Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: New Games and Old Tricks

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

This week on Tales from the Neighborhood we’re looking at reviews and overviews for Pillars of Eternity and Crowfall, singing the praises of the current RPG market, and highlighting stories from the LOTRO and WildStar communities that you may have missed.

Read more of Jessica Cook's Tales from the Neighborhood - New Games and Old Tricks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Out of all these, it's WS I'm watching the most. They're moving towards something big, I can taste it. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I really had fun with WS until my freinds and family jumped ship and I followed soon after. The combat is probably the best of any themepark game I have played. Hopefully there is some kind of change made that brings players back, perhaps something like what revived SWTOR.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• LioresLiores ColumnistMember Posts: 3
    Same, Bill! WildStar has been really busy adding new features and content over the past year. I'm already happily subscribed to an MMO at the moment (FFXIV) but if WildStar ever dropped their prices or even (and it hurts me to say this) went free-to-play I would totally go back and work on my house more.

Jessica "Liore" Cook is a longtime MMO blogger, fan, aficionado, and community goodwill ambassador. She hosts the MMO podcast Game On, and writes the weekly column: Tales from the Neighborhood. You can read more at www.lioreblog.com.

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184

I am glad there aren't any MMOs appealing to me atm so I can focus on single player games. Pillars of Eternity is great and came "unfortunately" out of nowhere for me.

Other than that I have Bloodborne which i am better at than I thought I would be, which means I have to revisit Souls1/2 again (since I didn't get far before, but now it seems I got the hang of it).

Add to that games I feel I missed due to too much MMOs, such as the Batman Arkham series, or some Resident Evil and I am busy enough.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• IsariiIsarii Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Gotta agree with you guys on Wildstar. While it's not really in the ballpark for my ideal type of MMO, I think it did a lot of things really well and was a lot of fun to play. I hope a revival is on the way for it, because it deserves another chance.
  • marsmercermarsmercer Member UncommonPosts: 26

Sadly Bill, what you taste is that stale fart cast in the air upon launch--much akin to the farts my gorgeous wife passes after the Cheerios have made the round through her digestive track. Maybe that's why they call it 'release'. 

Love your take always, Bill! Just smile and nod at my curmudgeony side.

• Thunder073Thunder073 Member UncommonPosts: 108
    This wasn't proof read very well...
  • pkudude99pkudude99 Member CommonPosts: 2

The post at Nomadic Gamer was written by guest author "pkudude99" not by Stargrace ;-)

Glad to see someone reads that blog besides me ;-)

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Out of all these, it's WS I'm watching the most. They're moving towards something big, I can taste it. :)

It might just be the Garlic from your dinner coming back to haunt you. 

• roger82roger82 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I played Wildstar at launch and enjoyed it to begin with, but the amount of lag I got from playing in Australia (250-300ms or so) made the combat very very painful, which was unfortunate, because I could see how cool it could be, but it was just so frustrating to dodge out of the way of attacks, only to be hit anyway because of lag.