Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion actively silencing PvPers

fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
Since the last expansion a lot of the pvp community has become frustrated with the apparent way trion has been treating us. Nearly every single negative post has been deleted and the poster banned. Trion has quickly become one of the worst mmo companies.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Well..Trion has always been good at destroying their own reputation. Guess the Archage sickness had hit Rift :(

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by fanglo
    Since the last expansion a lot of the pvp community has become frustrated with the apparent way trion has been treating us. Nearly every single negative post has been deleted and the poster banned. Trion has quickly become one of the worst mmo companies.

This doesn't only happen at the official forums.

Just wait for the white knight to join this thread and postings just like users will magically disappear.

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    PvP in Rift used to be a lot of fun, it's a total waste of time now. Trion really screwed players who'd spent a lot of time building up their gear and made it completely useless overnight, at all levels. I guess they don't make enough cash from PvP, as that's all they're interested in.
  • CallidorCallidor Member Posts: 371
    I quit playing Rift shortly after they announced that they were going to do away with all the hard work I put into my pvp gear. They basically force you to pve for pvp gear, what sense does that make? Every good pvp'r I knew in the game was of the same mind and quit. I think they did it to try and push pvp'rs to Archeage. What a crock. Like I said in my email to em when they denied my refund for Archeage and I went and got a chargeback. "I wont touch another of your cash scam games ever again, way to lose a loyal customer of several years."

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Trion is joke... just all need to say 
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Be for we start jumping down saying trion this that and this, yes they do delete post, but most the post are out on attack on other people and to the dev. and even they keep making same post over and over.

So far the pvper can't even work with each other with a other attack and other. and yes there problem to pvp atm, like there not matching up to the gear to the raiders. But pvper on rift not all tons of them are very rude and hateful.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I was a long time rift player until they introduced CQ and killed open world PVP. The current people running these games are simply bad at their job. They have successfully tarnished their own reputations within the gaming community and continue to make more mistakes. I guarantee everyone reading all these posts about Trion; they will shortly see a major overhaul within the company as soon as the bean counters starting seeing their profits go down. Then watch, the firings will commence and it will be ugly, and no amount of fanboi propaganda will save them. 

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by DMKano

Just when you thought that Trion conspiracy threads couldn't get any sillier.. lol

Actively silencing .... Umm... go take a look at any official Trion forum, actively silencing???

lmfao

Isn't that exactly what you've been doing a long time on these forums whenever a poster speaks out against Trion or your opinion about the company or any of their products?

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Here's an idea... it's leading edge so brace yourself for it...

Don't post in their forums and they won't delete your posts.  You know, like posting about it here.  You get your frustration out, Trion still ignores you, BUT your post remains!

Happy happy, joy joy.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    F2P is a joke and so is trion.  What a shame. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by Chrisbox

Man that league of legends F2P must be a joke too with more people then any modal, but anyhow yeah trion not sure what up with them, seem like there turning in to blizzard did to me for years.

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by zaberfangx
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

Man that league of legends F2P must be a joke too with more people then any modal, but anyhow yeah trion not sure what up with them, seem like there turning in to blizzard did to me for years.

The issue here isn't that people PvP.... it is that they feel that they can take a dump on the forums. I do agree that this is exacerbated by the ability to create free accounts, to continue this bad behavior. I am not sure that LoL is any better ( I have seen similar problems there) in this aspect... but I do give them a lot of credit for their social enablement to remove this bad behavior from their games. They are really ahead of the curve on this aspect.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Just when you thought that Trion conspiracy threads couldn't get any sillier.. lol

Actively silencing .... Umm... go take a look at any official Trion forum, actively silencing???

lmfao

Silencers (suppressors) don't work on normal revolvers like that one.

Just thought that had to be said... (The rest of you can resume this crazy thread)

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by Velocinox

lmfao

Just thought that had to be said... (The rest of you can resume this crazy thread)

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Trion is too busy focused on selling dimensions to care about pvp, now get in yer house and shut yer pie hole ya hooligan. Play nice like the ladies and buy some more imaginary tapestries.
  • LungingWolfLungingWolf Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Gorwe

"It happened right here on mmorpg. Someone was interviewing daglar(Chris coke I think) on that 'tripping the Rift' podcast. And the question came: 'So, what about Arenas or even the ranked/competitive version of it? What are your thoughts on this daglar?'. As did the very wrongly worded answer(just listen to this!):

'Look, that crap has nothing to look for in Rift. If you want to play such ... modes, feel free to go and play other games. As long as I am here, there will be no arena in Rift. So it's basically, if it does come, I'll leave. So, choose: me or arenas!' "

Hmmm ...

