Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-f2p Defiance >> Destiny

coventryhagdogcoventryhagdog Member Posts: 85

More content, so much more that it's not even funny. More world to explore. More interesting vehicle choices (not by much though) AND SO MUCH MORE WEAPON VARIETY.

The boss encounters in defiance were much better too, ESPECIALLY THE EPIC END BOSS (like NES kind of difficulty... well... almost......but at least SNES).

I remember playing through defiance so much better than I do destiny. Even the incredibly lame borderlands-like jokes and characters were more memorable in defiance than the bland, flavorless, archetypes in destiny (no, Bungie, I won't go to your fucking website).

Defiance is simply a better game and it kind of saddens me to see destiny get more slack simply because of shinier graphics and presence on the new consoles.

As many, many have said, Destiny isn't bad. By console standards, it exceeds expectations slightly, but I don't think it's fair to say that it deserves anymore success than defiance, especially with the paygated crap in an already p2p game.

Comments

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Been playing Destiny since release and I play 2-6 hours everyday, Defiance was boring from the start and only lasted 4 hours then uninstalled.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I think Defiance was better myself but they didnt have the name Bungie attached to it and it has sub par graphics I thought.
  • mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Destiny ofcourse. Defiance is no where close in terms of quality and production values.
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

If you exclude graphics and polish Defiance is better.  I think it depends on how important those are to you.  For me they are less important so I liked Defiance more.

I played defiance on PC and Destiny on ps4.  There are bonuses to the PS4 build in chat. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin