Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - subscriber bonus and flair items

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

For all the subscribers - the new Jump Point Magazine is out (May 2015, "The Hull Truth")

The true gem in this issue: a behind the scenes article on the Star Citizen Board Game, played by the devs to test the economy system of SC. And it IS a board game ;-)

Besides that there is a long article on the Hull series of ships (with a lot of exclusive artwork), a description of the Oso system, a description of Convalex Shipping ("It is said that if you want to see the farthest corners of the Empire, join the Navy. If you want to see even farther than that, join Covalex shipping.") and a short story ("Brothers in Arms").

Have fun

PS:

In "The Vault" there is also a lot of new exclusive FPS artwork.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

came expecting to see a post about how the game was ready for release

left dissapointed...

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Originally posted by Quazal.A

came expecting to see a post about how the game was ready for release

left dissapointed...

End of 2016 is the official release date (early 2017 more likely). Which is the typical 4-5 year development time for a Triple-A game.

Its not ready for release yet - its in pre Alpha - seperate modules (ship dog-fight, FPS, social, economy, multiplayer ships, Squadron 42 solo campaign etc.) are being tested by the community and/or the Q&A team. There is no feature-complete Alpha version yet for another year or so.

Have fun

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

It's officially Star Citizen Alpha since patch 1.1.1 https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14651-Note-From-The-Chairman-Version-Numbering

Edited to be more polite.

Originally posted by rpmcmurphy

It's not pre-Alpha.

It is officially Star Citizen Alpha since patch 1.1.1 which was released about 5 weeks ago https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14651-Note-From-The-Chairman-Version-Numbering

Roger that. So .. officially its in Alpha.

For me personally an Alpha version is a feature complete Alpha version of the whole game. And we are still far from feature completeness. So IMHO its a pre-Alpha version still.

I would consider it a "First playable".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_development#Alpha

"First playable

The first playable is the game version containing representative gameplay and assets,[149] this is the first version with functional major gameplay elements.[150] It is often based on the prototype created in pre-production.[151] Alpha and first playable are sometimes used to refer to a single milestone, however large projects require first playable before feature complete alpha.[150] First playable occurs 12 to 18 months before code release. It is sometimes referred to as the "Pre-Alpha" stage.[153]

"Alpha

Alpha is the stage when key gameplay functionality is implemented, and assets are partially finished.[153] A game in alpha is feature complete, that is, game is playable and contains all the major features.[154] These features may be further revised based on testing and feedback.[153] Additional small, new features may be added, similarly planned, but unimplemented features may be dropped.[154] Programmers focus mainly on finishing the codebase, rather than implementing additions.[152] Alpha occurs eight to ten months before code release,[153] but this can vary significantly based on the scope of content and assets any given game has."

Have fun

• RollermintRollermint Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by sgel
    Originally posted by Erillion

So people are going to be starting the game with whole armadas of ships while other people start with auroras.

When the average spending of people for pledge packages is slightly above 100 bucks (669,769 people with pledge packages,  78.516.390 $ in funds raised, average spending 117 $)  , please explain where you get the idea that people will start the game with whole armadas of ships ?

Have fun

I don't get it... did you not understand the english behind the statement?

There's people who have spent a ridiculous amount of money and will have whole armadas on launch day... then there's people who will only have an aurora.

What on earth does the average spending have to do with it? Unless you think that ALL people will have a 117$ worth of ships on launch day.... and in that case where's the wormhole entrance to your universe of absolute equality in everything ;)

His english is fine.

Even if there are people who purchased every ship available to him, he still can fly a single ship at a time. Its not ike he can fly a Deathstar on Day 1 and launch 50 squadrons of NPC pilots and gatecamp.

Does it really matter anyway? When I got my driving license and drove my measly Renault Kangoo for the first time on the road, there are ferraris and sudis zooming around. It only makes it even more life-like and immersive, there are always people who starts off on better footing than me. Any MMO i play now will have other players that have a whole bunch of maxed out chars. I made it out fine on most cases, a whle bunch of other people too.

