Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newest and Most Promising MMORPGs

2»

Comments

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

Originally posted by psibot

I am smoking Unsold ffxi covers ;) hehe
    No serious my opionion and lots of statements in last post are based on an interview of Richard Garriott (Lord British, uo creator) this also said overthings I think to be true like
    e.g
    One of the things we discovered with Ultima Online is that even highly social players actually spend more than half of their time in the game soloing. While it might seem like an unusual thing to want to provide a single-player feel to a massively multiplayer offering, we believe it actually fits in well with activities of most players.
    I think he has the right perspective on those two issues.

I don't -THINK- so... MMORPG = MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE role-playing game. It's not Diablo or any of those hack n' slash, after all, this is the guy that switched to Lineage and babe, Lineage is not a solo'ers game.

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

• loxodromeloxodrome Member Posts: 12

Perhaps a new definition needs to be established for games like WoW and its ilk .. No matter what anyone says, it will NOT be an RPG. You will never see peeps acting out there chars, talking about their latest adventure in charector.. it will not happen. It will akin to something of an RTS i figure, just without the resource managment.. And to be honest the biggest thing lacking in any of the MMORPG's is the RP community, its become watered and boring, to the point of complete breakdown.

I will probably play it however (WoW that is) i have played all of Blizzards other titles and have been amused for at least a couple months with the game play... the content gets tedious however, the same old shizz game in and game out... but then again thats what the system was all about.. a consistant easy to play game.

The mmorpg genre will be flooded crap for the next few years, then by say 2005 we can see what titles weatherd the storms or the fickle players.. And I see WoW taking a big chunk along with EQ2 and possibly City of Heroes. I say city of heroes because you get to build and play a super hero ... and how hte heck doesnt enjoy that  :)

Eve is dead, planet side will die, dragon empires will die, Daoc will die, SWG may survive but I doubt it...Shadowbane dies. But thats my opinion.

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

Yup as far I know Richard Garriott  is currently at NCsoft on mutiple titles since they are planing about 6 titles a year. A very ambitiuos plan i find. hes seems to bee a bit involved in Linage 2 and has some unanouced favoured pet project. which seems to base base on a sort of alternate future reality style.

But what are you tring to tell me ? that one can not work on project does not comply with a personal single or multiple opinions? Now that a nice romatic idea ;) Some days the world would be like that but one has to do compromises.

That remeber me of an nice quote: Ideals are the stars one can navigate in ones life one, can try to reach them but will never touch one.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.