Daglar, or an arena ...

Daglar, or an arena ...

Bye, Daglar. image

Waiting for: Citadel of Sorcery. Along the way, The Elder Scrolls Online (when it is F2P).

Keeping an eye on: www.play2crush.com (whatever is going on here).

Originally posted by Adjuvant1

lmfao

SA-wing and a miss...

Read the red text and pout, for your technical correctness was already covered. NORMAL revolvers. Not the one (and only one) made in Russia to specifically use a suppressor. And the pistol in the picture is a NORMAL revolver. :)

Sorry, but you don't get to be Hermes Conrad today and be technically correct.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

Originally posted by LungingWolf

"It happened right here on mmorpg. Someone was interviewing daglar(Chris coke I think) on that 'tripping the Rift' podcast. And the question came: 'So, what about Arenas or even the ranked/competitive version of it? What are your thoughts on this daglar?'. As did the very wrongly worded answer(just listen to this!):

'Look, that crap has nothing to look for in Rift. If you want to play such ... modes, feel free to go and play other games. As long as I am here, there will be no arena in Rift. So it's basically, if it does come, I'll leave. So, choose: me or arenas!' "

Hmmm ...

Daglar, or an arena ...

Daglar, or an arena ...

Bye, Daglar. image

When there was a arena group type, no team group pvper does it, then we got player made arena maybe 4 to 5 group show up, still arena just be one the ideas don't work out in the game.

Read the red text and pout, for your technical correctness was already covered. NORMAL revolvers. Not the one (and only one) made in Russia to specifically use a suppressor. And the pistol in the picture is a NORMAL revolver. :)

That weapon was not "made to specifically use a suppressor". There was no such concept in that era. The design was an attempt to increase projectile velocity via regulation of the direction gases are expelled from the reaction. You are wrong, sir.

The weapon in that man's hand is a Nagant M1895 revolver, not a S&W snub-nose .38. It wasn't just "any revolver" either. That weapon was used by police agencies all over the world through the 1950s and used in active service as recently as the Vietnam war.

This is the last time I'm going to try to discuss with you if you're going to overtly be an curmudgeon about minor things.

edit: You can tell it's a Nagant M1895 from size, shape, and the distinctly bare ejector rod.

Originally posted by Rhoklaw
    Originally posted by zaberfangx
    Originally posted by LungingWolf

Hmmm ...

Daglar, or an arena ...

Daglar, or an arena ...

Bye, Daglar. image

When there was a arena group type, no team group pvper does it, then we got player made arena maybe 4 to 5 group show up, still arena just be one the ideas don't work out in the game.

I love a man who is passionate about his work, but being closed minded can often bite you in the ass. With that, I'd have to say one of GW1's finest moments was the fact it had this exact feature. I prefer arenas and battlegrounds versus open world PvP. Simply because too many asshats out there who have no concept of what a fair fight is and enjoy getting their twisted jollies off griefing people.

I Prefer Battlegrounds over Arena, But I don't I do like Arena when the game is more balance play then picking the 2 most op class with no skill needed there at the top. Battlegrounds can be same way, but having solo queue and good game mode can end up more fun then being a pain.

World pvp I don't like much due, is easyer to gank someone then fight a fair fight, and that most mmo out there are like.

That weapon was not "made to specifically use a suppressor". There was no such concept in that era. The design was an attempt to increase projectile velocity via regulation of the direction gases are expelled from the reaction. You are wrong, sir.

The weapon in that man's hand is a Nagant M1895 revolver, not a S&W snub-nose .38. It wasn't just "any revolver" either. That weapon was used by police agencies all over the world through the 1950s and used in active service as recently as the Vietnam war.

This is the last time I'm going to try to discuss with you if you're going to overtly be an curmudgeon about minor things.

edit: You can tell it's a Nagant M1895 from size, shape, and the distinctly bare ejector rod.

