Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would suddenly make you say "No thank you" to Crowfall?

12346»

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Arawulf
    This game has really caught my interest. There are so many aspects of the game that have not been revealed (intentionally). Community discussion seems to be key to their development process, so I'm curious about this: what could Crowfall announce about their game that would make you suddenly go, "Nope!"?

I would say the default for any new game is no.  They have the job of turning that no into a yes.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

On paper FFA / full loot PVP sounds great, Skyrim with friends!

But the reality is full loot pvp just ends up attracting players who get their enjoyment from griefing people. I don't know what the solution to this is, you're fighting human nature, but I will not waste any time or energy playing a game in which the community devolves into cannibals.

So full loot = pass

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365

Instanced PVP... Lobbies aka instances waiting for arena style pvp.

Wait, isn't there already lobbies confirmed?

oops

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Cash for gold... as in the VIP Membership trading system.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

But the reality is full loot pvp just ends up attracting players who get their enjoyment from griefing people. I don't know what the solution to this is, you're fighting human nature, but I will not waste any time or energy playing a game in which the community devolves into cannibals.

So full loot = pass

^This

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    If they say it is really a MOBA like it sounds more and more every time they release information.  This would make me say no.  Them stating things would be reset over time already has me leaning to NO.
  • NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Gestankfaust
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

So full loot = pass

^This

Well you're both in luck. Its not there, at least on 4 out of the 5 original campaigns. I'm sure there will be campaigns with full loot, but you don't have the participate in those campaigns.

I gotta say I love this system.

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    PVP + Cash shops = massive 3 month exodus like Archeage. There is a reason WoW and other PVE games are still doing decent business. It's PVE content. Games slated for PVP and console gaming are dead to me. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Let's see... The story so far:

Best resources are tucked into full loot, FFA PvP areas.

You can opt out of those areas and safely craft items nobody wants.

Triple dip monetary system in place.

Sub money can be converted to in game currency and used for anything in game.

Not feeling this game at all so far. With raph on board, I think it has potential to be interesting. But seems like every time we get a bit of news about this game, it has me walking further away.