I don't see the issue. If Eve-Online has a place for newcomers with all the mega player empires running around flying dreads and carriers, then it won't be an issue with SC.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by Rollermint
    Originally posted by Erillion

So people are going to be starting the game with whole armadas of ships while other people start with auroras.

When the average spending of people for pledge packages is slightly above 100 bucks (669,769 people with pledge packages,  78.516.390 $ in funds raised, average spending 117 $)  , please explain where you get the idea that people will start the game with whole armadas of ships ?

Have fun

I don't get it... did you not understand the english behind the statement?

There's people who have spent a ridiculous amount of money and will have whole armadas on launch day... then there's people who will only have an aurora.

What on earth does the average spending have to do with it? Unless you think that ALL people will have a 117$ worth of ships on launch day.... and in that case where's the wormhole entrance to your universe of absolute equality in everything ;)

His english is fine.

Even if there are people who purchased every ship available to him, he still can fly a single ship at a time. Its not ike he can fly a Deathstar on Day 1 and launch 50 squadrons of NPC pilots and gatecamp.

Does it really matter anyway? When I got my driving license and drove my measly Renault Kangoo for the first time on the road, there are ferraris and sudis zooming around. It only makes it even more life-like and immersive, there are always people who starts off on better footing than me. Any MMO i play now will have other players that have a whole bunch of maxed out chars. I made it out fine on most cases, a whle bunch of other people too.

I don't see the issue. If Eve-Online has a place for newcomers with all the mega player empires running around flying dreads and carriers, then it won't be an issue with SC.

You're assuming the person has no friends or a guild to back them. That person who buys all the ships can still only fly one but all their buddies can fly the rest and cause some issues.

Yes it does matter. In established games of course there are going to be people with max level characters and decked out in uber gear because they game has been out and released for a while. When SC releases there will be a disparity the second it goes live.

June subscriber flair bonus - the Avenger ship model.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14772-June-Subscriber-Flair

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14827-July-Subscriber-Flair

July Subscriber Flair item.

A display piece of armored plating off a Vanduul Scythe! Following the discovery of X12, a Vanduul carrier-ship found dead in space off Garron, the UEE sold most of the Scythe fleet found onboard.

Hmm, looking forward to find a Vanduul carrier myself ;-) Explorers FTW.

Have fun

To all those that enjoyed to decorate their homes in Star Wars Galaxies and still like it in SWTOR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTmtEe-_y6A

A nice tour of Star Citizen hangar flair items. Have a drink at the bar, look at mementos from long ago and MOST IMPORTANT never forget your TOWEL ! ;-)

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14900-August-Subscriber-Flair

Starfarer model is the new subscriber flair item for hangar decoration.

Got quite a collection already.

Its not a game breaking advantage, but i  like my animated "Ship Combat"  "snowglobe/lava lamp"  too ;-)

Have fun
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14950-September-Subscriber-Flair

Subscribers got the SC version of the Rosetta Stone.

Have fun
    October Subscriber flair item - The Origin 350r Ship Model for your Hangar

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14996-October-Subscriber-Flair

Have fun

November Subscriber Flair - The Skull of an Apex Predator.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15057-November-Subscriber-Flair

"This month the Puglisi Collection is proud to announce the 4th in their line of artifacts; the Kamposi Magnus skull! This skull is a recreation of the most complete Kamposi Magnus skull ever found. An aquatic predator that hunted the ocean depths on Ellis IV, the Kamposi Magnus could grow to up to 12m in size and fed on both plants and animals. Kamposi Magnus are known in academic circles as the “lords of the deep” and are the name the Governors Council of Ellis IV chose when the planet was recognized by the Senate. These large aquatic carnivores lived approximately 500,000 SEY ago and represented the pinnacle of the food chain in their environment. Our recreation artists worked tirelessly with prominent xenobiologists to sculpt an exact replica of this intimidating yet majestic creature."

