• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairMember EpicPosts: 7,825
    edited July 28
    NECRO
    Post edited by GeezerGamer on
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,394
    Forgrimm said:
    Strong necro.
    :lol: double necro now.

I saw this in the top voted games, dunno why this is a top voted game...but here is my post anyway...

I find it funny these fail browser RPGs ban users for multi accounts. have they never heard of husbands, wives, brothers, room mates? I guess the developers think no lifer basement dwellers that have no friends play their game. Which is very sad and pathetic, and shows how bad the game is.

Never even heard of this game, but it must be for basement dwellers with no friends, and that is the developers market. At least that is how it appears in how the developers act. They are taking advantage of lonely gamers that don't play with anyone else and live all alone.

Lots of people in say WoW have more than one account on the same IP, because their husband (or wife or girlfriend/boyfriend) play alongside them. Or have room mates that all play together. That is a REAL social experience.

I am imagining the developers making a DnD game. But no one could be in the same room as each other because that would be "cheating". Pretty much same thing lol.

Family and friends often play together in the same house or apartment or whatever, and play games that way. That is a huge part of gaming. And this isn't the first browser game I see ban people for that because "two accounts on same IP trolololol" 
    Dude, you double-necro'd a thread and didn't read the part where the developer posted that multiple family members can play from one location. The guy was boxing and they don't allow that. It's pretty clear.

What's pathetic is you created an entire faulty argument and tirade based on wrong information and then proceeded to rage about it for 6 paragraphs.
    Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Album: Plastic Fantastic
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Matrix, NYMember RarePosts: 2,157
    edited July 29
    Torval said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Strong necro.
    :lol: double necro now.

I saw this in the top voted games, dunno why this is a top voted game...but here is my post anyway...

I find it funny these fail browser RPGs ban users for multi accounts. have they never heard of husbands, wives, brothers, room mates? I guess the developers think no lifer basement dwellers that have no friends play their game. Which is very sad and pathetic, and shows how bad the game is.

Never even heard of this game, but it must be for basement dwellers with no friends, and that is the developers market. At least that is how it appears in how the developers act. They are taking advantage of lonely gamers that don't play with anyone else and live all alone.

Lots of people in say WoW have more than one account on the same IP, because their husband (or wife or girlfriend/boyfriend) play alongside them. Or have room mates that all play together. That is a REAL social experience.

I am imagining the developers making a DnD game. But no one could be in the same room as each other because that would be "cheating". Pretty much same thing lol.

Family and friends often play together in the same house or apartment or whatever, and play games that way. That is a huge part of gaming. And this isn't the first browser game I see ban people for that because "two accounts on same IP trolololol" 
    Dude, you double-necro'd a thread and didn't read the part where the developer posted that multiple family members can play from one location. The guy was boxing and they don't allow that. It's pretty clear.

What's pathetic is you created an entire faulty argument and tirade based on wrong information and then proceeded to rage about it for 6 paragraphs.
    I didn't double post, I checked and I only did one post. Not sure what you mean there.

But as for multiple family members in one location. There is actually no easy way to tell if its one dude on multiple computers, or multiple people instead. In WoW, I swore a group of 6 people were botting. They followed each other around, did basic movements/attacks and acted very suspicious. I reported them and it turns out after seeing them again a month later, the guy was the father and it was his kids playing with him. But it looked exactly like a bot group going around auto attacking and barely doing anything "advanced". 

Then why is even multiple accounts bad anyway? More money for the developers. In EVE, I had 3 accounts running. One miner, one hauler and a combat/defender in case of ganks that used a throwaway combat ship. This is VERY common in many MMOs, and developers actually love it because more money for them and it actually does no harm to the game.

For example, I was nowhere near as good as a group of 3 players...so if an organized group came along, I was screwed despite having 3 accounts going. May have escaped, but not in an actual group with other players, I was often at a big disadvantage. It was actually pretty challenging controlling 3 ships.

Same in WoW. There are lots of people with more than 1 account. 

But besides that...going back to my first example...I was 100% positive that a group was botting and it was just a guy with his really young kids. He was actually really friendly, but I assumed he was botting. It looked exactly like it. So blizzard could have said "lol multi account bot", but they must have dealt with it internally and found out he was innocent.

So how do you tell things like that apart? Someone can pretend to have a brother or a roommate, and in many cases I've seen them actually get away with that excuse. But how are the developers going to prove otherwise? Either they ban anyone of any suspicion of multi accounts, or anyone can pretend to have friends or family. 

I know 2 people in real life (both in Europe) that are VERY good at pretending to be multiple people, and any game that ban multi accounts (which is dumb to begin with), they actually get away with it (they occasionally play MUDs, so a bit different than a browser game, but point remains). In that case, how do you tell the difference?

That also doesn't include people with dynamic IP addresses that change all the time, or those on private browsers that change your location for you. There are so many ways to get around the multi account rule that it is VERY easily abused. Unless the game comes with a client, its quite a bit harder of course. 

But even ignoring cheaters, there is nothing wrong with more than one account, especially if both accounts pay. No one should be banned after paying right after, I'd do a charge back because I'd feel ripped off (if I spent 15 dollars in WoW, got banned an hour later because I have more than one account, I'd get my money back because my 15 dollars was wasted) and that actually hurts the company more. But that isn't even an issue, because every MMO I ever played you can have more than one account. heck, I have two steam accounts and there isn't anything wrong with that. 

The only time I have ever seen multi-accounts be an issue is in browser games and some muds...dunno why, but no other genre or type of game has an issue with them. I don't even understand why. Like two characters in an RP MUD? Just RP them differently, dunno why that is even an issue lol. Two characters in a browser game? Not different at all from two characters in WoW or EVE lol.

It must be because browser games and MUDs are a VERY old and archaic way to play games, so they have outdated and primitive rules from way back when. Since newer games having more than one account is common and not even a second thought. Maybe the actual target is for old gamers, and not the new generation. And old gamers play games really slow, and would be at a disadvantage if there was a person with more than one account. Since MUDs and browser games tend to be for older gamers (or sometimes kids too, depending on the game. Like battleon games and neopets are aimed at kids, but they allow more than one account funny enough), where as games for old people they wouldn't be able to compete otherwise.

So I can see that actually, that this game targets an older group. Maybe retired grandparents that need a slow paced game, and if someone had say 6 accounts, that is a huge advantage to someone in their senior years. So maybe its not basement dwellers this game aims for, but an older group that most games don't try to target ever. So that is awesome actually, because most games are aimed at young kids or young adults.
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My adult gaming and mods website (various games, adult mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 

http://nsfwgaming.wixsite.com/adultgamingandmods

And my Youtube channel (for nature/relaxation/meditation videos)

https://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn