Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Repopulation

DevilSephDevilSeph Member UncommonPosts: 147

Open world SCi-Fi sandbox $94,028 raised

This is what everybody is crawling for and yet has the smallest funds raised, Crowfall 2 mill ,star citizen 80 mill.

I would buy Repopulation right now but I'm not interested to play an mmo before a server Wipe. I feel sorry about this title they deserve more than  other KIckstarters.

Comments

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by DevilSeph

This is what everybody is crawling for and yet has the smallest funds raised, Crowfall 2 mill ,star citizen 80 mill.

I would buy Repopulation right now but I'm not interested to play an mmo before a server Wipe. I feel sorry about this title they deserve more than  other KIckstarters.

Hmm.... more like "what everybody thought they were crawling for."

I would call it niche, and I feel sorry for it as well.    And I did buy it.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I'll be playing it when it launches. It's their first major game, the other games you mentioned have developers with larger followers and a history with the genre. Repop is going to fill a niche and be fine, don't worry.

• DevilSephDevilSeph Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Hmm.... more like "what everybody thought they were crawling for."

I would call it niche, and I feel sorry for it as well.    And I did buy it.

Are u going to play with it?

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

I think you may be exaggerating how many people are clamoring for this game, It doesn't have a lot of advertising, I doubt that many people even know it exists.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• JC-SmithJC-Smith Member UncommonPosts: 421
    Just a quick note, the numbers on display there are for not total money raised numbers. They reset every time the campaign changes, and reflect on site numbers for that round. Repop has raised over a million dollars.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

I bought it awhile ago, played it steady for a few days but its an obvious alpha/beta build. I logged in a couple weeks ago after a major update and it was still much the same from what I could tell.

Its a 'sand box' so there isnt a lot of direction but what I saw is the direction it does give isnt very good.

Could be interesting though. I just have other games I am playing and since that one is going to get wiped I dont feel the urge to get too far into it.  It might prove ot be a time sinkgame though which some guys may or may not like.

The best thing you can say is they actually have a playable game that people can actually see. And theyre not sending emails to anyone who gave them money looking to sell them something else (in a game that doesnt even exist yet).

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by rodarin

I bought it awhile ago, played it steady for a few days but its an obvious alpha/beta build. I logged in a couple weeks ago after a major update and it was still much the same from what I could tell.

Its a 'sand box' so there isnt a lot of direction but what I saw is the direction it does give isnt very good.

Could be interesting though. I just have other games I am playing and since that one is going to get wiped I dont feel the urge to get too far into it.  It might prove ot be a time sinkgame though which some guys may or may not like.

The best thing you can say is they actually have a playable game that people can actually see. And theyre not sending emails to anyone who gave them money looking to sell them something else (in a game that doesnt even exist yet).

Yes I think I have to agree with the timesink aspect.   And in fact I think it is the same idea that prevents a lot of people from starting in EVE.  Just the notion of how much time you would have to put in, to achieve something is a bit scary.

However some people would say that is the younger generation, instant gratification crowd talking.

I am on the other end of that spectrum however.  This is definitely a younger gen game as you will likely be much older before you accomplish anything! 

I haven't got that much time, sorry! image

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

FYI.......

Raising:

$200,000.00

by February 08, 2014, $200,593.06 Raised

https://www.therepopulation.com/crowdfunding/projects/the-repopulation/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I bought it, but I haven't played it yet since I suspected it'd be very buggy in its current state. Not to mention it'll all be wiped anyway, and my days of spending a lot of times are betas are long gone.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Games has raised close a million dollars or more and had multiple campaigns. Do your research next time...