Stil mad, Neva Forget

TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember RarePosts: 2,972

I don't know how I ever missed this but watching it again re-kindled my fire. Please, watch, watch and remember, neva forget and neva let it happen again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UXM_BLAQg

while I'm at it, why not toss this in too, reminded me to be mad-er I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8LacnQ1bc

I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
"Basically if a Ninja Turtle used it, or close to it, I like it."

Comments

• Electro057Electro057 Guelph, ONMember UncommonPosts: 667
    You sound like the 2012 Woman in Black, "Never Forgive! Never Forget!" Just don't jump scare me bro.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 859

What happened to our beloved game burned my ass at the time as much as anyone else's.

But really, there are far more important things to be upset about in the world than some MMO mismanagement that happened 

TEN. FREAKING. YEARS. AGO.

jk i typed this between uncontrolled sobs by the light of the burning effigies of everyone involved

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Tierless
    I don't know how I ever missed this but watching it again re-kindled my fire. Please, watch, watch and remember, neva forget and neva let it happen again! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UXM_BLAQg while I'm at it, why not toss this in too, reminded me to be mad-er I guess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8LacnQ1bc

Just enjoy the fact that the publishers of that game fell flat on their faces and sat there with almost empty servers wondering "what did we do wrong?" till the game died of misery. (or someone forgot to reboot the login server looool)

But let's be fair too: I loved the sandbox SWG experience, but even before their epical failure in 2005 -the infamous 99.99% exodus- the game was breaking under bugs, unbalanced professions, lack of new content, blatant lies about new content never released, no GCW and awful customer treatment.

That was SWG too.

Right game, wrong publisher.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    I think MMORPG.COM should close SWG threads. The game is dead already ffs. The original company been sold too, to boot.
  • ReklawReklaw Am.Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by nolf
    What happened to our beloved game burned my ass at the time as much as anyone else's.   But really, there are far more important things to be upset about in the world than some MMO mismanagement that happened  TEN. FREAKING. YEARS. AGO.       jk i typed this between uncontrolled sobs by the light of the burning effigies of everyone involved

It alway's amazes me to see a comment like above. I mean we are on a game forum, we are gamers, we are passionate about our hobby's. Yet for some reason people asume that gamers like OP arn't upset by more important things in the world simply because they typed something on a GAME FORUM that involves GAMES!!

OP: I hear you though I never have been mad or upset, I merly would call it disappointed.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

https://youtu.be/j3TZFZ1fHhA

TBH I am more mad because they had to cancel Star Wars 1313. Now with SW in disney's hand, last hope for mature SW content. I am fully confident they gonna cater to the kids now. 

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 franklin, NYMember UncommonPosts: 1,096
    I don't know how I ever missed this but watching it again re-kindled my fire. Please, watch, watch and remember, neva forget and neva let it happen again! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UXM_BLAQg while I'm at it, why not toss this in too, reminded me to be mad-er I guess https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8LacnQ1bc

I am not sure why that still makes you mad, something good happened from it. People who love the game re made it, and you can still play it, and even though they are a bit slow, it is still better than most mmos, and you dont have to worry about it being shut down.

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    What happened to our beloved game burned my ass at the time as much as anyone else's.   But really, there are far more important things to be upset about in the world than some MMO mismanagement that happened  TEN. FREAKING. YEARS. AGO.       jk i typed this between uncontrolled sobs by the light of the burning effigies of everyone involved

It alway's amazes me to see a comment like above. I mean we are on a game forum, we are gamers, we are passionate about our hobby's. Yet for some reason people asume that gamers like OP arn't upset by more important things in the world simply because they typed something on a GAME FORUM that involves GAMES!!

OP: I hear you though I never have been mad or upset, I merly would call it disappointed.

Clearly you did not read my fine print :p

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• syriinxsyriinx New York, NYMember UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by yaminsux
    I think MMORPG.COM should close SWG threads. The game is dead already ffs. The original company been sold too, to boot.

Both original companies.

The company (most likely) most responsible for both the games unfinished released and the NGE no longer exists as a game developer, being completely gutted by Disney.

People say to never forget, but still go off and place most of the blame on the wrong party.

(not saying SoE is blameless, but they also werent the ones in charge and giving the orders)

• PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 9,026
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by yaminsux

Both original companies.

The company (most likely) most responsible for both the games unfinished released and the NGE no longer exists as a game developer, being completely gutted by Disney.

People say to never forget, but still go off and place most of the blame on the wrong party.

(not saying SoE is blameless, but they also werent the ones in charge and giving the orders)

Sure Torres was also one of the people to blame, but i don't think it can just be limited to LA, how the NGE was implemented was all SOE, even in the face of overwhelming player protest on the test servers, but karma did for SOE in the end, just as it did for LA, after SOE burned the SWG playerbase  i don't think SOE ever returned to profitability, and now that Sony sold off SOE, i think its only a matter of time before whatever assets they have are 'realised', i have little doubt that before long whatever games they have in working order, are sold off to other games publishers. SOE is really lucky they were part of the Sony group tbh, if it had been part of a company like NCSoft i think they would have been canned years agoimage

• syriinxsyriinx New York, NYMember UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Phry Sure Torres was also one of the people to blame, but i don't think it can just be limited to LA, how the NGE was implemented was all SOE, even in the face of overwhelming player protest on the test servers

Sure, SoE developers designed it (both companies felt the need for change), but they were not the ones in charge of making changes like that to the live game.  Those decisions were LA, and if LA wanted to push the NGE live immediately after an xpac despite major player criticism than SoE had no choice in the matter at all.

