Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will this be the sleeper hit of 15?

2»

Comments

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Just another kickstarter with a projected launch date of 2015 that won't launch till 2017...hilarious...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172

Please remember that we'v never got Kickstartered - this release date would be real only than. (I am not sure why it says 2015 in here anyway).

In this year we will surely hit Alpha (with nearly all of the main features) and than end of 2016 could be a date for a polished game.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    edited September 2015
    A hit game? Probably not. More like niche game. It's a "sandbox", low fantasy, PvP-centric game...with much development left to even appeal to it's own niche. Don't get me wrong, for an indie mmo it's shaping up well, but this will never be material for mainstream consumption. The AAA wave that moves from shiney game to shiney game will eat GV and spit it out...On the flipside, there is a gritty component to the game that will ensure a solid playerbase, even with a limitation of two factions. *which i should add will likely be expanded upon.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Imo for only $10 I don't think I care how good it is. You can barely get a decent lunch or a decent game on Steam for 10 bucks.

I don't think the negative comments will deter me from trying at all at that price point. We aren't talking about ArcheAge or SC's $100 or above level of pledges here lol. :p

Will have a look at some stage and form my own opinion.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    edited October 2015

I just don't get the attitude of people on this site. They seem to expect AAA out of low budget indie games and bash them hard when the folks are actually putting efforts into their projects so give em a break.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    ragz45 said:

Kind of curious about the total lack of any major coverage on this title.  Everything I have heard from those actually playing is very positive, the artwork and world looks incredible, and the game systems are pretty progressive.  (Actual seasons that change the landscape?  yes please)

I'm curious why it's getting so little coverage in general.  Are they just not spending a dime on advertising, therefore the little anyone is talking about the game?

You almost lost me at "Everything I have heard from those actually playing is very positive" !?! Even people promoting it, openly or secretly, are not using so bright colors in their business.

Also, "it's getting so little coverage in general" is not true, on the contrary: it is covered quite a lot  here and I'm stumbling upon people promoting it (or just honestly talking about it) quite frequently on other forums, sites and reddits.

It certainly won't be 2015 sleeper hit, it won't even be launched in 2015 as others already explained. In fact 2017 or later seems like reasonable launch assessment, and "sleeper hit" or not depends on your standards. IMO it will, if all goes well, take part of it's niche and that will be it.

W...aaagh?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    By the time it's actually ready, no it won't be a "sleeper." As to "hit," time will tell but I wish them well. They have some good ideas.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    This is one of the MMO's I'm really tracking. I think it will be a sleeper hit. Not on 2015 but 2016-17. The market is starved for realistic medieval sandbox mmo's. At this point I just hope the devs keep up what they've build so far (because it looks excellent) and aim for that 16 - early 17 release date.
  • bartold666bartold666 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Thank you all for good words!

@Params7 ;16 - early 17 is the most probable release date and while we don't aim to become a "WoW killer" or so, we hope that with solid player base Gloria Victis can survive in a flood of clones and survival games. Time will tell, though, but your support drives us to work even harder. :)
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Amazing how far it's come over the past year. 

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    If they fix up the UI for bag space etc and actually change the look of the ui its hard to use on the eyes, and its a little clunky with animations still I would guess they will get more players right away.
  • ber_linber_lin Member UncommonPosts: 37
    This next patch will really help with the user experience, making the game feel more polished as well as allowing people to work together more.

Before the wipe I would hope for a few combst changes,but its gonna be a great patch!