Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Playing cards that are fun rather than cards that win.

I'm done building those insanely stressful control decks and have gone to using cards I find to be "fun" even if they are kind of weak.

Right now I'm using a lot of 3-5 mana cards like King Mukla and ETC.

Anyone else over being super competitive and using cards you wanna use either for the art, voice/sound or other reason?

Would be interested to hear about what cards you guys are using and the reasons why.

<3

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by BruceYee

I'm done building those insanely stressful control decks and have gone to using cards I find to be "fun" even if they are kind of weak.

Right now I'm using a lot of 3-5 mana cards like King Mukla and ETC.

Anyone else over being super competitive and using cards you wanna use either for the art, voice/sound or other reason?

Would be interested to hear about what cards you guys are using and the reasons why.

<3

Yes i hear ya but sadly you will lose more often but to me FUN is more important than some kids worried about your rank.

Blizzard did not address their game design very well and have to keep nerfing cards forever because of it.

The problem is the design allows cards to be played uncontested that ALWAYS favors a speed game.I was actually surprised that watching all the tournaments they were usually bringing control decks.Firebat an over rated player imo was at least smarter his recent tourny he brought all 4 decks as faster decks.He replaced Handlock with Zoo can't go any faster than that and of course mech mage which is ridiculously over played right now.

Example of a fun card is the guy who buffs 1 attack creatures,but if you don't get him you will lose the board control by turn 4/5/6 and by turn 2 if facing another speed deck like Zoo or Mech Mage.

As to your question,i have pretty much always been playing cards i like as i like to make my own decks usually,although i will test others decks to see how they function and their weaknesses.

Back when i was a noob i fell in love with Misdirection,won me many games,i got rank 4 in only about 10 days of game play.I did not care if others were not playing it,i liked it.Matter o fact if i can somehow get back into playing this game i will be making a new Hunter deck without the Scientist as Hunter never needed him before and imo doesn't need him now either.

The problem is so few cards are actually viable,i can name them all at each cost and it is FEW,so it really LIMITS the meta game and becomes more about stronger decks than stronger skill.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.