• doodphacedoodphace Vancouver, BCMember UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by syriinx
    Originally posted by Phry Sure Torres was also one of the people to blame, but i don't think it can just be limited to LA, how the NGE was implemented was all SOE, even in the face of overwhelming player protest on the test servers

Sure, SoE developers designed it (both companies felt the need for change), but they were not the ones in charge of making changes like that to the live game.  Those decisions were LA, and if LA wanted to push the NGE live immediately after an xpac despite major player criticism than SoE had no choice in the matter at all.

Do you have any proof of that? Cuz the last time I checked, SOE was the developer making all of the game design and release decisions, and LA was still only the publisher....I am not saying LA didn't influence development at all, but unless you have some proof that they hold most of the blame like you are implying, you should prob stop saying it....oh, and "its common knowledge by now" doesn't count ;)

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAMember EpicPosts: 7,693

I love his bold red comment.  It certainly is better than saying "how about you guys grow up!".  Because that might get you a warning.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

GAME IS GONE.  

IT'S NEVER COMING BACK.

HASTA LA VISTA, BABY! 

• ChirikitiChirikiti Vancouver, BCMember CommonPosts: 18

Funny, I just crafted some acklay stun batons and went krayt hunting last night. Also ran a mission-buff, not the most exciting but lucrative to be sure.

Today, I think a trip to Dath is in order

Just sayin'.   o_-

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,131
  • rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,845
    Originally posted by Muke
     But let's be fair too: I loved the sandbox SWG experience, but even before their epical failure in 2005 -the infamous 99.99% exodus- the game was breaking under bugs, unbalanced professions, lack of new content, blatant lies about new content never released, no GCW and awful customer treatment. That was SWG too. Right game, wrong publisher.

I think you pretty much covered it here.  Though pre-NGE SWG was a great game in many ways, it was also a bug ridden mess with some already poor game design decisions.  Such as having Jedi in the game in the first place, not to mention the rediculous holo-grind that came with it.  Then the balancing issues that made a majority of the builds people considered Star Warsy obsolete and forced into builds that took the Star Wars feeling away in order to not be one or two shotted in PVP. 

That said, it will be a long time before another game will be able to bring back those feelings from the first time I took part in an Anchorhead raid with other Imps as we destroyed other player Rebel scum or when I chased another Rebel scum player into a starport with my 2 Stormtrooper pets that I earned with Imp faction points.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• thinktank001thinktank001 oasisMember UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by rodingo

I think you pretty much covered it here.  Though pre-NGE SWG was a great game in many ways, it was also a bug ridden mess with some already poor game design decisions.  Such as having Jedi in the game in the first place, not to mention the rediculous holo-grind that came with it. 

The holo-grind was never part of the original design for Jedis.  It was originally random set of skills for every character. 

• glim3merglim3mer laval, QCMember UncommonPosts: 154
    The only thing that pisses me off when thinking about it, is its 2015 and we don't have a decent Star Wars MMO to play. One of the biggest IPs  out there and we have no decent game for it. The way I see it, if Star Wars IP cant hit a home run with an MMO, nothing else has a chance. Pretty much explains the long list of shit MMO's out there.
  • WightyWighty Westbury, NYMember UncommonPosts: 699

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• ReklawReklaw Am.Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by waynejr2

I love his bold red comment.  It certainly is better than saying "how about you guys grow up!".  Because that might get you a warning.

Funny how small minded some people thoughts are. But that's okay as some like to show that over and over again.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisMember RarePosts: 3,301

I don't know how I ever missed this but watching it again re-kindled my fire. Please, watch, watch and remember, neva forget and neva let it happen again!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UXM_BLAQgwhile I'm at it, why not toss this in too, reminded me to be mad-er I guesshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8LacnQ1bc

Get a grip lol, freaking done and dusted years ago. Honestly it's actually pathetic and cringe worthy and makes you look like you have no purpose in life other than crying into your keyboard about a game. lmfao.

• Acebets70Acebets70 Millbury, OHMember UncommonPosts: 266

Never forget OP!!! The people here trying to flame you are the same people who embraced the NGE and were John Smedley fan-bois... They should be upset they never experienced the game we did... Keep on keeping on OP...

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisMember RarePosts: 3,301
    Originally posted by Acebets70

Never forget OP!!! The people here trying to flame you are the same people who embraced the NGE and were John Smedley fan-bois... They should be upset they never experienced the game we did... Keep on keeping on OP...  

You need to get a grip as well, it was ten year ago lol. This is what happens when there are no decent MMOs to play, people get bitter and talk shit on these forums.

• Acebets70Acebets70 Millbury, OHMember UncommonPosts: 266

Its funny you say that , back in the 80's Atari came out with a game called "ET" which KILLED video games for 7-8 years!!! SWG was a mini version of that. History always repeats itself, and i sense it happening again so if you wanna side with SONY like im sure you did when NGE came out enjoy!

P.S.  Sheep