Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seems to be very poorly designed for play on large screen TVs . Advice welcomed to solve this issue

greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451

I tend to play most mmos on my Samsung smart TV . To do this I find I have to set it resolution to 1768x992 in some games and in others I can set it to 1920x1080 but only if there is an option to change the aspect ratio from 16.10 to 16.9 . It seems that Archeage has no option to change it 1768x992 or allows for a change in aspect ratio that allows you to play  it at 1920x1080 . This means if I want to play it on my TV I have to set it to 1680x900 which to be honest looks pretty awful . I am using an Nvidea 980 card with all drivers updated .

I have played countless mmos on my TV  and this is the only one where I have this problem . I do have a monitor but I prefer to play on TV mostly because its how I have got my gaming rig set up . Does anyone have any advice or a solution or is this just really down to a very limited game design ?

Comments

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by greatskys

I tend to play most mmos on my Samsung smart TV . To do this I find I have to set it resolution to 1768x992 in some games and in others I can set it to 1920x1080 but only if there is an option to change the aspect ratio from 16.10 to 16.9 . It seems that Archeage has no option to change it 1768x992 or allows for a change in aspect ratio that allows you to play  it at 1920x1080 . This means if I want to play it on my TV I have to set it to 1680x900 which to be honest looks pretty awful . I am using an Nvidea 980 card with all drivers updated .

I have played countless mmos on my TV  and this is the only one where I have this problem . I do have a monitor but I prefer to play on TV mostly because its how I have got my gaming rig set up . Does anyone have any advice or a solution or is this just really down to a very limited game design ?

It looks awful because you compare it to your monitor.    You did not state what the size difference is.    1680 x 900 is still better than 720p resolution.

I don't have a technical solution for you, sorry.   But I am guessing that even at 1080p you probably aren't going to like it since the difference in resolution is not that great unless you have it on a 100 inch screen.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Boneserino
    Originally posted by greatskys

It looks awful because you compare it to your monitor.    You did not state what the size difference is.    1680 x 900 is still better than 720p resolution.

I don't have a technical solution for you, sorry.   But I am guessing that even at 1080p you probably aren't going to like it since the difference in resolution is not that great unless you have it on a 100 inch screen.

Most other games look great compared to my monitor because my monitor will only play to at 1920x1080 anyway. Any game that plays on 1768x992 or 1920x1080 ( if it has an option to change the aspect ratio) looks great on my tv . Archeage is the only one that hasn't got these options . I can play it at 1920x1080 but the mouse cursor is off by about 2 and a half inches when I am trying to do something on the screen this I assume is because its aspect ratio is set at 16.10 rather than the 16.9 I need it to be .

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

Somthing wrong with that game.

Played it here on 2560x1440 the game has problems with that pointer is off.

on samsung tv 42 inc 1920x1080 and my monitor it works good .

HDMI needed some tweaks in the tv's settings but works fine. (HDMI allways screws up stufff)

(works good to on my beamer on 109 inc :) )

GTX570 (x4) / R290x (2x)