That is a 20s Smith and Wesson Model 10 in the picture, not a Nagant M1895...

You can tell by how the trigger guard is recessed from the crane, and how the crane is blocky, the crane on the Nagant tapers in to the trigger guard, the crane on the S&W only tapers midway and then straightens out.

Also the ejector rod is flush with the barrel (no light between them in the picture) as in the S&W and not separate like the Nagant.

As well as the frame near the hammer curves gently rather than a hard curve.

Recessed trigger guard from blocky crane and attached ejector rod on S&W

Flush trigger guard to tapering crane and separated ejector rod on Nagant M1895

I suppose the best proof though is why would Hollywood go to Russia for its detective movie pistols when it has thousands of them right here at home made by S&W... (Not to mention why would American police forces do the same?)

• BaaldBaald Member Posts: 1

After almost 4 years, I left Rift for good today after reaching rank 100.  Before 3.0, I had earned the best PvP gear and was sloooowly upgrading to Myrmm. The whole Myrmm bit should have clued me in that things weren't right as it would have taken a casual player like me years to upgrade.

I tried a few other games recently and nothing out there rocked my boat as Rift did in the beginning. Rift was my first game and like that girl who stole my virginity, I will never forget it. Maybe I'll take up bowling.

As for deleting posts: duh. Open forums does not give anyone the right to attack anyone or anything.

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Baald

After almost 4 years, I left Rift for good today after reaching rank 100.  Before 3.0, I had earned the best PvP gear and was sloooowly upgrading to Myrmm. The whole Myrmm bit should have clued me in that things weren't right as it would have taken a casual player like me years to upgrade.

I tried a few other games recently and nothing out there rocked my boat as Rift did in the beginning. Rift was my first game and like that girl who stole my virginity, I will never forget it. Maybe I'll take up bowling.

As for deleting posts: duh. Open forums does not give anyone the right to attack anyone or anything.

Trion deleted posts saying that they didn't care about the pvp community. A lot of the posts deleted didn't attack a single person but complained about the lack of communication and apparent disregard for the the pvp community. In their own TOS they state they welcome constructive criticism and yet people who do just that got banned because it was seemed a bit too harsh.

Ultimately any website has the right to silence and delete anything they want for any reason, but as a consumer we need to call out these companies on these tactics so other realize that what is being said on the forums is being highly filtered and the reality is the game is not good or fun for pvp players.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

Originally posted by Baald

Trion deleted posts saying that they didn't care about the pvp community. A lot of the posts deleted didn't attack a single person but complained about the lack of communication and apparent disregard for the the pvp community. In their own TOS they state they welcome constructive criticism and yet people who do just that got banned because it was seemed a bit too harsh.

Ultimately any website has the right to silence and delete anything they want for any reason, but as a consumer we need to call out these companies on these tactics so other realize that what is being said on the forums is being highly filtered and the reality is the game is not good or fun for pvp players.

There are post right now about pvp there not deleted, but it does end up seeing getting deleted is post are the same thing over and over when there are a open post talking about pvp, or people with in the post attack each other as the pvp community end up hating each other over ego is hard to work with each other when we fighting with each other.

That is a 20s Smith and Wesson Model 10 in the picture, not a Nagant M1895...

You can tell by how the trigger guard is recessed from the crane, and how the crane is blocky, the crane on the Nagant tapers in to the trigger guard, the crane on the S&W only tapers midway and then straightens out.

Also the ejector rod is flush with the barrel (no light between them in the picture) as in the S&W and not separate like the Nagant.

As well as the frame near the hammer curves gently rather than a hard curve.

Recessed trigger guard from blocky crane and attached ejector rod on S&W

Flush trigger guard to tapering crane and separated ejector rod on Nagant M1895

I suppose the best proof though is why would Hollywood go to Russia for its detective movie pistols when it has thousands of them right here at home made by S&W... (Not to mention why would American police forces do the same?)

I think I have a compromise. You're right about the trigger guard. I can't find examples of a Nagant with such a design. I thought because of the angle and lighting the ejector rod appeared flush. You argued no revolvers could be suppressed except one made to be suppressed. The compromise is that the weapon in the pic is a toy, not an actual revolver firing blanks. There were revolvers on which could be fit an effective suppressor, which was not the intent of the design, but that rendition is not such a weapon.

How is that.