Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More controversy

CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
Hello,

By now I am sure you are all used to the ongoing controversy in regards to Star Vault and the way they manage their game and playerbase.

Recently however a couple of new things have popped up. Due to the all time low population there are a dwindling amount of people who give a shit any more but still I will post it here for the few who do.

RELICS

For those who do not know the system.. relics are items that provide substantial bonuses to guilds who own them. They drop randomly across the map at random times (Once a mo th normally)and can be captured by a guild and placed inside their reliquary which they must construct.

While outside of a reliquary relics have a end of life time and will vanish if not used.

During last week the guild RPK sieged ELY and attempted to blow up their relic. Before they could get to it ELY deconstructed the reliquary and logged off with it. The Relic timed out and vanished back into the pool.

ELY and ID (Namely Aralis) complained to Henrik who is the games creator that it was unfair. The following day the same Relic dropped from the sky right next to ID who had already built a reliquary to accommodate it. This is in a spot on the map that can only be accessed by ID. (On a side note Aralis is the highest contributer and has contributed 5000 dollars real money to the game)

The community complained as the circumstances showed obvious GM interference and favouritism. All threads regarding it were closed by the SV team and people were told to drop the matter otherwise bans would be dished out.

GM/Councillor payment system

It came to light the Councillors who actually still play the game and are in the ever dwindling population are actually rewarded for their time with in game items. Not just low level material but actually items that would take a LOT of effort to obtain and even super rare books. Controversially it also came to light that councillors had been selling these items for real money.

Councillors admissions

In amongst this some old and existing councillors came forward to highlight the current levels of favouritism and corruption within the GM/councillor team. With a dwindling population the level of councillor and GM'S having a direct impact in situations is becoming more and more apparent.

Comments

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Short version without wall of text to the face.

~ Game still sucks.

the end

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by jdnewell

~ Game still sucks.

the end

^

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by jdnewell

~ Game still sucks.

the end

No actually the tl;dr is:

The GMs are more corrupt than ever before

Harbinger of Fools
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593

Game is good 

Company is fuc.

Community its fine 

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

-Yeah. 

In other news the Sky is blue and water is wet.

OP, you are too late tothe party.Once the antics of SV, Henrik and MO were hilarious and the stuff of legend. Now its just standard shadiness from a dying company trying to please the last of its dying playerbase.

If mmorpg.cpom was smart- They would make a hardbound book of the highlights of this thread in chronological  order. The book would be a best seller. best comedy in years. maybe a major motion picture. Bill could retire with a 20 year old Asian bride and a ferrari.

It would be good times.

The problem is, the pinnacle has been reached long ago- We need more than just GMs cheating and certain members being favored if the fire is to be rekindled. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

-Yeah. 

In other news the Sky is blue and water is wet.

OP, you are too late tothe party.Once the antics of SV, Henrik and MO were hilarious and the stuff of legend. Now its just standard shadiness from a dying company trying to please the last of its dying playerbase.

If mmorpg.cpom was smart- They would make a hardbound book of the highlights of this thread in chronological  order. The book would be a best seller. best comedy in years. maybe a major motion picture. Bill could retire with a 20 year old Asian bride and a ferrari.

It would be good times.

The problem is, the pinnacle has been reached long ago- We need more than just GMs cheating and certain members being favored if the fire is to be rekindled. 

Could not agree more.  Anyone who actually ignored everything from the past 4 or 5 years with this game deserves what they get.

For the rest of us, we can always look back to such classics as "The Volcano ate my patch" with fondness...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    People need to care for there to be a controversy.

