When i reach the end it means i need a new game, so i take my time to en joy the current one as much as i can. Im not subbed to XIV, but the expansion surely will bring me back.

• knightfall98knightfall98 Member UncommonPosts: 64

Sounds like the typical self entitled masses that believe everything should given to them for free, you think the months of work, programming, art, animating should be just handed out? 

fate grinding I can agree with its the fastest and easiest way to level and can be a buzzkill

english dub- really? its like complaining that anime dubs poorly also voice acting isnt easy

forced grouping for story quest I play a dps and never really need to group, you might need better gear to handle it

pve i have had some experience with what your saying so I feel sympathy 

you don't like how the boss mechanics work sounds like you have been fighting titan on ex without much success if you can get the boss "tells" down then you just need to more practice it will take several times.

the raids are no better or worse for the most part, I do hate the randomness of the gear and getting nothing after several tries is frustrating.

uninspiring environments compared to what?

piss  poor money making designs? not sure where you are getting that from but ok

combat animations not big factor for me but a little flare would go along way

agree with the unt system but that is optional

dps que's 100% agree with you there

I have had some bad groups before but its rare more clears than wipes except for a few ex modes

cash shop, its going to be something you see more and more of its going to be impossible to avoid, but its all vanity items instead of easy levels, short cuts and other things that would anger the masses

Pvp..... I got nothing

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

You lost me at 'bad animations'. You kidding me? This game has some of the nicest looking combat animations I've ever seen. Watching my PUG / MNK transition from one attack to the next is almost like watching a ballet, except with a lot more explosions and blood. 

I've yet to see a bad animation in this game. The worst I've seen are merely average. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

it took me the first free month and another month to get 1 character to lvl 30ish and nother in the 20s, and they have low level crafting too. Just because you rush the game then claim its boring doesnt mean thats how it works. Rushing is boring, and it makes every game boring.

I play at my own slow pace because nobody is waiting for me at the end. When i reach the end it means i need a new game, so i take my time to en joy the current one as much as i can. Im not subbed to XIV, but the expansion surely will bring me back.

No one is rushing anything. Do a couple of dungeons and you are 30. The new jobs even start at 30, to make it even more boring and easier.

I pointed out the game is boring because its an endless token grind with hard caps weekly which takes max 2h to reach. So why would i pay $15 a month when i am capped within a couple of hours?

Shitty content is the problem, i can't wait for the next update that brings me RENAMED TOKENS and more ARMOR +1. /sarcasm

The game has ZERO horizontal progression or sidegrade gear. You get 1 set for tokens and one from coil, let's ignore Crystal Tower and WOD because it's always lower level.

Dungeon X in Hard/extreme/ultra/leeroyJenkins mode but plays exactly the same and is still the same grind for tokens. Recycle Bosses and mechanics. Boring!

These are the facts and if you think that's good enough for you then enjoy the game. I am not telling you what to do, i am just saying for me it's not worth the subscription.

Originally posted by Skuall

...how u did the story quest line that was implemented last week if u arent subbed? im sure u have more /played than most , yet here u are saying "its not for me..."  

I will clear the story quest line next free weekend. So far i could always keep up. Not that it is hard or challenging. I have a lot of played time from 1.x and I went into 2.0 with all jobs and crafts maxed. I am a legacy player but i quit because the game goes nowhere and it's not worth the sub.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

What encounter mechanic? Dodge the red circles? The content is boring and all encounters are tank and spank in FFXIV too, the only difference is that you need to memorize the phases, like playing simon says or memory. Really innovative. Takes a good group 1h to learn the phases then content becomes trivial because its EXACTLY THE SAME EVERY TIME DOWN TO THE MILLISECOND.

Dont get me started on spells: KILL IFRIT THE FIRE GOD WITH: >>>> FIRE SPELL SPAM!

Most idiotic thing i have ever seen.

/smh

Glad you brought up red circles, the bread and butter mechanic of FFXIV and something FFXI could never pull off even though it's such a basic thing. I can sit here listing you the hundred different mechanics FFXIV employs in it's fights aside from basic red circles but that'd be absolutely boring. Suffice to say at this point that it says a lot about FFXI that this one basic mechanic was too much for them to implement in almost 14 years so far. Not to mention the red circles are the epitome of anti-tank & spank. You can't spank if you gotta move away from the circle.

I know the truth hurts but there is no reason to be mad.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet

You lost me at 'bad animations'. You kidding me? This game has some of the nicest looking combat animations I've ever seen. Watching my PUG / MNK transition from one attack to the next is almost like watching a ballet, except with a lot more explosions and blood. 

I've yet to see a bad animation in this game. The worst I've seen are merely average. 

