Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription options

KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185

I've been thinking lately about different subscription options and had an idea. I've actually thought about this for quite a while now, but decided to write here about it to see others opinions.

Of course the current options seem to be either subscription, typically ~$15 / mo. , f2p w/ purchases or f2p with option to sub (ex. Archeage). 

My only problem with subs is that I can't always get the time to play and would like to be able to know I'm still getting my money's worth.  Enter free to play where you end up with all kinds of complaints about pay 2 win or whatever, this isn't the topic so I'm not going to get into it. What I was thinking was to introduce another option for the Pay to Play that allows a person to pay their 15 bucks, but not be punished with lost time if they can't get logged in for a week. 

If a person pays $15 for a months sub and can only log in a few days a week or even a month, they're not getting the value they've paid for. You could charge a user $15 for 30 days of use and then let them decide when they use them, but then you wouldn't have the recurring income to fund your game. So, what if we had the option to either pay $15 for a month, like it is now, but then also have the option to pay $15 for 10 days to use whenever you please?

The way I see it, 10 days of use for $15 bucks would suit me better than $15 for a month because I can't always log in. The person who used more than 10 days in a months time would still be better off paying for the months use, but I wouldn't lose out on money just because I have other restrictions preventing me from playing.

I wouldn't even mind if these 10 day's of used expired in say 3 months. Sort of a pay as you go plan for mmo gaming.

Thoughts?

Comments

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Originally posted by Kilrain

I've been thinking lately about different subscription options and had an idea. I've actually thought about this for quite a while now, but decided to write here about it to see others opinions.

Of course the current options seem to be either subscription, typically ~$15 / mo. , f2p w/ purchases or f2p with option to sub (ex. Archeage). 

My only problem with subs is that I can't always get the time to play and would like to be able to know I'm still getting my money's worth.  Enter free to play where you end up with all kinds of complaints about pay 2 win or whatever, this isn't the topic so I'm not going to get into it. What I was thinking was to introduce another option for the Pay to Play that allows a person to pay their 15 bucks, but not be punished with lost time if they can't get logged in for a week. 

If a person pays $15 for a months sub and can only log in a few days a week or even a month, they're not getting the value they've paid for. You could charge a user $15 for 30 days of use and then let them decide when they use them, but then you wouldn't have the recurring income to fund your game. So, what if we had the option to either pay $15 for a month, like it is now, but then also have the option to pay $15 for 10 days to use whenever you please?

The way I see it, 10 days of use for $15 bucks would suit me better than $15 for a month because I can't always log in. The person who used more than 10 days in a months time would still be better off paying for the months use, but I wouldn't lose out on money just because I have other restrictions preventing me from playing.

I wouldn't even mind if these 10 day's of used expired in say 3 months. Sort of a pay as you go plan for mmo gaming.

Thoughts?

Can work on a instant base mmo with less server cost less of failing over time and use all the time, I think b2p pretty good so far with a sub option, and small cash shop it's fair so far as long people willy to put down the money for a game.

But anything pay for time, be very hard to pull off as they want people that play little or pay a head of time, so they can market for content and how much going cost them and time. with the Sub money they got from people that don't play at all or ones a blue moon,