Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - subscriber bonus and flair items

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Sabre testing for subscribers and a new subscriber perk.

"Greetings Subscribers!

We'd like to introduce a new perk to all of our development subscribers; a rotating Free Fly with different ships to try out each month! To kick things off, July's ship will be the Sabre. As a subscriber, you'll have access to fly the Sabre for the entire month of July. We'll announce a new Subscriber Free Fly ship every month, so stay tuned for future updates!"

Have fun
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited July 2016
    I know I'm being a bit more critical of the project at the moment but that new subscriber perk is laughable.

Having a subscription in a game like TSW gets you:
    £9 worth of currency for the in-game shop
    10% store discount
    Accumulating loyalty reward
    7 various account perks

and in Star Citizen you get to borrow a ship for a month.

What happens if you have the ship already? What happens if you're paying a $20 subsciption fee instead of the $10 subscription fee?
    edited July 2016
    I know I'm being a bit more critical of the project at the moment but that new subscriber perk is laughable.

Having a subscription in a game like TSW gets you:
    £9 worth of currency for the in-game shop  --> more in SC
    10% store discount  --> up to 50 % in some cases in SC
    Accumulating loyalty reward  --> same, several versions (especially REC)
    7 various account perks --> at last count its 30 or so items and various perks like the Free Fly

and in Star Citizen you get to borrow a ship for a month. --> incorrect, see links below

What happens if you have the ship already?  --> you get to Free Fly another ship next month
    What happens if you're paying a $20 subsciption fee instead of the $10 subscription fee? --> see links below

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/subscriptions

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq/subscriptions

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15421-July-Subscriber-Flair

July 2016 Subscriber Flair

"This month’s Subscriber Flair is the Ophelia Vine! The Space Plant Collection features exotic plants found throughout the galaxy, from strange and unusual specimen to alien specifies or commonly found greeneries. This glowing vine is the fourth item in our Space Plant series. Similar to how the plant’s fictional namesake drowned in the ancient Earth play Hamlet, the bioluminescent Ophelia vine is submerged regularly by the tide that rises over the brackish sands it grows upon. The plants bright radiance is owing to the high quantity of luciferin it naturally absorbs from the heavy bacteria content found in its homemoon’s oceans."

Have fun

• motanilamotanila Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited July 2016
    Is it true that to get be on the list of  first people to test the new version you need a subscription ?

Have fun
    The first testers are the Avocados ... I mean ... The Evocati Squad. And the only way to get in there is to submit many detailed test reports to the Issue Council. Being a subscriber does not help you there. 

As a subscriber, you get access to the PTU server. Meaning you will be amongst the second group of testers.

The third group of testers are all the backers. They have access to the "Live" Alpha server. 

Have fun

August 2016 Subscriber flair item

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15452-August-Subscriber-Flair

"MISC Reliant ship model. This realistic ship model from Takuetsu Starships, the most trusted name in ship models, is the fourteenth in a collection of Star Citizen’s ships."

as well as

The GAMESCOM 2946 SUBSCRIBER TROPHY

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details

Have fun

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    I've got close to $1,000 invested in this game and its going on over 3yrs now with no reclaimer delivered to hanger. I do see every month new ships cig asks for more money. They defend or Erillion does here I'm getting tried of both. and it looks others are also.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Elsabolts said:
    I've got close to $1,000 invested in this game and its going on over 3yrs now with no reclaimer delivered to hanger. I do see every month new ships cig asks for more money. They defend or Erillion does here I'm getting tried of both. and it looks others are also.
    You have a working loan ship in your hangar as a stand-in for your Reclaimer.

And you might know that the "Reclaimer" is not a ship appearing in Squadron 42. All ships in SQ42 have a higher priority because they have to be finished earlier.

If this is not acceptable for you, you might want to go for a refund. Plenty of "instructions" on how to do that online.

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Elsabolts said:
    Get your money back if you are not happy with the way the game is going. 

September 2016 Subscriber Flair Item

This time its something "unexpected" ;-)

"This month’s subscriber flair is the next piece in the space plant series, Conner’s Beard moss! The Space Plant Collection features exotic plants found throughout the galaxy: from strange and unusual specimens, to alien species, to varietals commonly found in greeneries. This Conner’s Beard moss growing on a rock is the fifth item in our Space Plant series! Though simple looking, Conner’s Beard moss holds the notable distinction of being considered the first plant subspecies to have naturally evolved on a spacestation. Tied intrinsically with its unique place of birth, the bryophyte can only survive in the specific conditions that the aging station’s life support systems created. The sculpture featured in the Ecosphere is a replica of the gift shop souvenir the moss was originally discovered on by a waylaid botanist. "

This might also be a tip of the hat to all the unplanned things growing in our current age space stations e.g.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2728979/Never-mind-alien-life-SEA-PLANKTON-space-Creatures-living-surface-ISS-officials-say.html

After all, the vodka errmm cleaning alcohol  that was send up to Mir in the past was ONLY for cleaning the windows from a green overgrowth. Honest ! Only for that .....   that why it was used only when the station was over the Pacific and outside of direct TV contact ! That is a procedure that requires concentration and patience .. no disturbances. That was also why the smoke detectors had to be taken offline for inspection at the same time. One cannot be too meticulous with smoke detector maintenance on a flight lasting half a year ....

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15562-October-Subscriber-Flair

"This month’s Subscriber Flair is the Mustang Gamma ship model! This realistic ship model from Takuetsu Starships, the most trusted name in ship models, is the fifteenth in a collection of Star Citizen’s ships. "

One can rearrange the ship models in a display case in the hangar as one pleases. Maybe one day we can do interior design like we did in Star Wars Galaxies, which was great fun and an outlet for creativity.