The 9 people that still play this game are welcome to diddle themselves in this pile of manure.
  • oldmostaffoldmostaff Member CommonPosts: 18

I wrote a post but it was too long, so deleted + wrote tl;dr ...tho im realizing i should do it again, sorry for wall of text. 

tl;dr 

reward system = introduced a lot of un-needed ogh into game early on, letting people know who were in the gm staff, thus provoking corruption. Was changed via my suggestion to a more balanced/analyzed system, but needed more work(if you look around you could probably find someone's picture account(public) linked in their sig which would lead to a lot of this info) 

gm team = non uniform, resist the internal wiki system I was encouraging. Dont record decisions, and just analyze everything at the given moment(excuse being its too complex of a game). So highly influenced and manipulated by people/events/server/bugs with no real resources to refer back to and try to stay professional.  Each counselor to GM has power to do w/e at anytime( minus some tools). 

lastly, he who cries the loudest gets the most action from the team = how support works.  I call out Henrik, and skaplig the most on this one. Multiple time exploiter, with 100% hard evidence, cried via forum message(dont make me go copy paste it) and said he'd bring people to game to be unbanned. Unbanned shortly after. (thus causing me who volunteered 1,000's of hrs to leave the team...and leak info) Confronted discord, henrik's call  to un-ban him.  

Guess I could answer questions...tho I haven't been there in awhile. Looks like most of it still operates the same way though. 

• CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
    With the ever dwindling population the GM/Councillors are being more concentrated in certain guilds.

It's very easy to see direct influence and action taken from the GM team now and the odd councillors out are being removed.

Basically the new Meta and war is on the Councillor team and has surpassed the game itself. Whoever controls the councillor team controls the game.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by CaptainObvious
    Hello, By now I am sure you are all used to the ongoing controversy in regards to Star Vault and the way they manage their game and playerbase. Recently however a couple of new things have popped up. Due to the all time low population there are a dwindling amount of people who give a shit any more but still I will post it here for the few who do. RELICS For those who do not know the system.. relics are items that provide substantial bonuses to guilds who own them. They drop randomly across the map at random times (Once a mo th normally)and can be captured by a guild and placed inside their reliquary which they must construct. While outside of a reliquary relics have a end of life time and will vanish if not used. During last week the guild RPK sieged ELY and attempted to blow up their relic. Before they could get to it ELY deconstructed the reliquary and logged off with it. The Relic timed out and vanished back into the pool. ELY and ID (Namely Aralis) complained to Henrik who is the games creator that it was unfair. The following day the same Relic dropped from the sky right next to ID who had already built a reliquary to accommodate it. This is in a spot on the map that can only be accessed by ID. (On a side note Aralis is the highest contributer and has contributed 5000 dollars real money to the game) The community complained as the circumstances showed obvious GM interference and favouritism. All threads regarding it were closed by the SV team and people were told to drop the matter otherwise bans would be dished out. GM/Councillor payment system It came to light the Councillors who actually still play the game and are in the ever dwindling population are actually rewarded for their time with in game items. Not just low level material but actually items that would take a LOT of effort to obtain and even super rare books. Controversially it also came to light that councillors had been selling these items for real money. Councillors admissions In amongst this some old and existing councillors came forward to highlight the current levels of favouritism and corruption within the GM/councillor team. With a dwindling population the level of councillor and GM'S having a direct impact in situations is becoming more and more apparent.

So, did the relic drop right next to the reliquary they'd already built, ahead of time? If that's the case, then yeah... seriously shady, on the level of "yeah, we're doing this right in people's faces, and we don't care".

• CaptainObviousCaptainObvious Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Yes it did. In an area that can only be reached by that guild without an extremely lengthy siege.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    With the ever dwindling population the GM/Councillors are being more concentrated in certain guilds.

It's very easy to see direct influence and action taken from the GM team now and the odd councillors out are being removed.

Basically the new Meta and war is on the Councillor team and has surpassed the game itself. Whoever controls the councillor team controls the game.

dont like it then dont play, if you keep playing the game despite stuff like this then you wont find no sympathy here.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by deathshroud

dont like it then dont play, if you keep playing the game despite stuff like this then you wont find no sympathy here.

You tell em Death. =)

Hows it going man. Long time. I dont see you around anymore since the MO subforum is pretty dead but you were always a really reasonable supporter of MO.

If you still play, tell Henrick we need some drama over .

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

You tell em Death. =)

Hows it going man. Long time. I dont see you around anymore since the MO subforum is pretty dead but you were always a really reasonable supporter of MO.

