Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Achievment system is LIVE! Game needs a Re-launch and refresh..

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

The Achievment system is live! Just remember to get your achievments for your existing characters you need to visit the chronicler or such in the main hubs.

This game really needs some love injected, The achievments is what brought me back (I love those systems), however, we need something to strive for. I feel as though for its seventh anniversary (which is PRETTY GOOD when you talk about MMOS that have been around for so long) it needs a new expansion announced - perhaps with a new class/race, and a level cap increase to say 90.

They need to release this in a physical collectors box (similar to the original) with a statue, artbook, soundtrack, ect. and have it include the base game as well.

After seven years, its time for another expansion (and I hope they are quietly working on this besides the crafting update) to have it all come together.

Heres hoping, any other suggestions for possible expansion (land?)

Comments

• sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212

I would love there to be a heavy update or xpac for AOC.

For me the animations need to be redesigned and the combat needs to feel more precise.

If they could do that i think many more players would come back because the AOC universe is one of the best in any MMO.

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Get the game out of funcoms hands and I'd consider it, it's been in a stagnant state for over 4 years now.  I wouldn't for a second entertain the idea that there will be a big and exciting update to AoC as long as FC has it.  
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

I didn't even know there was one being implemented! Good news, but not enough to get me right back in the game. I want to see how this new single player game goes. I just started Darkest Dungeon and it's a challenging title. 

Anyway, hopefully some spark will rekindle AoC! Good luck to you OP and ty for the post!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    the first step to improving AoC is making the business model the same as The Secret World. Keep the F2P restrictions as a trial ONLY for those who have not purchased the game or invested any money at all. I really like AoC but i would be more inclined to support it if i didnt have those pesky gameplay restrictions as an owner of the game and the expansion.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    I was reading on the box something about drunken bar room brawls. how is that part of the game going?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    I was reading on the box something about drunken bar room brawls. how is that part of the game going?

Lol, still on this? :) It won't matter anyways, since no pets allowed in the bar, so the wolf (drunk or not) would stay at the door.

OP, I too like AoC and nice to see your enthusiasm :) just a few corrections for "needs a new expansion announced - perhaps with a new class/race, and a level cap increase to say 90."

level cap raise is highly unlikely, that's why the AA system is for. There were two expansions added into the game after that, and we're still at 80, so I think it will stay.

New class, also unlikely, the game is built on the 4x3 classes, loved the balance of them in 24mans, I just don't see how would they sqeeze in one more (or more like 3 or 4 more, since they should add either 1 new class to every archetype, or a new archetype with 3 classes)

New race, that'd be fun, with a new area and new missions.

"They need to release this in a physical collectors box (similar to the original) with a statue, artbook, soundtrack, ect." almost no chance for that, the industry is going away from physical sadly, with f-ing steam and other craps... not to mention the game is already f2p, they removed the boxes years ago (gamecards too, I was lucky to be able to complete the collection before they were gone), making a collector's box from scratch would cost some real money, thus putting the box price up into the "No way" category. Btw, TSW is b2p but still you barely can find a box, it's all digital nowadays. No issue for me, I have all, so I'm fine image

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid
    the first step to improving AoC is making the business model the same as The Secret World. Keep the F2P restrictions as a trial ONLY for those who have not purchased the game or invested any money at all. I really like AoC but i would be more inclined to support it if i didnt have those pesky gameplay restrictions as an owner of the game and the expansion.

This. So much this. Removing or lessening restrictions for those who purchased the base game and/or Rise of the Godslayer, or spent some money in the cash shop would be a brilliant idea.

Anyways, I'm curious enough to check it out again. I downloaded it overnight and I'm patching up now.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Tis the season I guess.  I'll add it to my list of games I'm taking another look at, which is getting longer everyday it seems.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey