Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is easier? D:OS or PoE

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531

I am soooo out of touch and out of practice with single-players RPG's.  I'm looking to get back into them with either Divinity: Original Sin or Pillars of Eternity.  Which of these games is easier to play and more forgiving?  

Thanks!

Comments

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Pillars of Eternity is easier.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    What makes it easier?  Combat?  Character development?  Quest detail/difficulty?
  • gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Path of Exile
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Originally posted by gorro187
    Path of Exile

Is this supposed to be ha-ha funny?

• kayidokayido Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Pillar of eternity easy ? Surely you must jest , i think that its not forgiving .   Original sins is far much easier . 
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by Superman0X
    Pillars of Eternity is easier.

Set it to path of the damned difficulty and for fun click Trial of iron and then see if PoE is still easier.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean

I am soooo out of touch and out of practice with single-players RPG's.  I'm looking to get back into them with either Divinity: Original Sin or Pillars of Eternity.  Which of these games is easier to play and more forgiving?  

Thanks!

Obviously it depends on what difficulty level you play them on but overall PoE is easier.  just remember to save often and pause often.

• chucky999chucky999 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Neither is easy, but Divinity Original Sin is the easier of the two.  Divinity Original Sin is turn based combat with action points as opposed to sorta real time combat with pause and lots of micro management. Both have difficulty settings but even easy can be brutal to the inexperienced. And both have lots of reading. Hope this Helps.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Both games have difficulty settings but I found fights in pillars of eternity easier to get into (partially because its similar to older games), better balanced but much harder to play on toughest difficulties. All classes fights in different ways and your success in pillars has a lot to do with positioning. The game also have fairly weak healing so you can't save your squishies by just spamming heals on them.

In d:os the difficulty is about finding which strategy that works, but once you do it works pretty much all the time and on hard fights becomes a war of attrition, the fights don't really change all that much and what works after 5 hours works at the end, with the biggest difference is that they take more time. This is caused by casters and healing being way too powerful.

However, the downside of pillars of eternity is quite a lot of your character build at the start sticks with you for the rest of the game, while divinity is far more forgiving since you can change directions on your characters over time.

Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • ElmberryElmberry Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by MightyUnclean

Thanks!

MightyUnclean, I don't know where you are going with your post. I don't remember how DOS was, as it was such an uninspiring story and gameplay mechanism for me at least. In PoE you can play on easy if you find Hard or Normal hard to tough for you.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

I would say PoE is easier and more forgiving in general, although you can change difficulty setting to make them as easy/hard as you like. In DOS strategy in combat is far deeper and more important, in PoE you can just send your tank it and then blast away (as you crank up the difficulty you have to think a bit more of course).

However, in PoE with a good tank and cipher class equipped with a blunderbuss and a chokepoint (door) you are basically invincible (the cipher has a level 2 spell that paralyses and has an aoe immobilize that is spammable if you have a blunderbuss, and the fighter class can make a super tank). Round out with dps of your choice and then sit back and enjoy the story.