Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The elderscrolls online> Same faith as swtor?

NeoCroX997NeoCroX997 Member UncommonPosts: 28

What if this would follow the path of SWTOR, I wondered to my self long time ago.  Most gamers would love to try the game while it´s free, while some would feel very sorry those who bought the 60$ packs(not to forget to recurring subscription).

Dont take me wrong, I really love the elderscrolls series. But when I saw the prices, it was a clearly not an option for me, also after reviewing tons of comments after I decided wanted to wait. As I waited the comments became more harsh towards the game. I had no clue what to do, then I decided to step aside for a while and see how it evolves. But now the new rumor it will go F2P. Will it go hand in hand same faith as SWTOR?  What is your comment about this...

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

If by "same faith" as TOR, you mean making more than $200M a year, i am sure the devs would be delighted.

and f2p is good .. may be i will find 15 min to check out the game now.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Gaming is far cheaper than other hobbies I have/had.

I just grow tired of funding other people's lifestyles and hobbies on top of my own.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    The specs are to high for my Windows Vista Home Premium and I didn't get enough money together this year to buy an Alienware Dell.  Tried parts rummaging but it was more expensive than a Walmart Alienware.  Gaming is not my least expensive hobby. 

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    The specs are to high for my Windows Vista Home Premium and I didn't get enough money together this year to buy an Alienware Dell.  Tried parts rummaging but it was more expensive than a Walmart Alienware.  Gaming is not my least expensive hobby. 

Windows Vista is an operating system, not a brand or model of hardware.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    First of all if you can run Warcraft then you can run ESO.  It was coded very well and can run on some very old machines.  Secondly is the rumors about ESO and their subscription model.  You have to realize that making this a console game they cannot just give it away.  That would ruin a lot of contracts they are having with sony and Microsoft.  The reason you don't see the price going down on the ESO website is because they cannot go under the price of the PS4 version or it will ruin the sales figures.  It is way too early in development for them to make a concrete decision.  Give it a year or two before they decide to follow any F2P or B2P option.  This game is being strongly developed and has a lot of players right now.
    Are you onto something or just on something?