Have fun

November 2016 subscriber deco  item:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15595-November-Subscriber-Flair

"This month’s subscriber flair is the next piece in the space plant series, the Pleurotus Cornusymphonia aka Opera Mushroom! The Space Plant Collection features exotic plants found throughout the galaxy, from strange and unusual specimen to alien specifies or commonly found greeneries. Created by a team of genetic researchers at the University of Rhetor, the opera mushroom is unique in the fungus genus for the various audible tones that it produces. The hollow central chamber of the cap acts as a reverberation chamber amplifying the sounds caused by it’s unique cell structure stretching and compressing as water moves through its mycelium."

Have fun

December  2016 subscriber deco  item:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15629-December-Subscriber-Flair

"This month’s Subscriber Flair is a special edition gold Drake Herald model! This realistic ship model from Takuetsu Starships, the most trusted name in ship models, is the sixteenth in a collection of Star Citizen’s ships. Display your golden Herald with pride, and then collect other models to complete the display."

Have fun

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    An mmo that hasn't been released has managed to get people to pay a subscription fee. That's kind of insane.

Any release date yet for the single player or mmo versions of the game?
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Atlan99 said:
    An mmo that hasn't been released has managed to get people to pay a subscription fee. That's kind of insane.

nope

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Atlan99 said:

Isnt it weird how things change? 

If you went back to 2010 and posted here that a game developer would post a concept of a game, miss every delivery date, go back on promised features, create extravagant offices with $20,000 automatic space doors, $10,000 coffee machines and $1000 lamps and charge a sub fee years before the game actually released AND do it all with players money, they would have laughed in your face, tarred and feathered you and sent you straight to the loony bin.

I'm not sure the world is changing for the better, LOL.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    edited December 2016
    Talonsin said:
    Atlan99 said:

If you went back to 2010 and posted here that a game developer would post a concept of a game, miss every delivery date, go back on promised features, create extravagant offices with $20,000 automatic space doors, $10,000 coffee machines and $1000 lamps and charge a sub fee years before the game actually released AND do it all with players money, they would have laughed in your face, tarred and feathered you and sent you straight to the loony bin.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6590198/

Not 2010, but meh. I don't say the shit to be popular. I say it because it's the truth. YOU PEOPLE AWAKE YET?!?!

Don't give Star Citizen any more money until they give you a product.

this one's fun, too.
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6605438/#Comment_6605438

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Talonsin said:
    Atlan99 said:

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6590198/

Not 2010, but meh. I don't say the shit to be popular. I say it because it's the truth. YOU PEOPLE AWAKE YET?!?!

Don't give Star Citizen any more money until they give you a product.

this one's fun, too.
    http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6605438/#Comment_6605438

Haven't heard that song for awhile.

I remember buying a mix cd that had that song and EMF's Unbelievable.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Christmas Tree for all the Backers! Don't forget to log in to get yours!

January 2017 Subscriber Flair Item

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15672-January-2947-Subscriber-Flair

"This month’s subscriber flair is the next piece in the space plant series, the Altrucia Lacus aka Revenant Tree! The Space Plant Collection features exotic plants found throughout the galaxy, from strange and unusual specimen to alien specifies or commonly found greeneries. This Revenant Tree is the seventh item in our Space Plant series! Contrary to its ominous name, the Revenant is actually a subgenus of the Altrucia tree, an indigenous plant of Terra III known for its thick and colorful leaves. Geoengineers introduced fields of Altrucias to Hyperion in an effort to break up the dust storms. Although the project failed, the Altrucia trees adapted to the perpetual wind patterns, shedding its leaves and thickening the wood in the trunk. Botanists initially believed that the Altrucias had died, but on closer inspection, discovered that they were quite alive and thus, the name was born."

Have fun

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Erillion said:
    Originally posted by sgel

So people are going to be starting the game with whole armadas of ships while other people start with auroras.

When the average spending of people for pledge packages is slightly above 100 bucks (669,769 people with pledge packages,  78.516.390 $ in funds raised, average spending 117 $)  , please explain where you get the idea that people will start the game with whole armadas of ships ?

Have fun

Because it sounds cool to say and piles on a little more hate.

February 2017 Subscriber Flair Item

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15705-February-2947-Subscriber-Flair

"This month’s subscriber flair is the “Tears of Fire” painting. Painter Aaron Fring immortalized the last moments of the Second Tevarin War in his iconic painting “Tears of Fire.” Fring was on Elysium when Warlord Corath’Thal and the remaining members of his Tevarin fleet incinerated themselves in the atmosphere of their homeworld. The original painting was inducted into the UPE Historical Vault for Antiquity in 2633 and now you can own a piece of art history for your home or hangar. Printed on archival paper and with a custom frame, this lithograph perfectly reproduces every nuance of Fring’s original masterpiece."

Have fun

March  2017 Subscriber Flair Item

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15777-March-2947-Subscriber-Flair

"This month’s subscriber flair is the Hitbox Star Marine magazine cover. The release of InterDimension Software’s dynamic shooter Star Marine was met with its fair share of controversy. Hitbox was able to sit down with everyone, from developer to critics to fans, to present a comprehensive picture of this next generation shooter and the hype surrounding its release. This commemorative lithograph of Hitbox’s cover features exclusive art from InterDimension’s lead artist Terry Vill and is printed on museum-quality archive paper with a custom frame, perfect for any enthusiast’s home, office or ship."

Do I detect a hint of insider joke here in this months flair item?  ;-)

Have fun