Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No hype...people getting tired of "f2p" alpha purchases?

13»

Comments

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Most MMO's are unfinished at release, some companies are just more honest about it.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Viper482 said:

Funny how we went all these years without having to support games, now all of a sudden they all need our support. 

Because they convince people that they are part of a small, special group and that the only way "their" game will get made is by financially supporting them.  Heck, some games have even started to offer a SUBSCRIPTION to their alpha/betas.   At least one offers a $15 subscription just to participate in their "special" forums.

So now we have come to the point where it is acceptable to not only sell a game that doesn't exist, but charge a monthly sub to one as well.

And then we wonder why there are "haters" when the game launches and doesnt come close to the hype.

It's a crazy world we live in...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    edited November 2015
    If its anything like archeage the beta will be the funniest time in the game world. The pay barrier keeps the riff raff out until f2p launch. Also the community seems to be positive right now. For $30, seems like a fair amount to pay for months of access. You get some credits and some "premium" game time late. I think this might be the most fun time to play so I bought in. I didn't buy in at alpha because there was too much unknown, not as many reviews and gameplay videos, etc.. .
  • stonyleinstonylein Member UncommonPosts: 88
    more than enough hype for albion. idk what you guys are talking about, all major pvp guilds already stated they will play. for all the people who don't want to support game development or simply don't have money, you can play for free when the game releases next year.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I can't tell when a game is even ready for me to check out anymore. I read about all of these games and I think oh this is cool or that is cool, but then when I go to play it, it says alpha/beta and you can participate now for $100 , it leaves me scratching my head ? They want me to pay to test thier game? I have a very low tolerance for mediocrity, first impression matters, when will the game launch and officially announce, "come check out game x folks, this is our best foot forward, and we think you're going to love it? " That is when I want to hop in and possibly pay .
  • stonyleinstonylein Member UncommonPosts: 88
    albion online is already more polished than most mmorpgs were when they released. they were doing alpha tests for 2 years now. i don't think you will be disappointed.

they sell founder packs so they can finance development, because they are an indie game studio. essentially, yes they want you to pay to test their game, which alot of people decided to do since it is a very original game with fun elements, that has absolutely no competition since most other game companies simply try to make the next wow-clone. if you don't like that, simply don't pay.