Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free to play with no cash shop?

nickelsig229nickelsig229 Member UncommonPosts: 27

Am I blind? I haven't seen any thread or mention of a cash shop. Is it so early that they haven't discussed this yet? How do you make a game that has retail price:free, Pay type:free and montly fee:free?

I've spent the morning reading about the game and watching some videos. I'm tempted to support these guys but I wont play f2p games anymore as a personal choice.

Anyone have any info on their expected money system?

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    No idea at this point, I had read somewhere awhile back that is going to be a F2P title.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I am interested to hear the answer to this question as well.
    --------------------------------------------
  • rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188
    From what i know, it will be f2p game with 100% cosmetic shop.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    I get it, April Fools right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Virtual leeches will suck money out of you as you play...
  • JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172

On the release game is going to be free to play - I can't officially tell at this moment if there will be any kind of level restrictions for free to play players but we will be doing our best to keep the game as far from pay 2 win as possible.

As we are very small company (which will expend before officialy releasing, but still we will be quite a small in MMO world) upkeep costs will be comparatively small - compiled with the wages on Poland being a few (dozen) times lower than in USA. We do believe we will be able to keep our game working with mostly only cosmetic item shop.

Selling ingame armors, unique eqipment etc. would be a diseaster and surely will never happen because it would destroy a small company which basics on faithful and great community support.

• Sir_RegSir_Reg Member CommonPosts: 5

I am personally impressed at how this game is able to stay a free to play game. Even at pre-alpha presently you can play with a one time donation of only $10. This to me is staggering considering the costs that must be placed in further developing the game to advance to alpha status. Bravo to you guys at your future advancement with the game to bring us the players a game that is first fun, and secondly conducive  to a community atmosphere with friendships made and victories won ... and lost ... lol sry reality is reality, you win some you loose some. But then that is where good friendships help out a lot ! ! lol

C'ya in game FOO!

• AlamonzoroAlamonzoro Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Its can be through,crowd support is a thing now.

• bartold666bartold666 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Its can be through,crowd support is a thing now.
    That's truth, without a help of our backers we wouldn't be able to reach the current stage. That's we are continuously expanding rewards for our supporters, i.e. last days we've added an artbook to "Count" packet and one of our players is designing history and lore for a new castle.
  • SkillaThrillazSkillaThrillaz Member UncommonPosts: 13
    nice
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Kyleran said:
    I get it, April Fools right?
    crap got me...

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Emulator server of all the great mmo as how free one can get, it cost money to keep the lights on to keep it 100% free not sure what company would take that risk with no income.