Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One giant, connected landmass; cars not required? Open World.

YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

It seems as though FFXV has stated that their world is entirely connected together, and that you can travel around it all on foot, car or train.  This raises questions of how Cidney will play into the game if a player decides never to use a car (seeing as she seems to be it's mechanic), though still good new for those who were hoping for an open world experience.  We have known that the world was "open world" for some time, but many still questioned it it was all connected or if there would be loading screens.  Such a question may have recently been answered.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-xv-s-map-is-one-giant-connected-land/1100-6424803/

For those who haven't seen the FFXV dog demo:

Interesting information (speculative) about Summons in FFXV:

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.

Comments

• BossOfThisGymBossOfThisGym Member UncommonPosts: 34

Cool open world and real time action made me decide to buy this game.

http://www.ffxvfans.com/gameplay/6-reasons-you-will-love-final-fantasy-xv/

So many fans may feel meh but for me I say yeah.

This change could be a revolution of JRPG.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by BossOfThisGym
    This change could be a revolution of JRPG.

Why does everything have to be a revolution...

just Sub-Genre that way people know exactly what game it intends to be.

I look up "RPG" on steam i get payday...wtf.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am not sure i follow the point here.

You can have a totally connected world even with a loading screen.You know exactly where the loading screen takes you ,so you know the connection.Now if a loading screen took you to another city,then you would say it is not connected and just a warp to which FFXIV also offers that option.

I used to be totally against it but have learned to accept warping around as long as it has some plausible realism to it.I do not believe this was something Square wants per say but more so what the public has been crying for in EVERY game,seems gamer's are just in general lazy.

I might also add that just having a landmass ,example SPACE in EVE means nothing,you need a landmass that serves a purpose and has interaction along the way.At the very least it should look nice,hence why graphics DO matter,boring black space does not look nice and never will.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.