2.5 sec GCD gives a lot more room to work with ;)

Originally posted by Hyanmen

What encounter mechanic? Dodge the red circles? The content is boring and all encounters are tank and spank in FFXIV too, the only difference is that you need to memorize the phases, like playing simon says or memory. Really innovative. Takes a good group 1h to learn the phases then content becomes trivial because its EXACTLY THE SAME EVERY TIME DOWN TO THE MILLISECOND.

Dont get me started on spells: KILL IFRIT THE FIRE GOD WITH: >>>> FIRE SPELL SPAM!

/smh

Glad you brought up red circles, the bread and butter mechanic of FFXIV and something FFXI could never pull off even though it's such a basic thing. I can sit here listing you the hundred different mechanics FFXIV employs in it's fights aside from basic red circles but that'd be absolutely boring. Suffice to say at this point that it says a lot about FFXI that this one basic mechanic was too much for them to implement in almost 14 years so far. Not to mention the red circles are the epitome of anti-tank & spank. You can't spank if you gotta move away from the circle.

Why are you comparing it to FFXI, a game with a 15 year old engine that is still better and has more varied content than XIV? Makes no sense to compare them. They are not even in the same League. Maybe when FFXIV comes up with something more original than Dungeons and Fates.

You can't spank if you gotta move away from the circle. You can't be serious, moving every now and then prevents you from tank and spank? I guess we call it "Tank, Spank and Occasionally move" then.

We have different opinions when it comes to content and difficulty. You keep playing your one dimensional tank and spank token grinder with 1 armor set every couple of months. I go play a real MMO.

Let;s just leave it at that.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Hyanmen Originally posted by Bascola What encounter mechanic? Dodge the red circles? The content is boring and all encounters are tank and spank in FFXIV too, the only difference is that you need to memorize the phases, like playing simon says or memory. Really innovative. Takes a good group 1h to learn the phases then content becomes trivial because its EXACTLY THE SAME EVERY TIME DOWN TO THE MILLISECOND. Dont get me started on spells: KILL IFRIT THE FIRE GOD WITH: >>>> FIRE SPELL SPAM! Most idiotic thing i have ever seen. /smh
    Glad you brought up red circles, the bread and butter mechanic of FFXIV and something FFXI could never pull off even though it's such a basic thing. I can sit here listing you the hundred different mechanics FFXIV employs in it's fights aside from basic red circles but that'd be absolutely boring. Suffice to say at this point that it says a lot about FFXI that this one basic mechanic was too much for them to implement in almost 14 years so far. Not to mention the red circles are the epitome of anti-tank & spank. You can't spank if you gotta move away from the circle. I know the truth hurts but there is no reason to be mad.

Why are you comparing it to FFXI, a game with a 15 year old engine that is still better and has more varied content than XIV? Makes no sense to compare them. They are not even in the same League. Maybe when FFXIV comes up with something more original than Dungeons and Fates.

You can't spank if you gotta move away from the circle. You can't be serious, moving every now and then prevents you from tank and spank? I guess we call it "Tank, Spank and Occasionally move" then.

We have different opinions when it comes to content and difficulty. You keep playing your one dimensional tank and spank token grinder with 1 armor set every couple of months. I go play a real MMO.

You're just further proving that you have not done all the content which you claim. I mean at least watch a couple YouTube videos before bs-ing your way through a thread lol
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

/smh

Have to agree with Bascola here. FFXIV is the epitome of grind for tokens gear system. FFXIs renkei system alone trumps anything combat wise XIV could bring. Did you ever co ordinate a Renkei with an ancient magic burst. Name one thing XIV has on that, I can IMO say nothing. XIV can be fun but compared to XI, IMO it s just an average game.

On that note, why the hell shouldn t XIV charge for their expansions?

/smh

So let's get this straight. You ask me why I am comparing FFXIV to FFXI, before doing the same exact thing yourself? Then you say it makes no sense to compare them, followed by yet another comparison by you. Good going.

It is clear you have no clue what you are talking about. I was explicit in saying that, while red circles (which by their very nature are an anti tank & spank mechanic regardless of how you want to spin it) are a bread and butter mechanic in FFXIV (while they are nonexistant in FFXI), doesn't mean they are the only mechanic in the game that prevents from tank and spank, even if it is the most widely utilized throughout the encounters. I even told you that making up a list of even a fraction of the anti tank & spank mechanics in FFXIV after only <2 years of content additions is not a big deal at all.

In comparison it is much harder to find mechanics in FFXI that somehow makes the combat encounters more interesting than mere tank & spank. This is a fact and it seems to be really hard for you to accept. FFXI was complete crap in this regard. Comparing them is indeed like comparing a Fiat 500 to a top of the line Ferrari but if you truly want to get obliterated please go ahead and keep up with this argument of yours. FFXI even has 13 years of content to compare to 2 years of content, but the fact is FFXIV went above and beyond the best combat encounter mechanics FFXI ever had at the time of release. That's how crappy FFXI is. Denial is not a good way of coping with the fact.

