Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: MAINGEAR Shows Off Monster Gaming Setups at PAX East

BMunchausenBMunchausen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 400

This March 6-8, Boston will once again open its arms to PAX East, and this year PC system integrator MAINGEAR will be on hand to showcase its most drool-worthy PC gaming setups.

Through the Boston Convention Center, the company will show custom gaming PCs including the Epic FORCE SS at Intel’s booth; the Powerful SHIFT, Classic F131 and the brand new living room gaming desktop at PNY’s booth; the SHIFT at Gigabyte’s booth, and the ultra-compact XCUBE at EVGA’s booth.

For more information about MAINGEAR or to salivate over its game systems, check out the official MAINGEAR website.

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    That looks less like a PC and more like the engine of a car.   On my PC I like to see the cables, I like to see the fans, the lights, the fact that it looks like an actual PC.  This thing...ugly.  Power means nothing if it's obnoxiously set up like a car engine.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Originally posted by Siphaed
    That looks less like a PC and more like the engine of a car.   On my PC I like to see the cables, I like to see the fans, the lights, the fact that it looks like an actual PC.  This thing...ugly.  Power means nothing if it's obnoxiously set up like a car engine.

I disagree, that's a high-end water-cooled system and it appears to cover all the bases in a major way. Many would say it looks pretty great. Your "mileage" may vary (see what I did there?)

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

$5,000 this year; $500 via craigslist in a few years.

Buying these insanely high-end rigs is just silly - especially since you can build a rig that will run games etc just as well for under $1000.

• AsianGForceAsianGForce Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Regardless of how I feel about buying a computer over building one I will admit that it's a pretty rig.  I'm not sure its worth the price points though.  If I didn't just build my dream computer I would probably buy it. It's the red....I can't stop looking at the red.
  • GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359

seems they sell premade cases? what's the point of buying the most powerful PCs if almost all developers are gonna ignore it's full potential anyway. how about some investments in games as publisher/producers so you can actually advertise your gear and it's potential right.

i also will never suggest anyone to buy premade PCs.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Gretelda
    seems they sell premade cases? what's the point of buying the most powerful PCs if almost all developers are gonna ignore it's full potential anyway.

And that's where we are now. no real reason to upgrade if all the devs want to make games that target middle range machines.

Concerning the case, How many people are going to look at your pc to justify the price tag?
    Dont get dragged into the marketing, You could have a real "Gaming Pc" in a 90's class white box.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337
     Personally I love my Maingear system I had built two years ago. Best system I've ever owned and I've owned many systems over the past twenty five years, many of them I built myself. I tend to replace systems every 3 to 5 years on average.
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    No need for bells and whistles if it's going to sit under my desk and collect dust everyday while I use it. All I need is a quiet, powerful machine capable of lasting a few years and run games in the upper settings...now talk to me about above desk hardware(keyboard/mouse/monitor/headset) and I'm interested.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Originally posted by Nitth
    seems they sell premade cases? what's the point of buying the most powerful PCs if almost all developers are gonna ignore it's full potential anyway.

And that's where we are now. no real reason to upgrade if all the devs want to make games that target middle range machines.

Concerning the case, How many people are going to look at your pc to justify the price tag?
    Dont get dragged into the marketing, You could have a real "Gaming Pc" in a 90's class white box.

It's a good idea to make games targeting middle range machines since there aren't many people with these monster rigs.

Accessibility is king in the MMO industry

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425

Originally posted by Dauzqul

$5,000 this year; $500 via craigslist in a few years.

Buying these insanely high-end rigs is just silly - especially since you can build a rig that will run games etc just as well for under $1000.

I agree, $1000 builds you a top gaming PC. If you spend a little more you can build a faster and better PC than these overpriced systems since most of the money for these systems go into a completely pointless water cooling and customized parts/paint jobs.

Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Yeah high end gaming setups.

Thats exactly what the MMORPG audience still majorly stuck with archaic garbage like WoW needs. People who can be amazed in 2015 with some antializing option for their clunky 3 polygon butts and trees made of 3 layers of transparent textures. An audience that can be fed with some "we totally are constantly updating our engine" even while the game still looks almost as clunky and tasteless as 10 years before.

So how much did they pay for that ad?

Since only busty babes MMO #2345 and no real MMO would dare to advertise here they have no other option. Got to keep the lights on.

Originally posted by Nitth

For some people having a case modded pc is worth a lot since they will have their 5 minutes of internet fame on their modding forums when they post pictures of their gaming rig. 

If that is worth an additional $1000 or more just for the look is up to everyone to decide for themselves. I rather take that money and make an even more powerful machine or get a $1000 chair to sit comfortably, which in the end will be more value for the money.