Have fun

• BrorimBrorim Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Erillion said:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15057-November-Subscriber-Flair

"This month the Puglisi Collection is proud to announce the 4th in their line of artifacts; the Kamposi Magnus skull! This skull is a recreation of the most complete Kamposi Magnus skull ever found. An aquatic predator that hunted the ocean depths on Ellis IV, the Kamposi Magnus could grow to up to 12m in size and fed on both plants and animals. Kamposi Magnus are known in academic circles as the “lords of the deep” and are the name the Governors Council of Ellis IV chose when the planet was recognized by the Senate. These large aquatic carnivores lived approximately 500,000 SEY ago and represented the pinnacle of the food chain in their environment. Our recreation artists worked tirelessly with prominent xenobiologists to sculpt an exact replica of this intimidating yet majestic creature."

Have fun

You're simply keeping this alive in the feed .. Are you paid ?
    So ... here it is .. once again ....

I am a backer of Star Citizen. I like that project and space sims in general.

Whenever possible i post verifyable information (dare i say the word ? ...facts...). Or my personal opinion .. marked as such.

I have one ship - a Constellation. Never had more than that one ship. I do not (and never did) trade SC ships for money or other ships.

I am a SC subscriber and have therefore access to the "Den" forum and "Jump Point" magazine. Being a backer I have access to the official forums.

I am not working in the gaming industry. Neither am I working in the advertising industry. I am not employed by CIG or any of its contractors. And never was. I am not a computer gaming journalist, vblogger or streamer. I am not being paid for anything i write here at mmorpg.com ... not with money, nor with goods (like in game ships). By anybody.

I have used and posted on mmorpg.com for over a decade, about various games, long before Star Citizen was even mentioned anywhere for the first time. This is not an account created to post advertising on these forums. It IS an account used to share my enthusiasm about certain games with others.

Have fun

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Erillion said:

Whenever possible i post verifyable information (dare i say the word ? ...facts...). Or my personal opinion .. marked as such.

I have one ship - a Constellation. Never had more than that one ship. I do not (and never did) trade SC ships for money or other ships.

I am a SC subscriber and have therefore access to the "Den" forum and "Jump Point" magazine. Being a backer I have access to the official forums.

I am not working in the gaming industry. Neither am I working in the advertising industry. I am not employed by CIG or any of its contractors. And never was. I am not a computer gaming journalist, vblogger or streamer. I am not being paid for anything i write here at mmorpg.com ... not with money, nor with goods (like in game ships). By anybody.

I have used and posted on mmorpg.com for over a decade, about various games, long before Star Citizen was even mentioned anywhere for the first time. This is not an account created to post advertising on these forums. It IS an account used to share my enthusiasm about certain games with others.

Have fun

Ignore it, people are just salty that they haven't got and game to be excited about so they've come to shit all over yours ;)
    Herase said:
    Ignore it, people are just salty that they haven't got and game to be excited about so they've come to shit all over yours ;)
    I pity them.

Have fun

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15107-December-Subscriber-Flair

A new decor item for the hangar - the tenth ship model for display.

Have fun

There will be a new "Jump Point Volume II" hardcover print version of the electronic subscriber magazine "Jump Point"  coming in Spring 2016.  If its like Vol I, then this is a 250+ page, big format, full colour paper version.

Have fun
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Your simply not allowed to make more than one post about a game you like, you are only allowed to make multiple posts about a game you hate.  Please try to follow the Forum use rules here at MMORPG.

This is your final warning.

goboygo said:

This is your final warning.

I am doomed ! ;-)

Have fun
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15159-January-Subscriber-Flair

January subscriber flair item - the AV8 Battle Armor Replica.

Have fun

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:
    October Subscriber flair item - The Origin 350r Ship Model for your Hangar

October? Old News?
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Erillion said:

November? Old News?