All we need to do is take a simple Titan normal mode battle from the level 30's and immediately there is more going on than in most FFXI encounters ever.

Originally posted by Soki123

Have to agree with Bascola here. FFXIV is the epitome of grind for tokens gear system. FFXIs renkei system alone trumps anything combat wise XIV could bring. Did you ever co ordinate a Renkei with an ancient magic burst. Name one thing XIV has on that, I can IMO say nothing. XIV can be fun but compared to XI, IMO it s just an average game.

On that note, why the hell shouldn t XIV charge for their expansions?

Suffice to say there is plenty of organic and inherent synergy between most FFXIV jobs even without tackled-on combat "systems" that in reality became almost completely ignored after only 5 years of service. In FFXIV the two healer jobs coordinate together for maximum efficiency, and the complementary job mechanics make sure that this kind of synergy is actually helpful (if not always a necessity in every fight). The same goes for the tank jobs. They complement each other naturally, something that is an alien concept in FFXI (and to FFXI players too, it seems). This is of course ignoring all the encounter-specific coordination requirements that are myriad.

You don't need separate "Right Now We Are Cooperating With One Another, Let Me Highlight That Fact For You Incase You Haven't Noticed"-systems to make cooperation between players possible. In fact creating organic and natural cooperation through job mechanics is a much better way of making it happen.

In FFXI having a voip was never a necessity, in fact having done all of the content in that game there was never a single point at which I thought I needed to have access to such feature. In FFXIV the combat requirements are so much higher not having one beyond the casual content really keeps you from performing effectively enough. How weird for a game where coordination is nonexistent.

Originally posted by drivendawn

I would also like to add that, while XIV's mechanics are more complicated, all that was involved in playing a job, and playing it well, in XI was far more in depth!

I'll give it to FFXI that it was indeed a monumental task to keep going through the bloated skill/spell lists to cast one of the five spells that were actually useful. Of course FFXI players consider bloated skill list a good thing, like having six elemental spells with four tiers that do the same exact thing, with the only challenge being choosing the right element (99% of the time Thunder btw) for the right encounter.

So in essence you had bloated spell lists along with "depth" consisting of having to remember a million little details (like which element to use, which weapon skill makes the correct skillchain with X job) that, once you remembered them, didn't need any thought or actual skill to be used. As long as you could memorize the details like you memorized your history books in school, you were good to go. I always connect memorizing my history books with true challenge of my skills.

Not ignoring the fact the dev team made the hardest monsters (AV, PW) hard by making the fights last 24 hours or the equivalent. When the devs have to go to such lengths to make an encounter hard it really highlights the fact the game was simply struggling to implement truly hard game mechanics that weren't about locking the players out of trying the fights for weeks at a time or having to coordinate a body of 50 people at once to do the simplest tasks. Needless to say FFXIV will never have to go to such lengths to make the encounters hard, a fact which speaks volumes of both FFXI and FFXIV. A fun fact: the guy who designed AV and PW is creating some of the hardest encounters in FFXIV today. I bet he's glad he can actually implement challenging mechanics this time.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I hope the OP now sees his opinion doesn't dictate those of everyone else out there.  There is no logical reason why FFXIV shouldn't charge for it's expansions.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Just your standard MMORPG experience and that's the way I like it. I'd pay for an expansion.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• pkpsangriapkpsangria Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

No one is rushing anything. Do a couple of dungeons and you are 30. The new jobs even start at 30, to make it even more boring and easier.

- A couple of dungeons then 30? Impossible. Unless "a couple" in your definition is "dozens".

I pointed out the game is boring because its an endless token grind with hard caps weekly which takes max 2h to reach. So why would i pay $15 a month when i am capped within a couple of hours?

- Please enlighten the rest of FFXIV population then how to cap 450 poetics in less than 2 hours. Again Impossible.

-You claim to be a legacy player but you pay $15 a month. You know that legacy player pays $9.99 right? right?

Shitty content is the problem, i can't wait for the next update that brings me RENAMED TOKENS and more ARMOR +1. /sarcasm

The game has ZERO horizontal progression or sidegrade gear. You get 1 set for tokens and one from coil, let's ignore Crystal Tower and WOD because it's always lower level.

Dungeon X in Hard/extreme/ultra/leeroyJenkins mode but plays exactly the same and is still the same grind for tokens. Recycle Bosses and mechanics. Boring!

These are the facts and if you think that's good enough for you then enjoy the game. I am not telling you what to do, i am just saying for me it's not worth the subscription.

It seems there's a lot of lies here.