Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 April fools

2»

Comments

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    ANET, you missed the 'cute' mark by about a mile.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

if  this is a serious gripe, and is causing anyone a lot of distress, then the game plays a serious role in their life. Pretend stuff shouldn't play too serious of a role in anyone's life.

That being said, I didn't enjoy it and though I thought it was sorta funny for a little bit, I was ready to move on within an hour.  I'm sure they could have done better if they put more resources to it, but I'm glad they didn't waste much effort with the expansion coming out soon.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• itssantositssantos Member UncommonPosts: 84

Just a heads up, might as well make plans to not play for ONE day next year. I heard April fools is yearly.

Sorry, i cant feel bad for people. GW2 is known for doing this. It is Anet's game not yours ( you just paid for the rights to play) not everything in the world will be to your liking.  Move on, go outside, make your own game, get some bloodborne in.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    LoL cool. I had to check it out. Needed a break from my other game anyway. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by itssantos

Just a heads up, might as well make plans to not play for ONE day next year. I heard April fools is yearly.

Sorry, i cant feel bad for people. GW2 is known for doing this. It is Anet's game not yours ( you just paid for the rights to play) not everything in the world will be to your liking.  Move on, go outside, make your own game, get some bloodborne in.

Bloodborne? I think it would be easier to listen to the airplane sounds than spend $400 on a PS4. How about $44 on Pillars of Eternity and sit back and relaxe with some good old school rpg!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• damond5031damond5031 Member UncommonPosts: 445

If you want to get rid of the sepia (old) look, go to options and turn off  post processing.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    But that's not the point, it's the principle! ^^ :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    But that's not the point, it's the principle! ^^ :)

Yeah, i see that principle a lot

"i can do it BUT i wont do it (and hardcore whine about it) becasue.....reasons"

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Jeez, are people really angry at something that only lasts one single day and which can be disabled in the settings ?

You could not disable the entire effect through the settings.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I found it annoying and funny at the same time. It was funny because they annoyed me on April Fools Day. Overall, I laughed about it cos I have the ability to get with the spirit of things. Respect.

A lot of people on this thread don't realise that we couldn't stop the characters from having their arms out wide all day.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.