Don't worry.. their "Steam launch" should provide plenty of renewed chuckles...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

You tell em Death. =)

hi :), havent played MO since AQ quit the game, we came back for a month when awakening launched but the games combat had changed for the worst so we left again. I will probably try the game on steam release for a couple of weeks but im not getting my hopes up.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

In Mortal Online, the only thing that matters is how many GMs you have in your guild apparently. 

> This is in a spot on the map that can only be accessed by ID.

Can anyone explain how that can be? 

• IridescentJoeIridescentJoe Member Posts: 89
    another P2W game; another game to watch for drama: Revival; I have the popcorn ready on this one, seems it's gonna be fun
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    This game has been full shit for 5+ years. If you still play it and want to create drama... you're late. Either you quit or keep playing.
  • PluroPluro Member UncommonPosts: 7

There are staff members who are very good for the company, like Herius. But others who are more detrimental than they will ever admit.

Pretty much every guild has a pocket Councilor now, and it becomes increasingly easier to spot them out these days if you use your head, and observe patterns of wealth, house placements and information know.

I would go all day about this shit, but it doesn't benefit me at all.. in so many ways :(.

• NajwalaylahNajwalaylah Member UncommonPosts: 85

Originally posted by Toferio
    In Mortal Online, the only thing that matters is how many GMs you have in your guild apparently. 

> This is in a spot on the map that can only be accessed by ID.

Can anyone explain how that can be? 

The answer in a word is: walls.
    Casilda Tametomo, Priestess of Soldeus | AKA Lepida Aegis-Imperium.com

«Si oblitus fuero usque ad finem omnia opera eorum»

• MeowingtonMeowington Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Hello,

By now I am sure you are all used to the ongoing controversy in regards to Star Vault and the way they manage their game and playerbase.

Recently however a couple of new things have popped up. Due to the all time low population there are a dwindling amount of people who give a shit any more but still I will post it here for the few who do.

RELICS

For those who do not know the system.. relics are items that provide substantial bonuses to guilds who own them. They drop randomly across the map at random times (Once a mo th normally)and can be captured by a guild and placed inside their reliquary which they must construct.

While outside of a reliquary relics have a end of life time and will vanish if not used.

During last week the guild RPK sieged ELY and attempted to blow up their relic. Before they could get to it ELY deconstructed the reliquary and logged off with it. The Relic timed out and vanished back into the pool.

ELY and ID (Namely Aralis) complained to Henrik who is the games creator that it was unfair. The following day the same Relic dropped from the sky right next to ID who had already built a reliquary to accommodate it. This is in a spot on the map that can only be accessed by ID. (On a side note Aralis is the highest contributer and has contributed 5000 dollars real money to the game)

The community complained as the circumstances showed obvious GM interference and favouritism. All threads regarding it were closed by the SV team and people were told to drop the matter otherwise bans would be dished out.

GM/Councillor payment system

It came to light the Councillors who actually still play the game and are in the ever dwindling population are actually rewarded for their time with in game items. Not just low level material but actually items that would take a LOT of effort to obtain and even super rare books. Controversially it also came to light that councillors had been selling these items for real money.

Councillors admissions

In amongst this some old and existing councillors came forward to highlight the current levels of favouritism and corruption within the GM/councillor team. With a dwindling population the level of councillor and GM'S having a direct impact in situations is becoming more and more apparent.

@captainobvious Lol, reading this text was a pleasure.  Nothing else to add.
    I just got perma banned from the game + forums + irc + steam MO forums for writing a bad review about it, where i explain how their gm are abusing their power, and i show some screenshot to it.

http://imgur.com/Qisd9w1

• zenarcade83zenarcade83 Member CommonPosts: 7
    Got banned from those forums a while ago for calling them out on things. Very corrupt GMs and devs
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    vadio123 said:

Game is shit. 

Company is shit.

Community is shit. 

I fixed it for you.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    If I was spending $5000 or more on a game I would expect favoritism!   I don't see any problem there.  You obviously need to spend more money on the game to get the same benefits.  Problem solved.  
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    People seriously haven't figured out who most goldsellers are...? GMs obviously lol.