Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained: Live Stream to Showcase Team Effort

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Camelot Unchained team will be starring in a live stream today beginning at approximately 10:00 Eastern / 7:00 Pacific that will show the final preparations for the start of the game's alpha. According to last night's update, it would be an easy matter to delay the commencement of alpha in order to complete the final preparations, but the team feels that that's not an option.

And it’s down to the last 27 hours and we still have a couple of crashing bugs. And what are we going to do? Should we give it up and just delay Alpha? Tomorrow’s Saturday after all and while we’ve worked hard, we are not ready. Well, it certainly would be easier to just say, sorry, we need a little extra time. What did we decide to do? Should we take the easy route?

Easy be damned! We’re going to come into the office tomorrow. We’re going to turn on the cameras and we’re going to Live Stream our efforts to meet our estimated Alpha date. We know we don’t have to do that, it was an estimated date after all and our Backers have been wonderful, but I promised you that our team would always give you our best effort. Sometimes, that means extra work and not just throwing in the towel (or would that be a Luchorpan?) and going home. We might not make it, but we are damn well going to try to meet that estimated date.

It's unclear if, or how much, game play will be featured, but it will be worth the time to check out the City State Entertainment Twitch channel at 10:00 today to find out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I always forget this game exists

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    They aren't pushing the game because it's still over a year away, and they'd prefer no hype till later on. Alpha will be starting  tomorrow "technically"  for all intents and purposes, they have some stuff to announce next week regarding it as well. Some big stuff people aren't expecting. They have not tried to fund their game to an extent they cannot deliver because of the size of the team, which i respect. They only add stretch goals they can guarantee for launch or helps with launch, which again i respect.  Once alpha starts expect to hear more about the game as they open up more tiers for funds. ALPHA tiers are still available for i think 250$ which is a bargain compared to some kickstarter games $500 that's required, and their alpha starts NOW, instead of the summer in that regard. It's shaping up to be a kickass 2016 in pvp mmo's! https://store.camelotunchained.com/ 

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Really like the way these guys operate, it's just refreshing. 
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    the stream is about as exciting as watching paint dry
  • ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    This game really looks amazing.  I just don't have the uninterrupted play time needed for a PvP only MMORPG like this anymore.  I really wish I did.  I hope it does well.  In a few years I'll be kicking all of my kids out of the house and can focus on a game like this a bit more.  :)
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    As almost expected, alpha was delayed. More details about what happened and what is planned (TLDR, most likely a short delay) here - https://www.facebook.com/camelotunchained/posts/850565415010955
     W...aaagh?
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    "Mission Failed"