Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VAAL skills ??

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have up till now not seen why i would use these at all,i already have enough on my hotbar to boggle my mind lmao.

I have just recently got a choice for a reward from i think was the Library npc.It says it activates supported curses on hit.So is this how we make use of Corrupted items from various skills like these?It would make sense sense we don't actually use the VAAL skill at all the hit activates it,meaning it stays full/loaded all the time or at least i think it stays full of souls?

haha so much to boggle the mind.

On a side note,is this how player's eventually move up to tougher leagues,when all their gem skills reach very high levels or does everything reset each season?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709
    They are very powerful gems, but they need "souls" to be activated, so you cannot spam them. You get "souls" as you kill mobs. I frequently use Vaal Storm Call on my casters, it needs just a few souls and the damage is massive.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I have up till now not seen why i would use these at all,i already have enough on my hotbar to boggle my mind lmao.

I have just recently got a choice for a reward from i think was the Library npc.It says it activates supported curses on hit.So is this how we make use of Corrupted items from various skills like these?It would make sense sense we don't actually use the VAAL skill at all the hit activates it,meaning it stays full/loaded all the time or at least i think it stays full of souls?

haha so much to boggle the mind.

On a side note,is this how player's eventually move up to tougher leagues,when all their gem skills reach very high levels or does everything reset each season?

vaal gems(and items) are obtained by using a vaal orb on said gem. now Vaal orbs are basically a yolo orb because the effect is somewhat random. in the case of gems you will get increased quality, increase in max level, a vaal gem(if it exists for that skill) or nothing at all. the gems activate by killing things and it will gain souls...then you cast the gem when its full. Vaal gems typically have super stronger effects.....vaal skeleton is an army in a can, vaal spark and molten shell can often solo bosses in a single cast, vaal immortal call and grace grant insane defense.

Curse on hit support gem is a seperate thing. basically you link curse on hit to a curse gem(like enfeeble, temporal chains, assasins mark,etc) and  an attack/spell(i tend to use retroactive skills like tempest shield, riposte, heralds, etc). then when the skill "hits" the curse is automatically cast with out you having to physically cast it. its a convenience gem.

Also difficulty goes up when you do your additional play throughs....normal > cruel > merc then end game maps at 66 and then typically a difficulty gaps at 70 then 76. judging by the "hot bar to boggle my mind" your probably still in normal....and will probably get wrecked in act 2ish in merc.

leagues generally aren't more difficult(except the hardcore ones....which is bloodlines in this season), but generally have slightly higher drop rates, physical prizes for completing the challenge list, and have a fresh economy because they are only 4 months long. leagues are temporary but your character will go to standard/hardcore at the end of them.