Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 April fools

fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

Arena Net brought back the Airplane bug from beta... though they took it to the next level, with a retro look, sounds and effects.

Take a look.

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,052
    The abolsute most annoying crap I have seen. Logged off and will not be logging back in until this idiocy is over.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • MMOVet74MMOVet74 Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Originally posted by Viper482
    The abolsute most annoying crap I have seen. Logged off and will not be logging back in until this idiocy is over.

Agreed. Instead of wasting time with meaningless nonsense,  they should try  fixing all the bugs that crop up whenever they release a new patch. 

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

lol

some took it to another level and unloaded the bobble head factory.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Absolutely cringe-worthy.

Need an option to turn it off.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    you guys must be fun at parties 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    OK, now I gotta login and check this out.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Haha that's awesome!

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by DJJazzy

Hah!, Exactly what I was thinking.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I think it is amusing.  I catch myself making plane sounds along with my character =P
  • DragimDragim Member UncommonPosts: 867

I feel this is relevant.  This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the OP's pictures.

I'm the king of the world! ...or something

I am entitled to my opinions, misspellings, and grammatical errors.

Originally posted by DJJazzy

You must be as well....I mean someone who cannot fathom why someone could possibly disagree with them is a blast.

The joke is funny for about 5 minutes....then I would like to get on with my game please. It is unplayable to me in its current state, I want to play my game. Is that so bad? Such an unfun person who just wants to play a game.

• LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I don't know....

If my hobby was say mountain biking and they brought me out a cute pink tricycle and told me I had to ride that or nothing at all, I'd probably be pissed too.
  • MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Beanpuie

lol

some took it to another level and unloaded the bobble head factory.

Awesome.

But i guess it interupts some "serious business" there ;P

• f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Ludwik
    I don't know....

If my hobby was say mountain biking and they brought me out a cute pink tricycle and told me I had to ride that or nothing at all, I'd probably be pissed too.

I'd probably just do something else for a day and then jump back on my bike the next day after the pink tricycle is gone. If playing a game means that much to you that you can't a day off. You probably need to evaluate your life.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by MMOVet74

Agreed. Instead of wasting time with meaningless nonsense,  they should try  fixing all the bugs that crop up whenever they release a new patch. 

AHH - it is April Fools? It is a little fun in a game that is SUPPOSED to be fun, not work. I think you better step away from the keyboard, Francis, as you are taking things way too serious.

You do know that it looks like the old movie WINGS, the very first  silent movie that won the Academy Award (except the being like little kids playing airplane and that includes the sounds).

It will be gone tomorrow - jeez . I do think you need to stop taking yourself so serious and figure out why you are getting upset over something innocuous. I think you have more problems than you realize.

Originally posted by f0dell54
    I don't know....

I'd probably just do something else for a day and then jump back on my bike the next day after the pink tricycle is gone. If playing a game means that much to you that you can't a day off. You probably need to evaluate your life.

It is the principle of the matter, which some of you seem incapable of comprehending. Forcing this on your player base is a bad move, it should have been able to be enjoyed for 5 minutes then toggled off when it got annoying. Why this is such an irrational thought to some of you is baffling to me.

• geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Agreed.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Can't you guys nag about something with a bit more meaning that lasts longer than 24 hours?

The new pvp rating system is completely messed up for example.

Harbinger of Fools
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    I don't know....

It is the principle of the matter, which some of you seem incapable of comprehending. Forcing this on your player base is a bad move, it should have been able to be enjoyed for 5 minutes then toggled off when it got annoying. Why this is such an irrational thought to some of you is baffling to me.

Calm down and just remove postprocessing from the options.

..Cake..

Originally posted by sgel
    I don't know....

Don't pretend to know the state of my mind as if you are in the room with me. You are simply reading my text, stop assuming. And turning that off does not get rid of the stupid arms being stuck out. And once again....principle. I should not have to mess with settings to get the game playable to me. Forcing 24 hours of this on your playerbase is stupid. If you cannot get that simple point I cannot help you.

/smileyface...so you don't assume further.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

So would it have been acceptable for arenanet to have simply turned off the servers for a day and called it an april fools joke?

The joke is fine but it does need a way to turn it off. A joke forced on another for an extended period of time is not longer a joke. 

All die, so die well.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by sgel
    I don't know....

Don't pretend to know the state of my mind as if you are in the room with me. You are simply reading my text, stop assuming. And turning that off does not get rid of the stupid arms being stuck out. And once again....principle. I should not have to mess with settings to get the game playable to me. Forcing 24 hours of this on your playerbase is stupid. If you cannot get that simple point I cannot help you.

/smileyface...so you don't assume further.

You post angry post after angry post and then preach me when I assume you are angry?

That's not exactly fair now is it.

Anyway, I'll leave you in your day of rage.

..Cake..

• ninjapyninjapy Member UncommonPosts: 39

It is funny for a few minutes. I get the joke. If you want to run around making airplane sounds for a couple hours or what ever time you spend playing, good for you. If you don't then you shouldn't have to be forced into it. Just make it a choice some are saying. I have not played for a while. Guess i need to see it for myself for a laugh, but from what i have seen i wouldn't play like that  very long.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by ninjapy

It is funny for a few minutes. I get the joke. If you want to run around making airplane sounds for a couple hours or what ever time you spend playing, good for you. If you don't then you shouldn't have to be forced into it. Just make it a choice some are saying. I have not played for a while. Guess i need to see it for myself for a laugh, but from what i have seen i wouldn't play like that  very long.

I found last years, so much more annoying than this one. Try the Bobblehead in 1st person camera with camera shake on, that is if you want to be sick over your keyboard :D  .

You want a laugh, go into WvW or EotM and see zergs of planes :D

On the server I am on, they are taking the joke even further in WvW team chat, by calling purple squad, red squad, etc. out for fights. It is pretty funny,

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by ninjapy

I found last years, so much more annoying than this one. Try the Bobblehead in 1st person camera with camera shake on, that is if you want to be sick over your keyboard :D  .

You want a laugh, go into WvW or EotM and see zergs of planes :D

On the server I am on, they are taking the joke even further in WvW team chat, by calling purple squad, red squad, etc. out for fights. It is pretty funny,

We were having air raid chat during our Teq fight. Good times. Yes, I also agree that the bobbleheads were so much more annoying last year.